Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

Is coronavirus a biological warfare agent released by China?

• yes

Votes: 175 89.3%
  • no

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters

here2where

does not look good.

Moderna Inc. Chief Medical Officer Paul Burton said that he suspects the new Covid variant omicron may elude current vaccines, and if so, a reformulated vaccine shot could be available early in 2022.

here2where

related to the rather lively discussion we saw today...

“Everyone must make efforts to protect themselves against the virus and not provide an opportunity for the virus to enter, replicate and thus mutate further inside their body.”

"Each time the virus reproduces, it involves a risk of producing more faulty copies that have mutations" he said while insisting that “Indians must take both doses of vaccine as an urgency.”

srevster

Country flag
I’m glad some people on this thread have basic common civic sense. Vaccine hesitancy or saying only 35+ should take it ; these people are scum. They don’t understand the science and want to preach to the rest of us.

vaccines don’t prevent transmission! They prevent the viral load from getting out of hand. Variants occur when the viral load provides the virus a chance to mutate.

unvaccinated under 35 year olds could be asymptomatic with a viral load that is transmitted and allow the virus to incubate for a long time.

guess what, those under 35 year olds share the planet with their parents and grand parents and are bringing undue risk by allowing mutations to occur and infect their less fortunate elders. Get vaccinated with whatever is available and accessible

THESIS THORON

Country flag
after so many mutations, I fear that, someday in future covid will become perfect human killer :notsure:

srevster

Country flag
after so many mutations, I fear that, someday in future covid will become perfect human killer :notsure:
Mutations always trend towards more transmission and less lethality, but sometimes you have regression. So hopefully omicron is less lethal than its previous counterparts. It could still end up killing more even though it is less lethal and more transmissible

Hijibiji

Country flag
I wonder what will happen if a 70 year old guy says that he has medical conditions that stop him from taking the vaskin. And let's say that the 70 year old guy has a 95 year old mother who is vaskinated. Neither the 70 year old guy nor the 95 year old mother has any problem and they stay under the same roof.

What will happen then?

According to 'popular' opinion, these type of people are all scums.

And the non-scum people will decide what to do with 'scum' people. Amazing!

*********************************************************************************

I have another scenario. A 25 year old recovered from xovid thanks to his own immunity much before vaskin could come to him. Naturally he believes that he is strong enough to fight the bhairas and the mutations on his own (Because if the bhairus could reproduce and increase in number in his body, he would fall down to the bhairus eventualy! BUT that did NOT happen either!)

How is that 25 year old guy a scum?
How will YOU teach a lesson to that guy?

************************************************************************************

Is Novak Djokovic a 'scum'?
Is Pat Cash a 'scum'?
Is Daniil Medvedev a 'scum'?
Is Murali Vijay a 'scum'?

*************************************************************************************

And only people with popular opinions are "unscums"! Amazing!

Last edited:

srevster

Country flag
I wonder what will happen if a 70 year old guy says that he has medical conditions that stop him from taking the vaskin. And let's say that the 70 year old guy has a 95 year old mother who is vaskinated. Neither the 70 year old guy nor the 95 year old mother has any problem and they stay under the same roof.

What will happen then?

According to 'popular' opinion, these type of people are all scums.

And the non-scum people will decide what to do with 'scum' people. Amazing!
<removed by mod> shut up with the whataboutery. The doctor will make a recommendation or other counter measures will be taken to decrease viral load,

yes if stupidity is the reason another wave occurs and more people have to suffer lock down because people like you feel you need freedom to be an asshole.

the majority will impose their will on you. Polio, measles, chicken pox, all fall into the same bucket and as a species we are here today because our grandparents weren’t little assholes. They got vaccinated on time and put their trust in science and educated folks. It’s assholes like you who graduated from WhatsApp university that spread misinformation and doubt.

Last edited by a moderator:

Longewala

Country flag
I’m glad some people on this thread have basic common civic sense. Vaccine hesitancy or saying only 35+ should take it ; these people are scum. They don’t understand the science and want to preach to the rest of us.

vaccines don’t prevent transmission! They prevent the viral load from getting out of hand. Variants occur when the viral load provides the virus a chance to mutate.

unvaccinated under 35 year olds could be asymptomatic with a viral load that is transmitted and allow the virus to incubate for a long time.

guess what, those under 35 year olds share the planet with their parents and grand parents and are bringing undue risk by allowing mutations to occur and infect their less fortunate elders. Get vaccinated with whatever is available and accessible
That is a load of bs.
If anything, being vaccinated does NOT dramatically affect or reduce transmission, which is why European countries with large % of vaccinated are steadily lurching towards lockdown.

And the reason covid is so contagious is because transmission occurs with low viral loads and lack of symptoms, and at a relatively early stage of infection.

Yes, it does help reduce the chance of serious illness and therefore recommended for those at risk.

But there is an unknown risk of side effects, which is precisely why the vaccine manufacturers will not accept liability. And hence why it makes no sense for a 20 year old with minimal risk to get it.

For the record, it never occurred to me not to get my daughter her vaccines, and I have taken the covid vaccine.

But I seriously think this pressure to force an unknown half drug half vaccine on everyone irrespective of risk is disgusting, and bordering on fascism.

another_armchair

Country flag

The 23-year-old had been partially vaccinated against the virus and the 34-year-old was unvaccinated.

Both had multiple underlying medical conditions, said MOH.
The remaining 13 fatalities reported on Thursday were aged between 60 and 89 years old.

Eight had been unvaccinated against Covid-19 and five were vaccinated. All had underlying conditions.
Out of 15, 9 were un-vaccinated, 1 was partially vaccinated and 5 were fully vaccinated.

srevster

Country flag
That is a load of bs.
If anything, being vaccinated d is es NOT dramatically affect or reduce transmission, which is why European countries with large % of vaccinated are steadily lurching towards lockdown.

And the reason covid is so contagious is because transmission occurs with low viral loads and lack of symptoms, and at a relatively early stage of infection.

Yes, it does help reduce the chance of serious illness and therefore recommended for those at risk.

But there is an unknown risk of side effects, which is precisely why the vaccine manufacturers will not accept liability. And hence why it makes no sense for a 20 year old with minimal risk to get it.

For the record, it never occurred to me not to get my daughter her vaccines, and I have taken the covid vaccine.

But I seriously think this pressure to force an unknown half drug half vaccine on everyone irrespective of risk is disgusting, and bordering on fascism.
So if you vaccinated yourself and your kids; what’s your problem?

Europe is old and the vaccines only empower an immune response. If you have weak immune system to begin with; the vaccines will only be so effective. Repeat after me; vaccines are teaching your body how to fight the real thing. What matters in the fight is how quickly your body recognizes the virus and produces the right antibodies. It takes more effort to do this fight with a generic immune response; which leads to a higher viral load. Vaccines overall reduce hospitalization; duration of Covid infection. Unless you have data proving me false, please shut up with the conjecture and personal opinions. We need to be a bit fascist to prevent stupidity from killing us.

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Spanish flu is not spanish flu because it originated in spain, the flu was called spanish flu because spanish media at that time reported transparently about it.

same thing seems to be happening again, if we recall they tried to call it "India variant" as well.
talk about learning wrong lessons from history.
=========
South Africa on Sunday said that it was being punished for reporting the virus.

srevster

Country flag

Out of 15, 9 were un-vaccinated, 1 was partially vaccinated and 5 were fully vaccinated.
all it takes is a mutations that change spike proteins to change how the virus binds and hikacks human cells. This occurs via mutations. Repeat after me. Mutations occurs where there is a lot of replicating. Less replication = less chance of mutations.

Longewala

Country flag
Chutiya shut up with the whataboutery. The doctor will make a recommendation or other counter measures will be taken to decrease viral load,

yes if stupidity is the reason another wave occurs and more people have to suffer lock down because people like you feel you need freedom to be an asshole.

the majority will impose their will on you. Polio, measles, chicken pox, all fall into the same bucket and as a species we are here today because our grandparents weren’t little assholes. They got vaccinated on time and put their trust in science and educated folks. It’s assholes like you who graduated from WhatsApp university that spread misinformation and doubt.
Was the polio vaccine mandatory?

It was adopted by all Indians because it made sense - you just needed a one off dose, for a disease with severe impact on young children, and the vaccine was well tested and verified to be safe, and proven to be effective at stopping transmission.

Remind me which of these above conditions hold true for the covid vaccine.

Longewala

Country flag
So if you vaccinated yourself and your kids; what’s your problem?
I vaccinated my young kid with the usual, she is too young for covid (though give it time, soon they will start asking for infants to be given covid vaccine)

I would not be happy if she was 16 or so, and was pressurised or made mandatory for her to have it.

I don't disagree that for most adults above 40 and / or if you stay with someone at risk it makes sense to have it.

srevster

Country flag
Was the polio vaccine mandatory?

It was adopted by all Indians because it made sense - you just needed a one off dose, for a disease with severe impact on young children, and the vaccine was well tested and verified to be safe, and proven to be effective at stopping transmission.

Remind me which of these above conditions hold true for the covid vaccine.
yes when polio first came out it was mandatory and when it was not a pandemic, it was made voluntary.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles