Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

Is coronavirus a biological warfare agent released by China?

• yes

Votes: 175 89.3%
  • no

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters

ladder

Country flag
Like financial inclusion happened only after jandhan accounts and adhar based kyc digital accounts of payment banks. Even-though dozen PSB, half dozen Private banks and numerous grameen and cooperative banks were present.
Medical inclusion is still elusive in India. Apart from buliding more govt. hospitals and improving beds per million, this medical/ health inclusion should be looked at.

The PHC and CHC and UPHC are such a success story that people of all economic background only started for searching for them in google maps after private hospitals were barred from vaccinating from center's stocks.

SKC

Country flag
Ayy I too had booked for Covishield but than cancelled and got Covaxin.
Vaccines are rolling in like never before we will find vaccine on road by the end of August.
Finally managed to book slot for second Covaxin dose for tomorrow at a center much nearer to my home.

Also guys there is a issue with Cowin Cache which makes the slot not appears on our browsers. That guy from vaccineslot.in has made a video to overcome that. Follow that steps to see the slots immediately when the notification comes from telegram or vaccineslot.in:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Like financial inclusion happened only after jandhan accounts and adhar based kyc digital accounts of payment banks. Even-though dozen PSB, half dozen Private banks and numerous grameen and cooperative banks were present.
Medical inclusion is still elusive in India. Apart from buliding more govt. hospitals and improving beds per million, this medical/ health inclusion should be looked at.
what is the definition of health inclusion?

ladder

Country flag
what is the definition of health inclusion?
Colloquially health inclusion is a term when a BPL or marginalAPL visits a local drug store/ pharmacy for health related issue.
Where the 'chotu' or a person with a shady diploma in pharmacy degree gives medicine after diagnosis.

If body ache then one zerodol/ other painkiller and one pan40 or equivalent. Sometimes given out of charity. Similarly for other diagnosis.

This when CHC or PHC is hardly one KM away.

As with bank, proximity wasn't an issue but inclusivity was. Inclusivity in the sense that one's believe that a certain institution has certain contribution in one's life. Otherwise it merely becomes a landmark for address for him.
Similarly in healthcare a lot of people have shunned themselves out of the hospital network believing that it has no positive impact on their life. Why? It's another question altogether.
They visit hospitals only when they have to and mostly for IPD service.

This situation is no better than self-medication.
To make them come back to proper channel of medical care including the free jan-aushadi is medical-inclusion.

Last edited:

Rxbanda

Country flag
1623116113027.png

I don't understand this. Didn't the PM respond to Kerala CM's tweet about efficient use of the vaccines? How come Kerala still appears in this list?

KTR of Telangana has been complaining on Twitter non-stop about vaccine mismanagement by center. And only 1.3 of 4.4 million doses used? That's not even 1/3rd!
Something wrong or am I missing something here?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Hi friends, in the last 4 weeks:
  • Every member of my family got hit
  • Dad's COVID episode from April complicated into a brain stroke. He's now safe, but has memory loss
  • Mom has varicose veins that need surgery later this week
  • Enormous economic loss to my family

Tuco

Country flag
  • Dad's COVID episode from April complicated into a brain stroke. He's now safe, but has memory loss
Oh must have been a very difficult time for you. Prayers for you and your family.

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
I Hope you and your family recover from this pandemic and become stronger. May joy and happiness return to you in the future.

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
This goes in hand with how the Delta Virus is turning out to be the most severe coronavirus Variant ever.

Tuco

Country flag
Dad is a doctor, and got both his shots (of Covishield) by early March. Mom got her first shot of Covishield in late March, and was going to get her second shot before COVID struck her in April. I got my first shot of Covaxin in May.
The accompanying effects of this virus on the population is so varied and devastating.

We are definitely not out of the woods yet. With stupid population in huge numbers, already I see people without masks, I am expecting a third wave in Oct November.

afako

Hindufying India
Country flag
The accompanying effects of this virus on the population is so varied and devastating.

We are definitely not out of the woods yet. With stupid population in huge numbers, already I see people without masks, I am expecting a third wave in Oct November.
The third wave can start anytime soon. The delta Variant if it has gets one good Mutation then it will create more havoc.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag

There is a correlation between windspeeds and COVID waves. In times of the year where windspeeds are low, the spread of the virus is high. Right now with Monsoon advance, windspeeds have picked up across the subcontinent. So the second wave is in retreat.

ladder

Country flag
There is a correlation between windspeeds and COVID waves. In times of the year where windspeeds are low, the spread of the virus is high. Right now with Monsoon advance, windspeeds have picked up across the subcontinent. So the second wave is in retreat.
Windspeed or moisture? The mechanism of droplet nuclei formation and the effect of moisture on it has been posted here by @Rxbanda.

Intuitively moderate increase in windspeed would increase the spread. But then volume dilation will be higher. At very high winds, other factors like residence time and stability of the aerosol/ nuclei is a issue.
Inhalation mechanism also changes with high to very high wind velocity.(due to pressure changes). Try to breathe normally in front ( close proximity) of a high speed fan.

sajobajo

Country flag
Very sorry to hear about it tarunraju! I pray for a very speedy recovery for your parents.
The clotting issues from the disease seem to be very serious. If I may ask, did your parents need intensive hospital care of any kind (since you refer to economic loss) ?
How is your own health ? Hope you are doing well.

sorcerer

Country flag

Also…US intelligence believes China is trying to produce variants that suggest it came from bats to cover up that it originally came from a lab. The belief is still that it escaped accidentally, but was allowed to spread.
— Adam Housley (@adamhousley) June 4, 2021

oh well!!!
So variants are not mutations but chinese experiment in motion

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles