Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

Is coronavirus a biological warfare agent released by China?

• yes

Votes: 175 89.3%
  • no

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters

captscooby81

Country flag
i went with impression that they will give me half of syringe at least but got disappointed seeing that nano level dose they gave me . ha ha you are right don't want super mutation of chinese virus which makes people hungry for idly and chicken curry .

Yes a friend of mine took covaxin yesterday so far he also not shown any fever .

Kya old monk smja hey kya, full bottle dedo. What if one gets covid and gives rise to new thanos variant because of that. lol Wait till tomorrow you may get fever or something. Heard that Covaxin doesn't have much hangover.

Indrajit

Country flag
Most people are usually fine especially late 30s, and up
Actually, only those 65+ report very little side effects and that is specific to AZ vaccine. Covaxin generally reports very few side effects when compared to AZ.

No pain in vaccinated spot wondering did they give me vaccine or ....
Covaxin generally reports less side effects but it will take about 12 hours to kick in if any.

omaebakabaka

Actually, only those 65+ report very little side effects and that is specific to AZ vaccine. Covaxin generally reports very few side effects when compared to AZ.

Covaxin generally reports less side effects but it will take about 12 hours to kick in if any.
How do these compare to Pfizer/moderna? I heard from friends in US that moderna one does give you some chills and fever while Pfizer is a bit less severe on 2nd doses

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag

sorcerer

Country flag
Indian Immunologicals Limited to start production of drug substance for Covaxin under Mission COVID Suraksha

Posted On: 28 MAY 2021 4:37PM by PIB Hyderabad

In a bid to augment the vaccine production, the Government has decided to support some public sector companies with grants under the Mission COVID Suraksha. One such company is the Hyderabad based Indian Immunological limited (IIL), which a facility under the PSU, National Dairy Development Board.

A technical collaboration agreement has been reached between IIL and Bharat Biotech, for IIL to supply of the drug substance required the for manufacturing Covaxin Vaccine to Bharat Biotech. The Managing Director of Indian Immunological Limited, Dr K Anand Kumar said that the IIL is planning to start the production of drug substance for Covaxin from next month, June 15, and send out the first batch to Bharat Biotech limited by July.

Stating that Indian Immunologicals is expected to produce the drug substance for about 10-15 million doses per month, Dr Anand Kumar said it will be initially 2-3 million doses and will be scaled up to 6-7 million per month later in the year.

Dr.Kumar shared that they are converting the Karkapatla manufacturing unit of IIL near Hyderabad into a Bio Safety Level -3 (BSL3) facility for the production of the drug substance and is also taking up construction of another block. The IIL is also working on another COVID -19 vaccine and the animal trials are underway currently and is expected to come out by next year for human vaccination.

Under Atmanirbhar Bharat 3.0 Mission COVID Suraksha was announced by the Government of India, to accelerate the development and production of Indigenous COVID Vaccines. This is being implemented by Department of Biotechnology. The Indian Immunologicals Limited (IIL), Hyderabad has been sanctioned grant of Rs. 60 crore towards enhancing production capabilities.

Indrajit

Country flag
How do these compare to Pfizer/moderna? I heard from friends in US that moderna one does give you some chills and fever while Pfizer is a bit less severe on 2nd doses
Generally Similar to Az vaccine , 2nd doses are generally better for most people with any vaccine since the body has already been primed.

sorcerer

Country flag
Innovative Patient-Friendly Saline Gargle RT-PCR Testing Method, thanks to NEERI Nagpur

Saline Gargle, No Swab, Simple, Fast, Economical

“Get Result within 3 Hours, Suitable for Rural and Tribal Areas”

Ever since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic, India has been making multiple strides in augmenting its testing infrastructure and capacity. Scientists of Nagpur-based National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI) under Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) have achieved another milestone in this journey, with the development of a 'Saline Gargle RT-PCR Method' for testing COVID-19 samples.

A Method with Numerous Benefits: Simple, Fast, Comfortable, Economical

The Saline Gargle method offers a bunch of attractive benefits, all rolled into one. It is simple, fast, cost-effective, patient-friendly and comfortable; it also offers instant results and is well-suited for rural and tribal areas, given minimal infrastructure requirements. Speaking to PIB, Dr. Krishna Khairnar, Senior Scientist, Environmental Virology Cell, NEERI says: “Swab collection method requires time. Moreover, since it is an invasive technique, it is a bit uncomfortable for patients. Some time is lost also in the transport of the sample to the collection centre. On the other hand, the Saline Gargle RT-PCR method is instant, comfortable and patient-friendly. Sampling is done instantly and results will be generated within 3 hours.”

Patient herself can collect the Sample

#United2fightCorona@CSIR_NEERI has developed 'Saline Gargle #RTPCR Method' for testing #COVID19 samples; you can get the result within 3 hours

Watch Dr. Krishna Khairnar, Senior Scientist, Environmental Virology Cell, NEERI explaining how to use👇@IndiaDST@CSIR_IND pic.twitter.com/mxpYTlt7lC
— PIB in Maharashtra 🇮🇳 (@PIBMumbai) May 28, 2021

The method is non-invasive and so simple that the patient herself can collect the sample, explains Dr. Khairnar. “Collection methods like nasopharyngeal and oropharyngeal swab collection require technical expertise; they are also time-consuming. In contrast, the Saline Gargle RT-PCR method uses a simple collection tube filled with saline solution. The patient gargles the solution and rinses it inside the tube. This sample in the collection tube is taken to the laboratory where it is kept at room temperature, in a special buffer solution prepared by NEERI. An RNA template is produced when this solution is heated, which is further processed for Reverse Transcription Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR). This particular method of collecting and processing the sample enables us to save on the otherwise costly infrastructural requirement of RNA extraction. People can also test themselves, since this method allows self-sampling.” The method is environment-friendly as well, since waste generation is minimized.

A Boon for Testing in Rural and Tribal Areas

The scientist expects that this innovative testing technique will be especially beneficial for rural and tribal areas where infrastructure requirements can be a constraint. The non-technique has received the approval of the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR). NEERI has further been asked to train other testing labs, to help scale up its adoption across the country.

Nagpur Municipal Corporation has given permission to go ahead with the method, following which testing has begun at NEERI, as per approved testing protocol.

“Need to Implement Pan India”

Scientists, researchers and lab-technicians of the Environmental Virology Cell at NEERI have taken painstaking efforts to develop this patient-friendly technique amid surging COVID-19 infections in the Vidarbha region. Dr. Khairnar and his team hopes that the method is implemented at the national level, resulting in faster and more citizen-friendly testing, thereby strengthening our battle against the pandemic.

Tuco

Country flag
i went with impression that they will give me half of syringe at least but got disappointed seeing that nano level dose they gave me . ha ha you are right don't want super mutation of chinese virus which makes people hungry for idly and chicken curry .

Yes a friend of mine took covaxin yesterday so far he also not shown any fever .
Even I was unsure too, whether they really gave me vaccine or not lol. Next day hangover solved that mystery for me.

I had the worst experience though. I booked 11 AM slot on May 11th, I was the 17th guy to book. I reached Ganabharathi(center) at 11:10. I was at the 135th position on their roaster. Sat in the auditorium for 1 hour, registered in the first counter and moved out to pay the bill. This is where everything started going downhill. As soon as I went I was shocked to see the huge line in front of the billing counter. None of the people who went before me were billed all were standing in the queue. Queue didn't move forward at all. Then they opened the second counter which somewhat improved the situation. It was so agonizing, all of us stood outside for almost 2.5 hours in the hot sun. I didn't expect this form Apollo.

SKC

Country flag
Even I was unsure too, whether they really gave me vaccine or not lol. Next day hangover solved that mystery for me.

I had the worst experience though. I booked 11 AM slot on May 11th, I was the 17th guy to book. I reached Ganabharathi(center) at 11:10. I was at the 135th position on their roaster. Sat in the auditorium for 1 hour, registered in the first counter and moved out to pay the bill. This is where everything started going downhill. As soon as I went I was shocked to see the huge line in front of the billing counter. None of the people who went before me were billed all were standing in the queue. Queue didn't move forward at all. Then they opened the second counter which somewhat improved the situation. It was so agonizing, all of us stood outside for almost 2.5 hours in the hot sun. I didn't expect this form Apollo.
So far experience has been much better in Govt controlled/managed centers.
Private one has the stocks but they can be crowded at many time slots.

sajobajo

Country flag
I did not write this. An Indian wrote this because China has the capacity to produce enough vaccine doses for India. He posed a realistic solution no?
Andy Mukherjee is a brown Sahib residing in Hong Kong and you guys probably are on the same payroll.

I love their SOP : First perpetrate heinous ware crimes and some Sun Tzu type indirect warfare. Then pay random mother-sellers on their payroll to write articles to how buy the antidote from those who poison you for the benefit of your own nation that we tried to f* over, and make it seem like it was the idea of the century that we are ignoring at our own great peril. We have so much to learn to be this level of devious from them.

SexyChineseLady

Andy Mukherjee is a brown Sahib residing in Hong Kong and you guys probably are on the same payroll.

I love their SOP : First perpetrate heinous ware crimes and some Sun Tzu type indirect warfare. Then pay random mother-sellers on their payroll to write articles to how buy the antidote from those who poison you for the benefit of your own nation that we tried to f* over, and make it seem like it was the idea of the century that we are ignoring at our own great peril. We have so much to learn to be this level of devious from them.
This Virus attacked Wuhan first! So if it was warfare then it was done by one of China's enemies.

omaebakabaka

This Virus attacked Wuhan first! So if it was warfare then it was done by one of China's enemies.
My chinese friend from University days lives in US and his parents still live in China and he told me they are not taking that vaccine in China as they don't trust it.

Reactions: SKC

sajobajo

Country flag
So far between friends, family and (ex)-colleagues I have observed the following :

- USA : 100% of my circle except kids vaccinated. Initial days were tough for them to get slots and vaccines, but they got over it.

- Europe : Belgium - Colleagues are not yet vaccinated. Do not know when they will be.
UK - Since its some senior management of my co, they are all vaccinated along with their families with both doses of AZ.
Germany : Wife's ex-colleagues and friends, 25% vaccinated. Some families are partially vaccinated.

- UAE : 100% of ex colleagues vaccinated with the Chinese vaccines. 100% of them are cursing and are ready to pay for better ones. Third booster coming up.

- India : 100% of those in my immediate family > 45 vaccinated with atleast 1 dose. 80-90% of those I know < 45 got a jab in the run upto this week. This includes my employees and colleagues spread across Rural MH, UP, Delhi.

Anecdotally then, are we doing bad? No.. Perhaps we can certainly do better. But right now, we are doing what we can within the limits of how much a democratic country with half the enemies within the country can. Fingers crossed, and I believe Bharat Mata has her heart in the right place.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles