Zbigniew Brzezinski Dead

pmaitra

@pmaitra @Project Dharma and all those interested: Zbigniew Brzezinski author of "The Grand Chessboard" is dead.
Ah, the evil incarnate has crossed the bridge. With all the blood in his hands and venom in his heart, I am pretty sure he will land up in hell.

On a side note, his daughter Mika recently married Joe Scarborough. Both are hosts of "Morning Joe."

pmaitra

I would have moved it to "International Terrorism" section if we had one, but we don't, so I've moved it to "International Politics" section.

Ancient Indian

p = np :)
I would have moved it to "International Terrorism" section if we had one, but we don't, so I've moved it to "International Politics" section.
How did he able to manipulate religious fanatics?
Money and drugs?

pmaitra

How did he able to manipulate religious fanatics?
Money and drugs?
It was easy to tell convince them, that the Soviets were evil and encourage them to wage jihad.
  • Women in Afghanistan's cities wore western clothes.
  • Women got education.
  • Women worked.
  • Genital mutilation was banned in the Soviet Union.
  • Soviet schools had meal plans that include all kinds of meat, including pork. No exception was made for Muslims.
  • Some of these so called Mujaheedin were local thugs who simply made money from opium trade.
  • Some were funded by Saudi Arabia.

Ancient Indian

It was easy to tell convince the, that the Soviets were evil and encourage them to wage jihad.
  • Women in Afghanistan's cities wore western clothes.
  • Women got education.
  • Women worked.
  • Genital mutilation was banned in the Soviet Union.
  • Soviet schools had meal plans that include all kinds of meat, including pork. No exception was made for Muslims.
  • Some of these so called Mujaheedin were local thugs who simply made money from opium trade.
  • Some were funded by Saudi Arabia.
That simple?
What about the people who enjoyed support from soviets?
They must have atleast tried to form some sort of counter measure to these Taliban scum.
Seems like there was no pro-soviet factions in Afghan at the time.

P.S. I don't like this type of terrorism politics. Never studied in depth.

pmaitra

That simple?
What about the people who enjoyed support from soviets?
They must have atleast tried to form some sort of counter measure to these Taliban scum.
Seems like there was no pro-soviet factions in Afghan at the time.

P.S. I don't like this type of terrorism politics. Never studied in depth.
Kabul was a very liberal city back in the day.

Kabul is to the south of the Indicus Caucasus, aka Hindu Kush. To the north lay Mazar-e-Sharif, which was a Soviet stronghold. The countryside was infested with illiterate people who were very religious. The Soviet Union had to run convoys to supply Kabul. The Mujahideen would ambush those convoys. Yes, there were many pro-Soviet factions. On the other hand, the Saudis kept dumping oil in the international market thus pushing oil price down. This hurt the Soviet economy. Therefore, the Soviet Union decided to withdraw. It may be symbolic to know the Mikhail Gorbachyov was the first Soviet leader born after World War II who trusted the west too much without realizing it was all show off based on the culture of debt.

Ancient Indian

Kabul was a very liberal city back in the day.

Kabul is to the south of the Indicus Caucasus, aka Hindu Kush. To the north lay Mazar-e-Sharif, which was a Soviet stronghold. The countryside was infested with illiterate people who were very religious. The Soviet Union had to run convoys to supply Kabul. The Mujahideen would ambush those convoys. Yes, there were many pro-Soviet factions. On the other hand, the Saudis kept dumping oil in the international market thus pushing oil price down. This hurt the Soviet economy. Therefore, the Soviet Union decided to withdraw. It may be symbolic to know the Mikhail Gorbachyov was the first Soviet leader born after World War II who trusted the west too much without realizing it was all show off based on the culture of debt.
Boss, you shortened the whole coldwar episode into one short paragraph.:yo:

I wonder how many times you went through all those events.

desicanuk

Definitely not a friend.But then the same goes for most Democrats.He did not believe in pissing off PRC despite many unfriendly acts of the latter.He still believed that Russia was more of a threat than PRC!!
He saw Pakistan as an ally against jihadis!!!Did not want to get closer to India because it would piss off Pakistan and PRC.A once brilliant man stuck in the 50s mindset.

Hari Sud

Country flag
True enemy of India within the Democratic Party establishment from Jimmy Carter era till today. Hid policies together with Henry Kissinger are still in place in the State Department even today. Many presidents from Carter onwards have tried to reform and restaff the State Department but of no avail.

Truly an anti Russian and enemy of everybody who shook hands with the Russians.

Country flag
True enemy of India within the Democratic Party establishment from Jimmy Carter era till today. Hid policies together with Henry Kissinger are still in place in the State Department even today. Many presidents from Carter onwards have tried to reform and restaff the State Department but of no avail.

Irony in this he was born in a (Russian )? Polish Nazi/commie supporting family who defected later

Last edited:

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag

For Zbig hurting or trying to hurt russia and all its friends was a hobby.

Isn't too surprising considering he is originally a pole.

Country flag
For Zbig hurting or trying to hurt russia and all its friends was a hobby.

Isn't too surprising considering he is originally a pole.
His father spent much of his diplomatic career in Russia only to turn on them later with the rise is nazi Germany. He was schooled in Canada

Country flag
Yeah but he was still polish, hence the hatred.
When I was a young kid in the early seventies my father would watch political shows and he would come on and he would speak with a heavy Russian accent I always thought he was Russian and wondered why he was on TV?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles