Yudh Abhyas 2013

chase

Tihar Jail
Banned
An average american male is 5' 10" whereas Indian average height is quite less(less then 5' 7")

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
FM Manekshaw had once stated," If a man says he has never been afraid than either he is a Gurkha or a liar". Sam Bahadur was himself a great Gurkha officer.
which sam bahadur?

the man who said this was a parsi belonging to a community of iranian immigrants

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
The Nick name of FM Manekshaw was Sam Bahadur Manekshaw as he was from Gurkha Regiment. In IA the religion of an officer is the religion of the troops he commands.
great attempt at secularization of army but sorry for you as you are out of context.

the discussion was on height of indian soldiers and someone brought gurkhas ( oh our IA will die without them ) as bravest and most gallant soldiers despite shorter height.

so in this context, it is the actual gurkha that should be talked about that is a man with mongoloid features .

you dragged sam bahadur to join the chorus singing gurkha bravery. ofcourse, sam bahadur would turn in his own grave to see this revisionism.

he meant a gurkha when he said gurkhas are bravest certainly not a kerali of gurkha regiment.

this is a very sensitive issue but please do not forget that all this high flown jargon is useless as we saw in operation bluestar.

Last edited:

Decklander

great attempt at secularization of army but sorry for you as you are out of context.

the discussion was on height of indian soldiers and someone brought gurkhas ( oh our IA will die without them ) as bravest and most gallant soldiers despite shorter height.

so in this context, it is the actual gurkha that should be talked about that is a man with mongoloid features .

you dragged sam bahadur to join the chorus singing gurkha bravery. ofcourse, sam bahadur would turn in his own grave to see this revisionism.

he meant a gurkha when he said gurkhas are bravest certainly not a kerali of gurkha regiment.

this is a very sensitive issue but please do not forget that all this high flown jargon is useless as we saw in operation bluestar.
You are right in your assesment. The days of pure regiments are over and now we have mixed regiments. However my quote was w.r.t Gurkha soldiers only and not for mixed regiments which is now the norm of IA.

MAYURA

Tihar Jail
Banned
You are right in your assesment. The days of pure regiments are over and now we have mixed regiments. However my quote was w.r.t Gurkha soldiers only and not for mixed regiments which is now the norm of IA.

OK, and i do know the gurkhas as Gurkha cantonment is just 4 km away from my home in my city and i can testify that height is not a burden for their perfomance at all.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I have been within Gurkhas and i have great respect for them so does every individual within Army..

They are very obedient and brave soldiers..

=========================

70% of Gurkhas are from India, The Gurkha which serves in army are not first generations but something like 5-8th generation..

Decklander

@MAYURA, IA will not die for lack of Gurkha soldiers. Pls remember those who defeated Gurkhas as part of British East India Company were all non Gurkhas. And mostly people from Hills and plains of River Ganga and the majority were Bhumiyaars.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
The thread is about Exercise and tactics, Keep comments limited to that..

Its ok to discuss Gurkha warrior culture as its part of tactics..

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Army Paratroopers Team Up With Indian Army For Parachute Jump During Yudh Abhyas 2013 Exercise - YouTube

U.S. Air Force Airman assigned to
the 14th Airlift Squadron, 437th
Airlift Wing from JB Charleston,
S.C. conduct a training static line
and bundle drop over Pope Army
Air Field, May 10, 2013 in support
of the annual Yudh Abhyas 2013
Exercise. The 82nd Airborne
Division from Fort Bragg, NC
joined the Indian Army during this
training. The training provides
both the Air Force aircrew, 82nd
paratroopers, and the Indian
paratroopers with joint readiness,
providing an experience and joint
force.

cobra commando

Tharki regiment
Country flag
Joint Indian and American
Chinook Jump 15 May 2013
(YUDH ABHYAS 2013)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NgPJEsGKNNw
Paratroopers of the 82nd Airborne Divisions First Brigade Combat Team and the Republic of India's 50th independent PARA Brigade came together for a Joint CH-47 (Chinook) Airborne Proficiency Jump.

Company Level Situational Training Exercise 17 MAY 2013 (YUDH ABHYAS 2013)

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9Lg2wlWQFZY
A training event between the Republic of India's 99th Mountain Brigade and the 82nd Airborne Division's 3-73rd Cav Regiment. The two planned the exercise and executed flawlessly.

Indian Army doing Khukuri dance

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a5V1T7NuSYE

During Sports day 16 May 2013, (Yudh Abhyas 2013) The Republic of India's 99th Mountain Brigade performed their Khukuri Dance for their host.

sydsnyper

Country flag
In return for their weapons and equipment we get to call the exercise, YUDH ABHYAS !!!!!

Why every time in Yudh Abhay we cannot take our guns to US ? We always use their guns. Assuming those M-4s are not the ones we bought.

But they bring their weapons for exercise in India.

P.S. Even five years old are allowed to use guns over there!! :p

Global Defence

New threads

Articles