Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

Is coronavirus a biological warfare agent released by China?

• yes

Votes: 175 89.3%
  • no

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

doreamon

Country flag
The latest is the most heavily mutated version discovered so far - and it has such a long list of mutations that it was described by one scientist as "horrific"

time to prepare for another round . I hope govt remain alert about oxygen and bed requirement this time .

indiatester

Country flag
South Africa variant 500 times more infectious than Delta!

And already the most dominant variant in South Africa.

And 2 cases are now discovered in Hongkong!

Man... the Chinese should be taken to task to being so careless with their research/habits and exposing the world to such a pandemic.

ladder

Country flag
Whether B.1.1.529 is milder than Delta is also a question to ask. More transmisibility is only half an answer.

FalconSlayers

धर्मो रक्षति रक्षितः
Country flag
MeghUpdates🚨™ (@MeghBulletin) Tweeted:
Indian Agencies on Alert as two South African Nationals are diagnosed with Covid at Bengaluru Airport amidst new variant scare

here2where

another_armchair

Country flag
Be****d took not one or two but three doses of Pfizer yet down with quite a bad bout of CoviD. Booster received 2 months ago so should have increased protection from symptomatic infection to 99.99% or whatever fantasy figure Pfizer execs dreamt up. Vaccines undoubtedly reduce the severity of infection and risks of death/hospitalisation (although more sceptical of Pfizer considering the CoviD trajectory in Europe) but all these outlandish claims of 99% efficacy were clearly marketing guff
Pfizer's efficacy against Delta is known to be poor.
Very poor.

another_armchair

Country flag
South Africa variant 500 times more infectious than Delta!

And already the most dominant variant in South Africa.

And 2 cases are now discovered in Hongkong!

1638016422899.png

temujin

Country flag
Pfizer's efficacy against Delta is known to be poor.
Very poor.
Whilst Pfizer contests this, based on my own experience and those of colleagues who have also caught symptomatic CoviD despite Pfizer boosters, I tend to agree. I suppose my symptoms could be classed as mild- although high fever, fatigue, loss of smell/taste can hardly be described as 'mild'- and it could have been a lot worse had I not been vaccinated. Meanwhile my chacha/chachiji who gave it to me are totally asymptomatic, having only received 2 doses of the susta sundar tikau Covishield.

But all it does alter the risk benefit assessment in relation to vaccines for someone in their 30s or younger, especially given the evidence mRNA vaccines heighten the risk of acute coronary events not just in the short term but potentially over a 5 year time span (the findings are preliminary and need further verification). That's not to say that we should all turn into tin foil donning antivaxxers but the fact that vaccines don't stop infections or prevent spread should certainly factor in our decision making if there is a push to roll out a 4th dose of the vaccine 'tweaked' to prevent the Omicron variant.

For the same reason, I'm deeply troubled by compulsory vaccinations that are being increasingly advocated for in Europe- people should be free to make their own informed choices on whether to get vaccinated, especially when we may be moving into the realms of booster doses every 3-6 months, and introducing vaccine mandates will turn us into the very image of China and other autocracies that we hate so passionately.

another_armchair

Country flag
Whilst Pfizer contests this, based on my own experience and those of colleagues who have also caught symptomatic CoviD despite Pfizer boosters, I tend to agree. I suppose my symptoms could be classed as mild- although high fever, fatigue, loss of smell/taste can hardly be described as 'mild'- and it could have been a lot worse had I not been vaccinated. Meanwhile my chacha/chachiji who gave it to me are totally asymptomatic, having only received 2 doses of the susta sundar tikau Covishield.

But all it does alter the risk benefit assessment in relation to vaccines for someone in their 30s or younger, especially given the evidence mRNA vaccines heighten the risk of acute coronary events not just in the short term but potentially over a 5 year time span (the findings are preliminary and need further verification). That's not to say that we should all turn into tin foil donning antivaxxers but the fact that vaccines don't stop infections or prevent spread should certainly factor in our decision making if there is a push to roll out a 4th dose of the vaccine 'tweaked' to prevent the Omicron variant.

For the same reason, I'm deeply troubled by compulsory vaccinations that are being increasingly advocated for in Europe- people should be free to make their own informed choices on whether to get vaccinated, especially when we may be moving into the realms of booster doses every 3-6 months, and introducing vaccine mandates will turn us into the very image of China and other autocracies that we hate so passionately.

Appears herd immunity will only save mankind as suggested by some epidemiologists.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
There is a need for a coordinated Worldwide vaccination campaign spearheaded by a single international organization. Our current piecemeal, slow and mainly national vaccination efforts is allowing more dangerous mutations to occur.

temujin

Country flag
Wow... listening to Majid Nawaz on LBC (its a popular London based radio station) where he is interviewing Dr Aseem Malhotra, a leading cardiologist. He is mentioning some alarming studies on cardiac risks with mRNA vaccines. I will post the interview when it becomes available on the LBC website- absolutely shocking.

Feeling really cheesed off I took 3 doses of this dodgy vaccine and still caught CoviD 🤣

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles