Yes we killed Captain Saurabh Kalia: Pak soldier

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
More filth coming out of the closet now.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, we killed Captain Saurabh Kalia: Pak soldier

New Delhi: Pakistan may have denied for long that Captain Saurabh Kalia, and five of his platoon members, were tortured and killed by its soldiers during the Kargil War of 1999, but a video that surfaced on the web has nailed the lie.

A video shot during a function of the Pakistani Army to felicitate Kargil heroes shows a Pak soldier reportedly admitting to killing Captain Kalia - former Pakistani interior minister Rehman Malik had claimed that Captain Kalia may have died in bad weather.

Detailing his exploits with the audience, Pakistani soldier Naik Bhule Khandan boasted about his 'heroism' and admitted that he and his fellow soldiers had killed Captain Kalia and five of his platoon members.
Bhule claimed that Kalia and others had crossed the Line of Control (LoC) into Pakistan and hence were shot dead.

"There was an attack on us from India on May 13, 1990. Six people from Indian side who were on a recce patrol advanced towards us. They wanted to capture our post and if they had succeeded they would guard the way going towards Leh." Bhule said.
"Their plan did not work out and instead we hunted them down," he added.

"When they came close we wanted to capture them but they started running away and then we started firing at them," he told the crowd.
"We shouted across the LoC to Indian forces to come and take away their dead soldiers. But their people never had the courage to take their dead bodies," he further said.

Captain Kalia and five other soldiers were captured by the Pakistan Army before the start of the war in 1999.

Captain Kalia of the 4 Jat Regiment was the first one to observe Pakistani troops on the Indian side of Line of Control in the Kargil sector.

He and five soldiers - Arjun Ram, Bhanwar Lal Bagaria, Bhika Ram, Moola Ram and Naresh Singh - were on a patrol of the Bajrang Post in the Kaksar sector of Jammu and Kashmir when they were taken captive by Pakistani troops on May 15, 1999.

They were tortured for weeks before being killed. Their mutilated bodies were handed over to India on June 9, 1999.
Autopsy reports had shown extreme torture including cigarette burns, ear drums pierced with hot iron rods and amputated limbs.

Captain Kalia's father NK Kalia has taken his son's torture-killing to the Supreme Court, saying Pakistan should be asked to apologise. He has also approached the United Nations Human Rights Commission asking it to probe his son's death as a war crime.

NK Kalia has been pressing the Defence Ministry, the Army Headquarters, the External Affairs Ministry and the Prime Minister's Office for over a decade to exert pressure on Pakistan to punish the Pakistani soldiers responsible for the act in violation of the Geneva Convention.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regards,
Virendra

maomao

Veteran Hunter of Maleecha
Country flag
pakistanis are full of shyt.....they are so stupid that they admitted to the crime while boasting their heroism (which again sounded like a lie)....that Indians never took their dead and pakis shouted to take their dead.....LOL what losers everyone know pakistani army officially refused to take their dead and we burried them with full honor.....however pakis toutured our jawans and now they are lying again....No shame!

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag
I dont understand how or why any Indian soldier would allow himself to be taken prisoner by the Pakistan Army.
After all the torture stories, why not just fight to death or even kill yourself.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
I dont understand how or why any Indian soldier would allow himself to be taken prisoner by the Pakistan Army.
After all the torture stories, why not just fight to death or even kill yourself.
Because a soldier is trained to survive. Live to fight another day?
Choosing when and where you fight makes a lot of difference to the bigger picture IMO.
If he has any hopes of making out alive or of being better placed (armed for eg.) against the enemy even in captivity, I'd say he better choose to defer the suicidal fight.
If not, then he can take the final plunge.

Regards,
Virendra

pmaitra

Because a soldier is trained to survive. Live to fight another day?
Choosing when and where you fight makes a lot of difference to the bigger picture IMO.
If he has any hopes of making out alive or of being better placed (armed for eg.) against the enemy even in captivity, I'd say he better choose to defer the suicidal fight.
If not, then he can take the final plunge.

Regards,
Virendra
Not with these semi-civilized neighbours we've got. Even the Soviet soldiers would draw artillery fire on themselves than get taken prisoner by the Mujahideen (Soviet-Mujahideen War). I'd rather go on a suicide mission than be taken alive by these people.

Virendra

Ambassador
Country flag
I still believe that a soldier would be of more value fighting close by his ranks, than doing a solo act scluded in an enemy jail.
Like I said, if he has hopes of making it out alive or of standing on equal footing; he should try to preserve himself for the same and work in that direction. That way he'll do more damage.
Just my thoughts.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
Surrendering is part of War, Its code exercised only in extreme situation ..

An Officer is responsible for his men under, Unnecessary waste of life is discouraged in military ..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles