Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

Is coronavirus a biological warfare agent released by China?

• yes

Votes: 175 89.3%
  • no

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters

ladder

Country flag
Was the polio vaccine mandatory?

It was adopted by all Indians because it made sense - you just needed a one off dose, for a disease with severe impact on young children, and the vaccine was well tested and verified to be safe, and proven to be effective at stopping transmission.

Remind me which of these above conditions hold true for the covid vaccine.
Yes, in many states in USA. USA had many such mandates for many vaccines.
Yes, mandates included school going children.
Please go through history of vaccine/ vaccinations. It will be an interesting read.

Hijibiji

Country flag

Please go through history of vaccine/ vaccinations. It will be an interesting read.
:)

Yes, we are very focussed on India now, NOT on US or NZ BUT YOU have a point.

Btw, do we Indians take vaskins for all the things that US citizens do take?
Should we just follow what USA/ WHO says/ does?

And here:
"Yes, in many states in USA. USA had many such mandates for many vaccines."
States, not entire USA!

And please tell us about the historical mishaps that happened in SE Asia in the past? Related to history of bhaskins?

temujin

Country flag
Chutiya shut up with the whataboutery. The doctor will make a recommendation or other counter measures will be taken to decrease viral load,

yes if stupidity is the reason another wave occurs and more people have to suffer lock down because people like you feel you need freedom to be an asshole.

the majority will impose their will on you. Polio, measles, chicken pox, all fall into the same bucket and as a species we are here today because our grandparents weren’t little assholes. They got vaccinated on time and put their trust in science and educated folks. It’s assholes like you who graduated from WhatsApp university that spread misinformation and doubt.
This thread must not be used to promote vaccination hesitancy.

Simplistic read of any data is a dangerous thing.

Vaccination inequality is one of the reason more mutation will come out.

Failure is not in vaccines but vaccination coverage.

Assholes who wait, delay and deny and then incompetence on part of government is the reason waves after wave will keep coming.

There were scoundrels who used to doubt polio, small pox, BCG, MMR vaccination by doing similar clownish read of data. It is same logical fallacy when people read out data of people dying in road accidents thus suggest no point wearing seat belts.

The pandemic is still in its infancy. Vaccination will be tweaked and then administered in its due course. There will be lag between building active immunity throug vaccination administration and the virus infection incidence.

The virus has killed million because there was no vaccination. The natural immune response was inadequate to lessen mortility and morbidity. Leaving it to herd immunity was, is, will be catastrophic.

The virus will be defeated. Be safe till then and reduce all the probabilities the best you can.
Sorry, apples and oranges. Check the efficacy of the polio and small pox vaccines and their safety profiles. Now check the fate of original polio vaccine introduced in the US in the early 20th century IIRC and what that did to the fight against polio. If a vaccine is shown to be safe and effective, people will accept it willingly. If someone in their 20s makes the informed choice to get jabbed in the full knowledge that it does not deliver on the stated aims for vaccinating children and young adults i.e. reducing infection and transmission, and it's potential to cause some enduring harm however minimal, then that choice should be respected. If I could travel back in time, I probably would have opted for a vaccine from a tested and proven platform (incidentally the same one polio and smallpox vaccines are derived from) like Covaxin followed by Covishield. I have resolved to turn down any Pfizer boosters I may be offered in the future in favour of an inactivated virus alternative if one is available if I feel compelled to have a further 'booster'.

Everyone should be able to make informed choices about what to put into their bodies and what we are witnessing now is a denial of this fundamental right in the name of public health, greater good, threats to cancel etc. If left challenged, I fear this would extend to other areas of public and private life and put us on a fast road to totalitarianism.

ladder

Country flag

And please tell us about the historical mishaps that happened in SE Asia in the past? Related to history of bhaskins?
You started this discussion with Pfizer/mrna vaccine and it's side effects with respect to cardiac conditions.

I don't think that was related to India.

mokoman

Country flag

It was adopted by all Indians because it made sense - you just needed a one off dose, for a disease with severe impact on young children, and the vaccine was well tested and verified to be safe, and proven to be effective at stopping transmission.

Remind me which of these above conditions hold true for the covid vaccine.
IMHO there is a cost-benefit trade off here.

benefit: no loss of economic activity + less covid deaths + not putting medical staff at risk
vs
cost : personnel freedom / maybe remote chance of vaccine side effect ?? + cost of vaccines

the choice is very clear here . just shut up and take the vaccine .

srevster

Country flag

In the early 1950s, before polio vaccines were available, polio outbreaks caused more than 15,000 cases of paralysis each year," the agency's website reads. "Following introduction of vaccines—specifically, trivalent inactivated poliovirus vaccine (IPV) in 1955 and trivalent oral poliovirus vaccine (OPV) in 1963—the number of polio cases fell rapidly to less than 100 in the 1960s and fewer than 10 in the 1970s.

The vaccinators came to Dr. Stephen Gluckman's elementary school when he was in second grade. He remembers lining up outside the school nurse's office.

"Everybody was scared because we knew it involved needles. And we marched in there one at a time, so nobody else could hear people crying, if they were," Gluckman said.

He got his three shots spread out in that school year. Children received blood tests to check for immunity, and it took a year to collate and analyze the data from so many different local sources.

Then came a news conference, where Dr. Thomas Francis announced the Salk vaccine was "safe, potent and effective," to the relief of millions of frightened parents.

"Those three words were the headline of every newspaper in America," said Dr. Paul Offit, who heads the Vaccine Education Center at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

Offit says the polio vaccination effort was "Warp Speed One." Doses were being manufactured before the trial was complete, allowing for larger supply than if manufacturers had waited for the trials and approvals to finish.

As luck would have it, Gluckman received the placebo as part of the study, and would have to go back for three shots of tried-and-tested vaccine. Though he might have felt unlucky, many felt joy.

"I think it has to be looked at in the context of how Americans thought of science at that time," March of Dimes archivist David Rose says in a video in The History of Vaccines, a project by The College of Physicians of Philadelphia. "It was the tail end of the McCarthy era, there was the Cold War paranoia, there was the fear of the atomic bomb, and here [Salk] was a hero, a real scientific hero that I think many Americans, ordinary Americans, could connect with. Because if nuclear war was feared during that time, polio was also highly feared, and here was the beginning of the end of that dreaded disease."

After the trials were complete, the March of Dimes and counties in the U.S. established clinics for children to get vaccinated. In the 1950s and '60s, Bucks County's health department had Well Child Clinics at schools, churches, an American Legion hall and a Quaker meeting house.

Longewala

Country flag
I am sure some states, somewhere in the US, had such mandates. Just like many states allow open carry of rifles, etc.

My point is there was never a call for universal mandatory polio vaccine - and it actually did make a lot more sense to actually make it mandatory for Polio than for Covid, for the reasons I mentioned.

Smallpox us another vaccine where made sense to have extreme measures for instance. Again, not the same as Covid in terms of morbidity for ages below 40, ease of transmission or efficacy as well as track record of the vaccine.

Hijibiji

Country flag

benefit: no loss of economic activity + less covid deaths + not putting medical staff at risk
vs
cost : personnel freedom / maybe remote chance of vaccine side effect ?? + cost of vaccines

LOL.

Entire West Europe and Australia failed to shut-up Novak!

Please provide some data on "remote chances" :)

Please enlighten us how GoI is allowing us to record the side-effects.

Please!

Peace!

And here- a little something for YOU!

Longewala

Country flag

vs

Well formulated argument, thanks.

Points 2 and 3 only hold true for ages over 50 or underlying conditions and absolutely agree with you - take the vaccine.

The problem is simply that this does not hold true for healthy under -50s.

In which case you are reliant on point 1 - which would be more believable if Europe wasn't on the verge of further lockdowns with very high vaccine rates.

srevster

Country flag
Well formulated argument, thanks.

Points 2 and 3 only hold true for ages over 50 or underlying conditions and absolutely agree with you - take the vaccine.

The problem is simply that this does not hold true for healthy under -50s.

In which case you are reliant on point 1 - which would be more believable if Europe wasn't on the verge of further lockdowns with very high vaccine rates.
lol under 50s can have lower mortality and be the main cause of mutations and transmission. So if you want to save the over 50 population from deaths or create a variant that kills under 50; shut up and take the vaccine. If you are correct, come out with a I told you so and sue the vaccine manufacture. For now unless you have data backing up the vaccine related side effects; get vaccinated or self isolate yourself from society.

ladder

Country flag
@ladder

It's YOU who brought-up both co-vaskin and co-vi-siyeld. NOT me. NEVER!
To remind you that you are making a wrong connection as non of those are mrna vaccine.
And the current study about increase in cardiac condition was only studied for mrna vaccine.
In India mrna vaccine wasn't used on mass scale.

This study didn't concern India. But you brought India in as evident from the quoted part.

ladder

Country flag
To remind you that YOU mentioned the name of these two vaskins, NOT me.

And saar, please enlighten us about the history of cobhaisild in EU. Officially it's NOT m*NA but unofficially, under the hood? Do you know all the ingredients?
Saar, YOU are forgetting history :)

Please go a few pages back. Guys were discussing Pfizer, YOU brought up India :)
Don't change from India to Covaxin or Covishield.

Reread your own quoted post if still in doubt.

srevster

Country flag
To remind you that YOU mentioned the name of these two vaskins, NOT me.

And saar, please enlighten us about the history of cobhaisild in EU. Officially it's NOT m*NA but unofficially, under the hood? Do you know all the ingredients?

Here is a little something for YOU (enjoy :) )

show the data ! Cite your sources in a peer reviewed paper that can withstand scrutiny or otherwise fuck off.

Hijibiji

Country flag
@ladder

Who said this: "Any debate atleast in India where the co-vaccine and covishield is available, which would find a resonance with anti-vaxxers is unwelcome."

Prove that I mentioned co-vaskin or cobhaishield before YOU wrote the above! :)

ladder

Country flag
@ladder

Who said this: "Any debate atleast in India where the co-vaccine and covishield is available, which would find a resonance with anti-vaxxers is unwelcome."

Who wrote INDIA first me or you?

You attributed that to me. In any other forum, this kind of behavior will attract action from mods.

Now, you are trying to bring in covishield or coaxing.

My sincere request, don't try to act too smart.

srevster

Country flag
@ladder

Fuck off

Hijibiji

Country flag
Idiot, go to post number your, '20256' in this thread and check if you have mentioned India.

And check the post number of my post you are quoting.
Shall I report this because YOU lost YOUR cool and called me an "ixiot"? LOL :) Hey man, if you can't talk to me, you can ignore me. It's cool!

srevster

Country flag
Catching straws and accusing me of derailing when he can't come to what i said:
Cobhaishield is NOT officially m*NA BUT underhood what are the ingredients?

What is the official statement of cobhaishiled in this regard?
What do scientists say?
What are the recorded side-effects of cobhaisild?
Does GoI give a platform to the citizens to record the issues that they face after they take cobhaishield?

Also can any govt shut-up Novak Djokovic, Daniil Medvedev, Pat Cash and Murali Vijay? :)
  • Adenovirus vector vaccine
Other ingredients
  • disodium edetate dihydrate (EDTA)
  • ethanol
  • L-histidine
  • L-histidine hydrochloride monohydrate
  • magnesium chloride hexahydrate
  • polysorbate 80
  • sodium chloride
  • sucrose
  • water for injection
Catching straws and accusing me of derailing when he can't come to what i said:
Cobhaishield is NOT officially m*NA BUT underhood what are the ingredients?

Shashank Nayak

Country flag
This virus has been a blessing for the Big Pharma, new variant come up every now and then pfizer will keep releasing an updated booster.
For mrna vaccines, you need boosters more often than viral vector, because, non replicating viral DNA is in nucleus, and keeps generating mrna, whereas mrna in cytoplasm gets flushed put quicker..

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles