• THIRD FRONT

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • A NEW front

Votes: 3 7.0%
  • NOT interested/dosent matter

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters

A.V.

guys the great thread and poll on the general elections 09 ,your views and choices.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
How about UDA? Congress, BJP joining hands. No pushing and pulling from 25 different parties.

Obviously not going to happen. Wish for a clear mandate to one party. Again that is not going to happen. The country needs good government as for me the next five years will decide how India shapes up for the next 5 decades with so many things happening in various fields.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Politically neutral but I prefer a secular power in the center, so my vote would count the secular image of the parties in contest, literally I don't have faith on most of the politicians.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Secular is a word that should be banned and called illegal. People use the word to further their own agenda.
Where is the talk of improving peoples lives?
On top of that we have a shocker from Varun.
Where are we heading to? What do we as a country want to achieve?

A.V.

I totally agree with you yusuf its high time we get over this secular politics, elections shall not be fought over religious politics, just because i am secular give me a vote or just because i belong to a particular religion/sect or caste you should vote for me is a total no no, we speak of the indian public getting mature in their choices time for us to show that we cannot let these political gimmicks fool us show us the development. improvements of life conditions and only that should be the criteria of our choice.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Mr. Varun sucks if I could he would be in the other side of the border in the hands of our enemies.

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
From a healthy position a few days ago, the UPA alliance now seems to be suddenly crumbling...

Your views guys ???

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Neither I like the current Congress nor the BJP but would vote one among this two, (still undecided), not any independent or third front candidate.

EnlightenedMonk

Hmmm... I'm also yet undecided... but, I think I may just vote for the BJP... have never favoured the Congress much anyways, and over the past 5 years, they haven't exactly given me a reason to jump over the moon either... So, I think I'll stick with the BJP in my case... :):):):):)

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
The problem with BJP is that it uses the tap of Hindutva to further it's cause. Turns it on when it sees itself loosing ground and then turns it off when it's breathing easy.
Just saw on TV that a BJP MP from Karnataka in a rally said he will ban all Muslim festivals and that he doesn't care or want a single Muslim vote.
What the f$$$ is going here? Till a few years back atleast in Karnataka, extremism was no where on horizon. BJP had no standing in this state and then it started experimenting with it's tried and tested Hindutva stuff. The meaning of word Hindutva is also twisted by the extremists just like jihad is. Hindutva if my knowledge is right is a way of living following the ideals of Shri Ram. Not cutting the hands of others. Why can't we get religion out of politics?
Religion is something you practice in your heart and mind at home or temple. You do puja there or pray namaz and then get out as just an Indians trying to do good for ourselves and for the country rather than burning trains and bakeries with people in them?

EnlightenedMonk

Dude, don't worry... they won't do a thing... hehehehe... These statements are only to shore up their Hindu votes and they actually know that they need Muslim votes as well to come to power...

This is all just election rhetoric... just ignore it... hehehehehe... :D:D:D:D:D

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Mate the problem is that this seasonal divisive approach is etched in the minds of the people forever. And those without clear thought process get hooked onto it. Then we have people like Mutalik

EnlightenedMonk

In India public has a very short memory span... The same party which committed corruption can come back to power in 5 years' time... I think you know what I mean and there are numerous examples to prove it...

Each political party is more incompetent than the other...

Don't read too much into all this election rhetoric and muddle up your mind... Peace... :D:D:D:D:D

EnlightenedMonk

The problem with BJP is that it uses the tap of Hindutva to further it's cause. Turns it on when it sees itself loosing ground and then turns it off when it's breathing easy.
Yep, I know... they use it like Nitro in NFS... hahahahahaha... :D:D:D:D:D

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
In India public has a very short memory span... The same party which committed corruption can come back to power in 5 years' time... I think you know what I mean and there are numerous examples to prove it...

Don't read too much into all this election rhetoric and muddle up your mind... Peace... :D:D:D:D:D
You and I realize that. But this nation has no shortage of gullible people who get swayed by all this.

EnlightenedMonk

You and I realize that. But this nation has no shortage of gullible people who get swayed by all this.
There are gullible people everywhere... But, of-late the number of gullible people has been decreasing... they seem to be constantly rejecting those parties which actively use Hindutva to gain a vote share... so, the onus is slowly shifting the development and not religion...

The transformation will take time, but I'm very optimistic about it... In another 5 to 10 years, the usage of religion in politics will decrease to a great extent. And, politicians will realise that it is counter productive and will stop it on their own... Basically, they will come to know that to come to power at the center, you need both Hindu & Muslim & minority votes... so, they'll stop it on their own...

ShyAngel

Founding Member
Just saw on TV that a BJP MP from Karnataka in a rally said he will ban all Muslim festivals and that he doesn't care or want a single Muslim vote.
What the f$$$ is going here? Till a few years back atleast in Karnataka, extremism was no where on horizon. BJP had no standing in this state and then it started experimenting with it's tried and tested Hindutva stuff. The meaning of word Hindutva is also twisted by the extremists just like jihad is. Hindutva if my knowledge is right is a way of living following the ideals of Shri Ram. Not cutting the hands of others. Why can't we get religion out of politics?
Religion is something you practice in your heart and mind at home or temple. You do puja there or pray namaz and then get out as just an Indians trying to do good for ourselves and for the country rather than burning trains and bakeries with people in them?
Yusaf I totally agree with you but look at it in this way: Did modi ever screamed and said "HE'LL BURN ALL THOSE MUSLIMS IN TRAIN"? No na yet it happened. And about what varun said none of us are sure that if its true either. Even if its true I think people are just over rating his words. Those words suppose to be just v.v.very positive energy to hindus; nothing more and nothing less. Personally, in my opinion if Varun Gandhi were to be that evil he would had never said such a thing openly. He rather be more diplomatic and could have plan to do everything behind the door. Some things are not as how it seem to be. But choice is your's!!!!!!

ShyAngel

Founding Member

Agree! Biggest of biggest corruption queen is Indira Gandhi.
:angry:

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Yusuf's concerns are totally justifiable. Varun Gandhi being a typical Gandhi will do anything for power.

PS: Technically Varun cannot be a Hindu himself.

ShyAngel

Founding Member
Yusuf's concerns are totally justifiable. Varun Gandhi being a typical Gandhi will do anything for power.

PS: Technically Varun cannot be a Hindu himself.
Could be! he he

His grandmother expected a lot from his dad but sadly he had failed to exceed her wish/determination.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles