Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

Is coronavirus a biological warfare agent released by China?

• yes

Votes: 175 89.3%
  • no

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters

sorcerer

Country flag
Coronavirus triple mutant variant: A new COVID variant detected in India, can cause lung lesions, weight loss

It hasn't been long since the COVID-19 cases in India started to decline after having claimed several lives. And now researchers have warned about a new variant of the virus which can cause severe symptoms. The new SARS-CoV-2 variant has been detected by the National Institute of Virology, Pune from genome sequencing samples collected from international travellers from the UK and Brazil.

02/7How the variant was detected

The new B.1.1.28.2 variant was isolated from nasal and throat swabs of international travellers, which were later assessed in the Syrian hamster model and compared with the B.1 variant. The findings of the study revealed that the new variant can cause severe infection and neutralization reduction can be a great concern.

03/7Symptoms of the new variant

Similar to the original coronavirus, this new variant also affects the upper respiratory system leading to symptoms like breathlessness, fever, cough and dizziness. Along with this, the new variant detected from international travellers can also lead to weight loss, viral replication in the respiratory tract, lung lesions and severe lung infection.

04/7What do the researchers suggest?

Following the discovery of the new powerful variant of coronavirus, the researchers suggested that the finding points towards the necessity of genomic surveillance and characterisation of SARS-CoV-2 variants. They added that this would help to understand the virus's pathogenicity and immune escape potential for preparedness purposes.

05/7Can vaccines neutralise the new strain?

The pre-print study published online on bioRxiv also emphasised on the need for the screening of the vaccine for its efficacy against the new variant of the infectious virus. An uncorrected manuscript of a separate study by NIV mentioned that a two-dose of Covaxin regimen has shown to boost antibody and neutralising ability against the variant.

Jimih

Country flag
I am surprised, more so with crores being pumped into vaccine that there is no grievance redressal system. In place if somebody does hanky panky.... I want to do a formal complain a against and there is no place where I can complain.... 🤣🤣🤣
You are right.

India is always back by decades.

In US there is the system known as VAERS:
Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS).

SKC

Country flag
From Day1 of the unlock, a big chunk of people here in Pune are roaming around like there was no COVID at all, ever. Roads, shops, common areas are back to being super crowded, masks are scarce. It seems the entire city is almost gearing up to roll out the red carpet for the third wave.
We tried getting admission for my kid into a good or reputed school nearby, and were shocked that they had gone ahead and scheduled us for an in-person interview along with the kid. I was flabbergasted that they being a school lack the sensitivity around inviting dozens of aspiring kids and parents in the wave, which may have subsided but still hovers around the peak of the previous wave.
We let the opportunity pass, and enrolled her elsewhere close by but are averse to risking the kids as well as parents. Its really reflective of our collective myopia which shows in our everything, from town planning to political decisions.
I finally got my second Shot of Covaxin today in Delhi.
I drove all way from Gr Noida to Shahdara in Delhi and back. Its the same story here too as you mentioned about Pune!
People started eating at roadside stalls again. Every second person without masks. Markets people keeping mask only to show!
Fir wave aayegi then sab Mudi Mudi karenge!

another_armchair

Country flag
I finally got my second Shot of Covaxin today in Delhi.
I drove all way from Gr Noida to Shahdara in Delhi and back. Its the same story here too as you mentioned about Pune!
People started eating at roadside stalls again. Every second person without masks. Markets people keeping mask only to show!
Fir wave aayegi then sab Mudi Mudi karenge!
Second wave was entirely on we the people because of non existent covid appropriate behavior.... third,... fourth... fifth.. sixth wave... and several more mutations will be on us only but we will vote Modi out in 2024 for mismanaging Covid.

As of today, despite lockdown in Bangalore, movement between 6 am and 10 am is happening as if the whole city is out on the roads every day. I thought Bangaloreans would have become somewhat disciplined and cautious with nearly every family losing a member or relative to Covid or post covid complications.

No mask, no social distancing when out shopping.. happily eating out with friends.. we are doomed as a nation.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Second wave was entirely on we the people because of non existent covid appropriate behavior.... third,... fourth... fifth.. sixth wave... and several more mutations will be on us only but we will vote Modi out in 2024 for mismanaging Covid.

As of today, despite lockdown in Bangalore, movement between 6 am and 10 am is happening as if the whole city is out on the roads every day. I thought Bangaloreans would have become somewhat disciplined and cautious with nearly every family losing a member or relative to Covid or post covid complications.

No mask, no social distancing when out shopping.. happily eating out with friends.. we are doomed as a nation.
It's foolish to expect people to change their behaviour. As a country, we don't value civic sense.

The good thing so far is that the wave seems to have fallen as sharply as it rose.

So all the government can do is vaccinate as many as possible and prepare for the next wave.

Ofcourse they could retaliate against China's bio-weapon but that seems beyond them at this point in time.

another_armchair

Country flag
It's foolish to expect people to change their behaviour. As a country, we don't value civic sense.

The good thing so far is that the wave seems to have fallen as sharply as it rose.

So all the government can do is vaccinate as many as possible and prepare for the next wave.

Ofcourse they could retaliate against China's bio-weapon but that seems beyond them at this point in time.
How do we retaliate against China?

A step by step escalation ladder would make it easier to understand and perhaps visualize.

The wave has fallen largely because of the lockdown, not because people have developed herd immunity.

ladder

Country flag
China had one child policy, then understanding it's fallacy they allowed 2 child and now 3.
What next? Learning from their iron-brother they will allow polygamy? 🤔
Where will they get all the girls? Lure, poach and buy from neighbouring countries? Aren't they already doing that?

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
How do we retaliate against China?

A step by step escalation ladder would make it easier to understand and perhaps visualize.
Depends on what we want to achieve and what actual capabilities we possess.

Ideally, the retaliation should be in kind that is you attack them with bio weapons but I doubt our ability to successfully weaponisie and execute such an attack.

So let's keep it diplomatic and economic for now.

We could start by calling this out as a bio-terror unleased by China and that India was a target.

Recall our ambassador, close diplomatic ties and ask them to vacate their embassies here.

Suspend any contracts with Chinese companies and start banning their companies.

Start massive funding of companies that can produce products that we import from China.

Confiscate any Chinese property in India under the Enemy Properties act.

Stop any money flowing from China and start banning organization that have ties with China.

Basically, take the lead in the world in terms of calling out and boycotting China. More nations will definitely join.

Retaliation from China would be in kind and more. For sure, there will be massive cyber attacks and likely more bio-attacks, probably more terror attacks and even a more bold land incursion.

The escalation ladder beyond a point can be very unpredictable.

The point is what we can gain vs what we can lose.

If this is a bio-attack, then for sure there will be more. So the question is are we prepared to keep taking the hits and lose this semi-capable government and have Chini stooges installed.

another_armchair

Country flag
Depends on what we want to achieve and what actual capabilities we possess.

Ideally, the retaliation should be in kind that is you attack them with bio weapons but I doubt our ability to successfully weaponisie and execute such an attack.

So let's keep it diplomatic and economic for now.

We could start by calling this out as a bio-terror unleased by China and that India was a target.

Recall our ambassador, close diplomatic ties and ask them to vacate their embassies here.

Suspend any contracts with Chinese companies and start banning their companies.

Start massive funding of companies that can produce products that we import from China.

Confiscate any Chinese property in India under the Enemy Properties act.

Stop any money flowing from China and start banning organization that have ties with China.

Basically, take the lead in the world in terms of calling out and boycotting China. More nations will definitely join.

Retaliation from China would be in kind and more. For sure, there will be massive cyber attacks and likely more bio-attacks, probably more terror attacks and even a more bold land incursion.

The escalation ladder beyond a point can be very unpredictable.

The point is what we can gain vs what we can lose.

If this is a bio-attack, then for sure there will be more. So the question is are we prepared to keep taking the hits and lose this semi-capable government and have Chini stooges installed.
eam.jpg

EAM - Give me this man's location

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
View attachment 93806

EAM - Give me this man's location
Seriously though, I don't think Modi has an option if he wants to continue to be PM.

Using Covid China (along with global leftists) for rid of Trump. You take out the impact on economy, lives lost and mail in voting fraud, Biden would have been crushed.

With that as a grand success, the second wave was timed to fit well with WB elections. You can be damn sure, there will be another wave before UP elections and kids will be the primary target.

There is no way China will allow Modi to come back. They will ensure their stooges the Gandi family is installed one way or another and then it's curtains for us.

Look at the context.

China has done something that has clearly devasted the world.

We will never have a similar chance to take a stance against them and have sympathy of the world.

China will only get stronger and more brazen if they don't face any consequences.

If we do nothing now and the government changes, there is little to prevent us slowly becoming a subservience to the CCP.

This a God sent opportunity for India to assert itself as a world power if we only have the appetite.

Unfortunately, I don't think we do.

sorcerer

Country flag
The Centre has accorded a security cover of armed Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) commandos for the Hyderabad premises of Bharat Biotech, one of the major COVID-19 vaccine manufacturers in the country, official sources said on Tuesday.
well...security perception and threat.
some chatter may be! since china virus is a bio weapon unleashed by china

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles