Yudh Abhyas 2013

binayak95

Country flag
There is no issue with case ejecting, Goggles looks nice in normal conditions but one better without it so does for those knee pads and arm pads unless they are inbuilt within uniform..
Goggles do look nice but try long duration firing and you will know the associated problems. During an Army CATC camp that I attended last year( I am a naval cadet), we were trained to fire on the INSAS and the old 7.62mm Bren LMG. We had been told to get goggles. But after 3 hours of continuous shooting, all the sweat starts to pool within the goggles and accuracy goes out the window.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
In case of the INSAS or the AKs or the Tavors used by the IA, all of them have the same ejection system on the right side of the receiver, and most of them are used in the right hand config, I am sure they have a changing mech for all of them...I think there are better people than me here to explain how it is changed.
Tavor is different, you can use it for left or right side, AK and INSAS has only one side ejection.
check the video for tavor he has explain it.

Last edited by a moderator:

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
As for training part, it is well known that UAV operation, CAS co-ordination and other technical operations are integral to the US and NATO SFs, atleast since 2002-03, when UAV co-ordination and guidance abilities were demonstrared for the first time( Air strike co-ordination was demonstrated in 1991 GW itself). In addition, several UAV troops are integral to the SFs itself. As such these SFs are well versed in such ops, including with the equipment needed for these tasks.

The IA SF are not known to be trained in such stuff, especially the UAV part. The story goes that that the IA para were stunned when the US regular infantry demonstrated light weight UAVs as force multipliers and surveillance platforms for the SF teams, followed by a mad scramble to get a hold of such drones.
In July 1999, for the first time the Indian army deployed its new Nishant UAV system in the fight against guerilla forces backed by Pakistan in Kashmir. Nishant, which had been developed for battlefield surveillance and reconnaissance needs of the Indian Army, was test flown again in early 2002. The indigenous Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) Nishant developed by ADE,DRDO had completed its 100th flight by June 15, 2002[3] The Indian Army has placed an order for 12 Nishant UAVs along with ground support systems.[4] Nishant Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) developed by DRDO for Indian Army was successfully flight tested near Kolar on 20 June 2008. Nishant has completed development phase and user trials. The present flight tests are pre confirmatory trials before induction into services.[5]
DRDO Nishant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
@DivineHeretic i think you are pointing these pics from Yudh abhayas 2009

nothing path breaking about this, but sure it does help with intell and bird eyes view of things.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
I wouldn't be surprise they issued you and you mates goggles coz of Oil spilling ?

There is a fundamental problem still lies in many branches about maintaining a Rifle, As per old procedure one clean and oil the barrel, But most use too much oil cause it to spill when hot, If we get some berrata or something it will too have such situation if we dont think we need to modify the procedure..

During an Army CATC camp that I attended last year( I am a naval cadet), we were trained to fire on the INSAS and the old 7.62mm Bren LMG. We had been told to get goggles.

DivineHeretic

Country flag
@DivineHeretic i think you are pointing these pics from Yudh abhayas 2009

nothing path breaking about this, but sure it does help with intell and bird eyes view of things.
Yup. This is what I was referring to.

The command level (Brigade HQ and above) have been well versed in the use of UAVs ever since the Kargil conflict came to pass. What I'm talking about is the percolation of these technologies lower down the order, to the section level in case of SFs. Infact the technology and the skill of the operators required for this transition is at a higher level than the one required at the HQ level.

The soldier on the ground linked to the UAV is dependent on live feed and real time direct updates on the ground for effective use. At command level, the UAVs serve more as a surveillance and recon instrument, and as such real time update is not really a priority. Case in point is the usage against Naxals. The UAVs are deployed on recon duties prior to a forward push. This helps in identifying the hostile fortifications and the strength. In combat the fighting units are linked to the commmand and not directly to the UAVs. The soldier is reliant on the command for receiving feed from the UAVs, a loop which can take a fair amount of time.

The handheld UAV is not pathbreaking by itself as a new technology, but rather by the force multiplier effect these provide to a SF unit directly controlling the drone.
For a force inside enemy lines, significantly outnumbered and outgunned, this tiny bird allows the SF to identify the positions of the enemy, including live updates, allowing them to avoid hard spots wnroute to target, and indeed in attacking the target.

PS: Certain universities were approached by the IA for development of a micro-UAV some years back, presumably for the SF and the COIN QRTs in J&K. We still dont know what happened since.

sayareakd

Mod
Country flag
@DivineHeretic HALbit is the JV company which make these micro UAVs in India.

it sells Elbit products as Elbit has 26% share in the company

HALBIT Avionics Pvt. Ltd,
HALBIT Avionics Pvt. Limited
Old Airport Lane, P.O. Vimanpura,
Bangalore – 560 017.
Phone 40491001
Fax (080) 41605000

Design , Development & Marketing of aircraft simulators & all related applications for Indian & International markets. Integrated logistics support & maintenance services throughout the life cycle of products to the customers in Indian & International markets.

Elbit Systems, - 26%
Israel

Merlin Hawk - 24%
Associates, India

HAL – 50%
here is their product

off topic to show that HALbit is really serious.

they also brought this product

Decklander

If red dot can make such a diff, imagine how steady their hands are while firing from normal metal sights.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Iron Sights are the best as men trained on them..

For example one can take out a 1rs coin at ranges of 50meters with Insas, Of course i am talking Single shot ;) ..

If red dot can make such a diff, imagine how steady their hands are while firing from normal metal sights.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles