Your top 3 DFI posters

A.V.

We decided to hold a member of the year contest but with so many quality members it would be unfair to many to point out a few of them so as DFI completes 1 year of its glorious existence we ask our members about their opinion

1. Your top 3 favourite poster on DFI who has helped to understand matters better and added to your knowledge

2. how has DFI changed your net experience ?

so lets hear it from all of you and see you all more actively on DFI

Kinshuk

K so I am the first one to pick..

1. Armand2rep

2. Prada (something like this)

3. NSG_BLACKCAT

I will edit my post later to answer the second question..

Last edited:

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Leaving out our Mod Team, My Pick is as follows and criteria include Activity, Consistency in posting et al

1) Sabir/Rage
2) NSG/Sohamsri
3) Armand

About DFI Changing My Net Experience, Well it can answered in short sentences. You cant find me on any other Defence Forum, other than DFI. That itself shows how much this place has affected my net experience. DFI Has everything in it for a person needing to learn and discuss about anything under the sun. You want to know about Weapon Systems? Check out the various threads, Want to know how to be a Man? Check out Singhjis thread on the Same! Wanna know about Cars? Politics? Movies? This is the Place! One stop surfing! God Speed

Last edited:

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
top 3 chaps:

Rage, SATA, Energon, (in no particular order and purely based on the stuff these people write) ..................... i wish we had another 2 slots there, would have given one to the guy i disagree the most and as Ahmed likes to say the guy who goes against the tide, but then thats what sets people apart .............................. Johnee.

how has DFI changed your net experience?

what really sets apart this forum from the rest is the quality of discussion that gets generated here which is pretty good, without threads and discussions being allowed to get hijacked by trolls, something that keeps me going or else i pretty soon loose interest.
the front home page is exclusively reserved for resident writers and not given to out side "very important news", which is surely getting the best out of people and making the experience a lot more user friendly.
the blogs of the forum are an inspiration, and have certainly encouraged me to do a little write up, something otherwise i would have never really thought about doing.
there remains no racism on the forum or any room for personal attacks, a trait absolutely unique to DFI which helps generate an enviornment for better sane discussions.

Last edited:

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Choosing top three from my favourite posters in DFI took a whole day. After lot of pondering I prepared one list but I know any such list will always be incomplete. DFI simply has too many probable candidates for top three slots.

1 Tarunraju/ Bengalraider

2 Daredevil

3 Nsg_Blackcat

I will describe DFI as a very balanced platform to share your view irrespective of your profile or nationality, with a wide range of subjects and above all monitored by dedicated staffs to keep it free of stains. So, no wonder many of our members are found logged in almost whole day. Believe me, if I laugh at any joke I don’t find relief until I share it with you in DFI pages, if something I feel painful and needs to be addressed I don’t hesitate to share with you asking your opinion. In every manner (other than very personal)DFI has become last refuge of my soul.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
T-3 :

Ritesh - For those huge super posts, which he puts up despite being so short of time.
P2Prada - The technological insights.
Energon - His posts make me want to study economics.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Will not count in the mods and admins in this so here it goes Rage, Johnee (for the opposite and the near convincing posts he comes up with), Bengalraider. I think we have a lot more of them and it is really hard to even chose just three. We have a great bunch of posters out here with some outstanding knowledge on various issues. One of the reasons why we have STAR members. So the list is that BIG.

DFI has made me an addict. Last thing before bed and first thing in the morning i log on to see new posts using my mobile phone. My wife calls DFI her sauten. (Now dont get any ideas that i dont do anything with my wife) i am adept in time management skills. The unbiased moderation policy (which is a very genuine effort from the staff and discussed all the time) makes a huge difference. DFI presents a forum where we dont encourage any pissing contest and whose thing is bigger etc... I remember the initial days when just to get more posters and traffic we could have just let the forum quality slip and make trolling and flaiming the order of the day as its there in many other forums. But we resisted all that as we were in principle against it. We thought time would make our forum reach great hight. Trolls are summarily dealt with. We have absolutely no issues with spammers and tolls as Ahmed is in auto mode. The spammers and trolls are banned even before they do something, LOL.

All this achieved in a year is just awesome. I wish to be part of DFI for a long long time and contribute towards greater glory in the future.

Rage

DFI TEAM
Very clearly, since its inception to the current stage in the evolution of this forum, in order of preference:

1. p2prada: for the considerable repository of technical information he possesses.
2. Arman2REP: for his capacious general knowledge, abreastedness of military developments, and assiduity.
3. S.A.T.A.: for his priceless historical insights and ease of writing and eloquence.

Other (very) notable names: Singh (I've had some great discussions with this guy, and I've always come back having felt I've learnt something new); johnee (for the alternative, and very insightful, viewpoint); bengalraider (for his incomparable awareness of Indian weapon systems and global military platforms; as also for his technical and technological input); NSG_kalli billi (for his deeply perceptive knowledge of current affairs, as also the political-legal aspects of Indian events); SATHISH / Kommunist / kuku / sohamsri / sayareakd / notinlove / ppgj / Arjak and Payeng (for their acute technical insights: on both the Indian and the global defense industry; some of them are not active now, but have been noteworthy contributors in the past; mattster and Energon (for their well-framed, useful views on politics, economics and global affairs in general); thakur_ritesh (I listen more to this guy than to the priest at sermon); 1.44, EnlightenedOne and EnlightenedMonk ( useful contributors in all fields- from intriguing news articles to opinions and identification of vintage weapons and military equipment to history and politics, as also pictures of military exercises and airshows); tarunraju (particularly for his views on the Telangana issue; and for bringing to light inadequacies in the utilization of military bases); Stealthsniper (for his excellent documentaries); and finally ohimalaya and badguy (I ain't kidding; who, for all their egregiousness, strive to put forth their views in a clear, succinct manner and provide a useful 'alternative context' to the viewpoints on this forum).

How has DFI changed my net experience? Simply put,

See there ain't no place like the DFI space
So if you're lookin for cool, head to the DFI base
Armour, flankers, explos, frigates and artillery
Al Gore and Bush and chick-a-chick-a chick Hillary
We got it goin' on so hit up the ruse
Of all the forums out there that ain't nothin' but schmooze-
s, this forum'll get you all up 'n' enthused
So what you waitin' for?
Hit up the DFI Cruise.

P.S.: Forgot to add - also ahmed agha and EjazR (for their views on politics / reviews and the shabang on the movie scene, and middle-Eastern politics respectively).

Last edited:

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
I forgot to add : each of the Military pro's posts have given me a lot to learn, esp. Brig. Ray, Vayusena, OOE and the Major.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
No Red IDs included ;)

1. Yusuf = visionary, has farsightedness and always talk like an Indian :).
2. Singh = Super informed, respond very fast (blog friendly), can joke on serious issues as well.
Do your home work before messing around him (wont mind nitpicking you :); thus helps you to improve).
3. Thakur_Ritesh =Potential next PM, well.......... it explains every thing.
4. Ahmedsid = Straight forward, knows India and Indians very well, can ban mischief mongers any time ..ha ha ha ha(I mean good moderator)
5. Rage = Rare to see a well composed aggressive Indian. What you eat in your breakfast?
6. SATA = Gyan Guru. Another aggressive Indian i like.
7. Lethalforce = Resilient, full of patience and well informed, very rarely object thus very inviting poster for discussion.
8. P2prada = very optimistic technocrat,I have learnt heaps.

The list is long, i am not a regular poster but i know many good posters i appreciate. I think more India will challenge its limits as a nation and win more Indians will benefit from her experiences. I have a simple theory; Better nation means better representation (posters).

Experince with DFI: Time to blackmail.
Please fix my script problem with window 7 IE, I hate Google chromerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

DFI makes me feel at home. World's best feeling is to be with your ''svajjan'' friends and have Intellectual comradeship.

Intellectual comradeship requires that you think your thoughts through to the place (DFI) where you can make the complex seem simple, the obscure quite clear.
David Seabury

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
I have a long list of favorites hence taken out lottery of the names and three came are

Rage= raging bull huh :)
SATA= Gurudev :)
Johnee= Hyper nationalist :)

How my experience changed: I am admin here so I have power :) Jokes apart but thanks to you all for making DFI happening place.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Too many good posters. Among Indian ones (excluding the mods/Admins):

Ray sir is the all time favorite since I first saw his posts on WAB.

Indians: Rage/SATA/Johnee/P2P/NIL/AJTR-They all are very strong in their respective niche.

There are several more great posters, I just put the ones that came at the top of my mind.

Chinese: Ohmlatya is generally very good. OOE is a great poster as well.

Pakistanis: We have few active members but Emo girl is presenting the Pakistani viewpoint well.

DFI has become an addiction. Great place to interact with so many people with similar interests and different views.

DaRk WaVe

Pakistanis: We have few active members but Emo girl is presenting the Pakistani viewpoint well.

DFI has become an addiction. Great place to interact with so many people with similar interests and different views.
Thank you :) ...........

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
In no order:

SATA: The typing tree

Bengalraider: loader

Johnee: my chaotic yang

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
Wow! Thanks to all those who selected me to tell you the truth i never thought anybody would select me!

Anyhoo coming back on top top three posters Hmm!

This is a toughie, DFI has so many good posters that it is really difficult to say who's best but as always there are people who stand out, in my book the top three (make that 9:D)would be
1)Rage/Singh
2)P2P/SATA/armand
3)DD/ rItesh/soham/Nil

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Top DFI posters would be those who bring ssomething of value, who broadens your horizon every time you interact with them or read their posts.
I don't know if this makes me dumb, but honestly, every day I learn something new on DFI, whether it be thourgh my interactions on the threads or the shoutbox. I find it impossible to list out 3 people when all the 3000+ members have provided me their valuable insights and a chance to learn something new.
So Kudos to DFI-Family. :)

Sabir

DFI TEAM
UNfair-unfair-unfair....we all took the difficult task and plucked off so much hair.....Singhji you cant skip from mentioning three names....

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
Would you guys quit PMing me. I don't care about popularity contests.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Top DFI posters would be those who bring ssomething of value, who broadens your horizon every time you interact with them or read their posts.
I don't know if this makes me dumb, but honestly, every day I learn something new on DFI, whether it be thourgh my interactions on the threads or the shoutbox. I find it impossible to list out 3 people when all the 3000+ members have provided me their valuable insights and a chance to learn something new.
So Kudos to DFI-Family. :)
Yeah yeah Singh. We are so touched that we're all in tears by now. Infact Rohit is running towards you !

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles