Votes: 3 7.0%
  • NOT interested/dosent matter

Votes: 2 4.7%

• Total voters

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
As far as Varun is concerned, i think he is totally confused person now. First he denied it was his voice. Then he said it was doctored. Then he stands by his statement. Then he thanks Uncle Bal for his support.

Whats up with him? Did you say it not? Clear the thing. If you are proud to be an extremist, then dont make any bones about it, and tell that you are one.

VayuSena1

Professional
Politically neutral but I prefer a secular power in the center, so my vote would count the secular image of the parties in contest, literally I don't have faith on most of the politicians.
If secular is your viewpoint then I don't think Congress would be winning as well. Because if BJP is not considered secular, one must remember the atrocities Congress had inflicted on the Sikhs just because of two assassins who kill the them PM Indira Gandhi. This might remind Congress not to berate its image around as a secular party. Even under the previous NDA rule, both Muslim and Christian politicians have been holding crucial positions and therefore are as much secular as Congress is.

Though not related to this poll, I think that the armed forces (all three branches) must have a small representation in the Parliment house so as to address the military's cause and its issues, upon which an on the spot decision can be taken.

johnee

The problem with BJP is that it uses the tap of Hindutva to further it's cause. Turns it on when it sees itself loosing ground and then turns it off when it's breathing easy.
Just saw on TV that a BJP MP from Karnataka in a rally said he will ban all Muslim festivals and that he doesn't care or want a single Muslim vote.
What the f$$$ is going here? Till a few years back atleast in Karnataka, extremism was no where on horizon. BJP had no standing in this state and then it started experimenting with it's tried and tested Hindutva stuff. The meaning of word Hindutva is also twisted by the extremists just like jihad is. Hindutva if my knowledge is right is a way of living following the ideals of Shri Ram. Not cutting the hands of others. Why can't we get religion out of politics?
Religion is something you practice in your heart and mind at home or temple. You do puja there or pray namaz and then get out as just an Indians trying to do good for ourselves and for the country rather than burning trains and bakeries with people in them?

you are absolutely right yusuf and I completely agree with you. but at the risk of sounding communal and prejudiced, I want to give my opinions honestly. IMO, nehruvian politics and congress politics has already mixed politics and religion to a great extent. for instance, you and I are not under the same law in regard to marriage, inheritance and divorce just because of our religion. haj is funded by the govt but is vaishno devi yatra funded by govt? all this is pure appeasement not welfare. I understand that ordinary muslims are not helped by this kind of appeasement, they need welfare. but still all the so-called secular parties practise this kind of appeasement by promoting extremist kind of minorities. so in consequence, bjp(so-called nationalist party) has to play to the other end. this is reactionary.
similary, all temples are more or less under govt but mosques/churches are not. so, when a state itself discriminates based on religion is it justified to say that we should not mix religion and politics?

johnee

As far as Varun is concerned, i think he is totally confused person now. First he denied it was his voice. Then he said it was doctored. Then he stands by his statement. Then he thanks Uncle Bal for his support.

Whats up with him? Did you say it not? Clear the thing. If you are proud to be an extremist, then dont make any bones about it, and tell that you are one.
If I had to defend varun, I would say look at the context:
4 hindu girls were gangraped in that area allegedly by muslims of that area. hindus of that area were feeling vulnerable. varun gandhi gives a very aggressive and pro-hindu speech. which is then doctored to make it sound anti-muslim speech and released full 9 days after the speech was made.
varun gandhi denies it is his voice and alleges that CD is doctored. EC declares unilaterally that varun is not eligible to contest elections without giving varun chance to defend himself or even wait for the forensic report of the CD. this declaration of EC is unprecedented. are we to assume that all the contestants till now participating in elections were doodh-ke-dule?
varun gandhi decides to surrender with much fanfare. he surrenders and is sent to jail while he awaits a decision on his bail appeal.
meanwhile, he is booked under NSA(under attempt to murder!?!)!(when did he try to kill?and whom?)

again, IF I had to defend him.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
If secular is your viewpoint then I don't think Congress would be winning as well. Because if BJP is not considered secular, one must remember the atrocities Congress had inflicted on the Sikhs just because of two assassins who kill the them PM Indira Gandhi. This might remind Congress not to berate its image around as a secular party. Even under the previous NDA rule, both Muslim and Christian politicians have been holding crucial positions and therefore are as much secular as Congress is.

Yes you are right on your points that's why I quoted that I dont believe the politicians as a whole, but we have to choose a government, the current news channels are reporting that few BJP leaders are comming on open support for their cause of Hindu, two examples I remember right now are Mr. Varun and A BJP leader giving inflammatory comments about Muslim community in Karwa, Karnataka, though I doubt the credibility of the media itself,

If this reports are true then this are the limits of vote bank politics, common man like me are well aware of that the country cannot progress if their is no communal harmony in the country, so is my first preference, more over my belief is also that politicians are nothing but the image of the masses as a whole, so before we blame the politicians we should also take the blame in ourselves.

Also I feel the the riots of Orrisa is a shame on ourselves more than any political parties which we elect.

Also my belief is that in a progressive society religion is a lesser matter of concern.

Though not related to this poll, I think that the armed forces (all three branches) must have a small representation in the Parliment house so as to address the military's cause and its issues, upon which an on the spot decision can be taken.
I dont know because I never thought of that before, but if it is so expect seat in the RS but not in the LS.
more over my idea of quoting these lines are, I think there should be proportionate distribution of seats among the various communities in India, though this is not the best solution and most of you may not support this argument I think this process would work better than the current system, their should be guidelines in the constitution for the proportion leaving the choice of candidates in the hands of the political parties.

But since census on religion is no more practiced this idea seems ineffective itself.

K Factor

A Concerned Indian
Yusaf I totally agree with you but look at it in this way: Did modi ever screamed and said "HE'LL BURN ALL THOSE MUSLIMS IN TRAIN"? No na yet it happened. And about what varun said none of us are sure that if its true either. Even if its true I think people are just over rating his words. Those words suppose to be just v.v.very positive energy to hindus; nothing more and nothing less. Personally, in my opinion if Varun Gandhi were to be that evil he would had never said such a thing openly. He rather be more diplomatic and could have plan to do everything behind the door. Some things are not as how it seem to be. But choice is your's!!!!!!
Err, I think you mean the post Godhra riots in Gujarat, which Modi did little to stop.

One of the coaches (Coach #S6) of a train named the "Sabarmati Express" was set on fire by the mob. The coach was occupied by Hindu religious pilgrims called Kar Sevaks who were returning from Ayodhya.
People like Varun Gandhi and Raj Thackeray should not be allowed to contest in the elections. They are a threat to the nation, using the gullible masses to further their own power. To be honest, I am a BJP supporter, but people like VG deserve no place, not in BJP, not in India.

I think its time for a fresh start. Congress has ruled for 60 years, and look where India is as a whole. Some areas have been developed, but many areas remain neglected, such as NE and Jharkhand/AP/Chattisgarh, which have given birth to the Maoists (Maoists are nt separatists, but are fighting against political corruption/exploitation).

threadbrowser

I am not fond of the BJP coming to power, advani is getting on in years and the leaders below him have no love lost between them. In addition BJP is pushing hindutva even more than usual. I was shocked at the easy way in which the new BJP govt in karnataka let fundoo groups run wild.
While congress is corrupt and sometimes inept at least they dont have any plans of killing me and mine as an 'example' to those who 'hurt the sentiments of the majority community'.

Rage

DFI TEAM
My vote would go to the UPA: simply because while acknowledging that the Congress have been deeply communal in the past, indeed the progenitor of sectarian and caste-based politics, the leaders that were at the rudder of the Congress then are not the same leaders steering the party now. Indeed, I think this government has been substantially different from previous Congress governments in respect of patronizing communal politics for party ends. While not performing exceptionally well on the home security front, I tend to believe that the Mumbai attacks have served as a rude wake up call to the government that has been all this while warming its behind, and the subsequent paucity of terrorist attacks since the security overhaul and reforming of the NSG gives me hope that a control of the situation will be obtained without the need of recourse to passing and implementing ungainly and draconian laws.

On the other hand, Modi, who in my view has the blood of thousands on his hands, is being projected as the next prime ministerial candidate of the BJP- that is the single most significantly worrying thing for me. Despite my admiration for his administrative skills, Modi has been thoroughly indoctrinated with a zealous version of the RSS ideology from his days of listening in hypnotized awe to RSS cadres drinking at his uncle Narsibhai's tea stall during his youth. I shudder to think at what might happen if anything approximating absolute power is vested in his hands. Nor for that matter am I a big fan of Advani, who has an equal - if not more unsatisfactory record as home minister - and who at this very moment struggles to keep even his basic party alliances intact. Neither am I impressed with the performance of the BJP at state level elections in the run up to this general election- particularly in Mizoram where it failed to win even one of the 32 seats.

johnee

more over my idea of quoting these lines are, I think there should be proportionate distribution of seats among the various communities in India, though this is not the best solution and most of you may not support this argument I think this process would work better than the current system, their should be guidelines in the constitution for the proportion leaving the choice of candidates in the hands of the political parties.

But since census on religion is no more practiced this idea seems ineffective itself.
you are talking of reservations! and I dont think it works. dalits and BCs have been given reservations for long time but their plight is not better. some ppl do get advantaged by it, but mostly reservations are misused. and politicians use them as carrots to lure voters. this is wrong.

my idea is- reservations must be based on economic and social status. both economic and social status must be taken into consideration while giving reservations at the same time we must implement a method where if one family has not used reservation till now say in education, then it gets priority over a family which has used its reservation when they try to use reservations. so that all ppl benefit from reservations instead of select few.

johnee

My vote would go to the UPA: simply because while acknowledging that the Congress have been deeply communal in the past, indeed the progenitor of sectarian and caste-based politics, the leaders that were at the rudder of the Congress then are not the same leaders steering the party now. Indeed, I think this government has been substantially different from previous Congress governments in respect of patronizing communal politics for party ends. While not performing exceptionally well on the home security front, I tend to believe that the Mumbai attacks have served as a rude wake up call to the government that has been all this while warming its behind, and the subsequent paucity of terrorist attacks since the security overhaul and reforming of the NSG gives me hope that a control of the situation will be obtained without the need of recourse to passing and implementing ungainly and draconian laws.

On the other hand, Modi, who in my view has the blood of thousands on his hands, is being projected as the next prime ministerial candidate of the BJP- that is the single most significantly worrying thing for me. Despite my admiration for his administrative skills, Modi has been thoroughly indoctrinated with a zealous version of the RSS ideology from his days of listening in hypnotized awe to RSS cadres drinking at his uncle Narsibhai's tea stall during his youth. I shudder to think at what might happen if anything approximating absolute power is vested in his hands. Nor for that matter am I a big fan of Advani, who has an equal - if not more unsatisfactory record as home minister - and who at this very moment struggles to keep even his basic party alliances intact. Neither am I impressed with the performance of the BJP at state level elections in the run up to this general election- particularly in Mizoram where it failed to win even one of the 32 seats.
firstly, absolute power will not be granted to any individual or party in near future. we will only see coalition govts. so whether its BJP or congress, they will have to play coalition politics to stay in power. the so-called secular congress has done nothing concrete on any issue in past term except perhaps nuke deal. other than that, congress has no achievements. while, you draw confidence that 26/11 has woken up this govt, IMO, this govt has not only woken up but is panic stricken and it has chosen to surrender to terrorists. IPL moves out due to security fears. and many will follow, if UPA comes back to power.
the countless bomb blasts in all the major cities of our country, events like mumbai and probability that many more will follow, IMO, is more grave situation than that of silly muthalik episode. muthalik was presented as a grave danger by our SENSATIONAL media.
you say, this congress party is different from past ones, I say this congress party is more dangereous to our country than the past ones. I want remind you how one of the ministers of congress cabinet raised doubts over the authenticity of 26/11 just for his cheap vote bank politics.
the din raised by the so-secular parties when IndianMujahideen was encountered in delhi. infact, going so far as to doubt the authenticity of encounter ignoring that a brave officer was martyred!

I am sure BJP would be much much better that the pathetic governance this present coalition has inflicted on us.
coalition politics will keep in check everyone including modi(if he were ever to be a PM candidate), already we see that advani is trying to shed off his rath yatra image. coalition politics, mate, coalition politics.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
you are talking of reservations! and I dont think it works. dalits and BCs have been given reservations for long time but their plight is not better. some ppl do get advantaged by it, but mostly reservations are misused. and politicians use them as carrots to lure voters. this is wrong.

my idea is- reservations must be based on economic and social status. both economic and social status must be taken into consideration while giving reservations at the same time we must implement a method where if one family has not used reservation till now say in education, then it gets priority over a family which has used its reservation when they try to use reservations. so that all ppl benefit from reservations instead of select few.
Any given privilege and power can be misused Johnee, more over I even quoted that 'this may not be the best solution but should work better',

Answer me a question, why are reservations given?

johnee

Any given privilege and power can be misused Johnee, more over I even quoted that 'this may not be the best solution but should work better',

Answer me a question, why are reservations given?
to provide even ground for all the ppl. while some communities had traditionally enjoyed wealth and clout due to then prevailing conditions, others were gravely neglected by society. so, at the time of independence, it was decided that to put the backward communities on the even keel with the forward communities, reservations are required.
reservations are definitely not 100% success, but they did help lot of ppl. otherwise, even today our society would have rotted like that of pak. but we need to streamline the reservations and also base them on economic conditions. sometimes, in one family every one uses reservations while in someother family no one can. also, sometimes though the community may be backward, but only rich families of the community utilize reservations. so, if we streamline the reservations, they will be more effective. then after 20-40 yrs, we can completely do away with reservations.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
It doesn't matter who wins till CPI-M or its stupid allies don't win. I just hate those guy.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
People i just realised this is the first time i will vote. Man i am excieted, confused and under lot preasure.

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
That is a extremely a bad idea. You never mix military with politics. That's a very bad combination and would result in a state like that of Pakistan.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
to provide even ground for all the ppl. ...........................................................................................................
...........................................................................................................
reservations are definitely not 100% success, but they did help lot of ppl. ..........................................................
well I can only quote two points from your post, its just an idea which GoI never gonna practice in reality, more over my points have nothing to do with economic aspect of the people it is meant for equal representation of different society and save their interest in the society at large, that's why you can see Autonomous ares within the states are sometimes distributed by GoI/state Govt. I am just forwarding an idea of the same in a bigger manner but not logically possible due to macro level political factors, my idea is as you quoted not 100% efficient but should work, more over flaws in a system doesn't mean that a solution is a no system. If you believe that such proportion would be useful but got flaws ratify it rather than not adapting it. If not don't practice at all, that's the end of the argument, because further speculation would yield no result but just an argument.

johnee

well I can only quote two points from your post, its just an idea which GoI never gonna practice in reality, more over my points have nothing to do with economic aspect of the people it is meant for equal representation of different society and save their interest in the society at large, that's why you can see Autonomous ares within the states are sometimes distributed by GoI/state Govt. I am just forwarding an idea of the same in a bigger manner but not logically possible due to macro level political factors, my idea is as you quoted not 100% efficient but should work, more over flaws in a system doesn't mean that a solution is a no system. If you believe that such proportion would be useful but got flaws ratify it rather than not adapting it. If not don't practice at all, that's the end of the argument, because further speculation would yield no result but just an argument.
reservations are temporary but by making systemic changes we would be stuck with that system. and further it would divide our society rather than unite. I think it is impractical.

ahmedsid

Top Gun
I am not a big supporter of Congress Politics, But The Leader I most admire is Indira Gandhi, and I like the way the UPA government ruled. I am a big Nuke Deal supporter also, Hence I would prefer the UPA.

I Liked the NDA too, but the Gujrat riots sort of made me sad and the way the events unfolded after the train burning. BJP and Congress did the same thing. 2 Sikhs shot Indiraji and Congress started killing sikhs Indiscriminately, and Again some Muslims burned the Train with Kar sevaks and BJP and its cronies started killing Muslims in the most heinous of ways! Now what do I say???

Varun Gandhi and the Thackeray types should be send on Exile. I wish we could all base elections solely on Development.

I would hate to see Mayavati and Co come into Power as the Third Front. To be frank, they are the most communal and BJP is a saint compared to them!!!

I believe, the Congress will come into power supported by Communists just like before. Karat has sent feelers about this.

johnee

^^^
karat sent feelers to congress!!!?
hail karat......a man who stands on his words come wat may.:Laie_63A:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles