GEO Imaging Satellite (GISAT)

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
But we won't just stop launch or delay simply because usa is objecting . Delay to me conveys that we are probably changing something. Some dual use tech from usa to now totally indian.

Anyway too much speculation there nothing concrete in reporting.
Easier said than done, US has multiple times made India backtrack from nuke tests, ICBM tests, ASAT tests and launching reconnaissance satellites. Even this new series of names; CMS, EOS and NVS was picked for satellites to make it harder for other countries to differentiate between type of satellite in future.

IndianHawk

Country flag
Easier said than done, US has multiple times made India backtrack from nuke tests, ICBM tests, ASAT tests and launching reconnaissance satellites. Even this new series of names; CMS, EOS and NVS was picked for satellites to make it harder for other countries to differentiate between type of satellite in future.
But it's back on shedule for launch so what changed??

mokoman

Country flag
:hmm: Its resolution is only 40m ,application seems to be mostly meteorological and civilian.

Why would US care anyway . unless its carrying something else too.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Cross posting
The Indian Space Research Organisation has revised the launch schedule of geo imaging satellite GISAT-1 on board GSLV-F10 rocket following a "minor issue" with the spacecraft.
The Bengaluru-headquartered space agency was earlier looking to launch the satellite on March 28, subject to weather conditions.
"There is a minor issue with the satellite", ISRO sources told PTI.
"As of now, we are planning to launch it on April 18".

FalconZero

Country flag
Cross posting
Last few years have been pretty let's say 'passive' for ISRO. Now, private players only hope, even SSLV got delayed :( Let's hope we will some launch from Skyroot of their Vikram rocket maybe this year end. ISRO needs to improve their communication, accountability too.

Akula

Country flag
Last few years have been pretty let's say 'passive' for ISRO. Now, private players only hope, even SSLV got delayed :( Let's hope we will some launch from Skyroot of their Vikram rocket maybe this year end. ISRO needs to improve their communication, accountability too.
For 1 year Gslv mk2 was in storage, that's why there are issues in its launch. But what I don't understand is, why was Gisat launched cancelled last year. American pressure?

FalconZero

Country flag
1 year

Private players stand nowhere against ISRO. None of them is in position of launching a PSLV/GSLV size rocket.
I was specifically talking about SSLV class or Vikram rockets of Skyroot which they can launch in every third day, much higher frequency than isro can even dream of. I know third day part is exaggerated but it's a bit sad that each launch gets so delayed.

For 1 year Gslv mk2 was in storage, that's why there are issues in its launch. But what I don't understand is, why was Gisat launched cancelled last year. American pressure?
Apparently there were some american equipment that now have been replaced by indigenous solutions, still american pressure ig, no official report though.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
I was specifically talking about SSLV class or Vikram rockets of Skyroot which they can launch in every third day, much higher frequency than isro can even dream of. I know third day part is exaggerated
ISRO isn't a commercial agency, it was created for research purpose. If it was all about launch frequency, it would have done 70-80 long ago like US & USSR did during cold war.

Definitely launching a heavy or super-heavy lift launcher in 3-8 years is more commendable job than launching 50 Kuizhaou vessels in one year (the frequency SSLV is going to achieve).

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Sir
Why we always telling the capabilities of our sats before launch? Is US telling us everything? Or chini?
They do announce. It depends upon government if they state correct or incorrect capabilitiee. GISAT is an experiment for now anyway. Not a full fledged tech.

Few satellites like RISAT, Cartosat and Microsat series don't have anything in public except names.

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
That’s a lot of delay, didn’t the staff and scientists get the jabs on priority basis?
GSLV launch last time was postponed after assembling rocket. Obviously they already have fabricated satellite and rocket stages to again start assembly in VAB again in no time. Fabrication was already complete an year ago.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles