Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

Is coronavirus a biological warfare agent released by China?

• yes

Votes: 175 89.3%
  • no

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag
Most Americans who are against vaccines are Republicans. They're voracious consumers of conspuracy theories.
Conservatives to be more precise who tend to believe anti-science bullshit.
It would include devout Christian republican voters as well as extremist religious minorities which vote democrats.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
so folks in ministry of Ayush are wasting time and tax payers money...Like of hamdard are just growing for nothing...and hows about out ancient scriptures ..

In western world, they might not work given any XYZ reason but it does work in indian context...Lancet / NHS are not holy cows that what they think is correct for whole world...
Homeopathy is Pseudo Science and nothing more than placebo. Heck Homeopathy is not even an Indian Science. It was conceptualized or made up by a German doctor who claimed that water has memory based on an age old belief that people were made up of elements.

Rather than spouting such pseudo science better ask the resident doctors of DFI how effective Homeopathy is and what is placebo. Then again in this forum dissent and fact checking is not allowed otherwise you are labelled as a snitch.

P.S. wanted to edit as it was a German doctor and not a British doctor.

sorcerer

Country flag
I got a call today from an acquaintance. He has few concentrators in stock and is selling for 80K per piece. Now I am thinking sending his number to police.
I said..it starts from 35 K ..and there could be different variants of it..depending on the brand and all.
soo..
be double sure on what you do with complete information.

sorcerer

Country flag
Covid: Share of those on Oxygen support comes down | India News - Times of India

NEW DELHI: The share of active cases on oxygen support and ICU has dropped in last one month, though the active caseload has increased exponentially during this period, indicating that the proportion of severe cases might have come down while cases remain high.
Currently, 3.7% of total active cases are on oxygen support, as compared to 4.5% on April 9. The number of patients in ICU declined to 1.34%, compared with 2.31% a month ago. The share of patients on ventilator have also come down marginally to 0.39% from 0.46% on April 9.

Kumata

Country flag
Homeopathy is Pseudo Science and nothing more than placebo. Heck Homeopathy is not even an Indian Science. It was conceptualized or made up by a German doctor who claimed that water has memory based on an age old belief that people were made up of elements.

Rather than spouting such pseudo science better ask the resident doctors of DFI how effective Homeopathy is and what is placebo. Then again in this forum dissent and fact checking is not allowed otherwise you are labelled as a snitch.

P.S. wanted to edit as it was a German doctor and not a British doctor.
'
You did not read my original post and simply went ahead and started the rant moment u saw the google result of "who invented homeopathy" .

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Covid: Share of those on Oxygen support comes down | India News - Times of India

NEW DELHI: The share of active cases on oxygen support and ICU has dropped in last one month, though the active caseload has increased exponentially during this period, indicating that the proportion of severe cases might have come down while cases remain high.
Currently, 3.7% of total active cases are on oxygen support, as compared to 4.5% on April 9. The number of patients in ICU declined to 1.34%, compared with 2.31% a month ago. The share of patients on ventilator have also come down marginally to 0.39% from 0.46% on April 9.

last year too same thing, full hype about oxygen concentrators , people buy them for exorbitant amounts and suddenly like a flip of a switch no emergency situation In a span of days.

sorcerer

Country flag
last year too same thing, full hype about oxygen concentrators , people buy them for exorbitant amounts and suddenly like a flip of a switch no emergency situation In a span of days.
Told you..
media create the panic for these manufacturers and then there is loot at exorbitant rate...Media is the one who created the panic for oxygen cylinders, vaccines, flu shots, paracetamol, detol, and what not.

Mental health experts call for moderation in media’s COVID coverage
NEW DELHI: Mental health professionals wrote an open letter to the media urging them to show restraint in their coverage without compromising on facts or public interest. It said the media has the power to ‘inform, educate and infuse hope in people.

“This includes the sharing of authentic information and allaying of fears. These are extremely important weapons in the fight against the pandemic.”

The signatories included B N Gangadhar, president, Ethics and Medical Registration Board, Pratima Murthy from NIMHANS Bangalore, Gautam Saha, President, Indian Psychiatric Society, and AIIMS’s Rajesh Sagar.

The letter said images of bodies at cremation grounds, and relatives of the deceased, and emotional outbursts would help garner eyeballs but may come at a cost.

“Yet again, we are not saying the facts should not be reported. We are saying that hysteria and panic-inducing coverage should be avoided,” the letter added. The letter said specific information empowers people and prepares them to face challenges.

Peter

Pratik Maitra
Country flag
'
You did not read my original post and simply went ahead and started the rant moment u saw the google result of "who invented homeopathy" .
Maybe I am poor in understanding the semantics of your post but you are claiming Homeopathy does not work in the Western world(even though it is Pseudo Science from the West) but it magically cures corona here in India.

Btw that quack BRC, a blot in the name of Bengalis, has blood on his hands and is probably responsible for 1000s of death due to his advocacy of home made remedies and not wearing a mask.

As for Ayush department the less I say about it the better. Unani ,Ayush , Homeopathy is actually a big waste of resources which could have been utilised elsewhere.

Kumata

Country flag
Maybe I am poor in understanding the semantics of your post but you are claiming Homeopathy does not work in the Western world(even though it is Pseudo Science from the West) but it magically cures corona here in India.

Btw that quack BRC, a blot in the name of Bengalis, has blood on his hands and is probably responsible for 1000s of death due to his advocacy of home made remedies and not wearing a mask.

As for Ayush department the less I say about it the better. Unani ,Ayush , Homeopathy is actually a big waste of resources which could have been utilised elsewhere.
Not dragging it further....

Let us agree to disagree respectfully.

ladder

Country flag
@VIP @hit&run @temujin @ladder

How????

I was under the impression/read that Homeo is pseudo science & placebo.

Or is it some news compound whose effectiveness is still being tested?
Last year my neighbour bought this Arsenicum Album 30 when he heard, that it works against CoVid 19. As he had bought a big vial and the individual dosing was a few drops for few days ( I don't remember), he was generous enough to share it with all the neighbours. So indeed I had taken a course of it.
But, beyond that I have no Idea whether it works. Probably I wouldn't have purchased it on my own.

sorcerer

Country flag
Immediate global ivermectin use can end pandemic: Scientists - ET HealthWorld

Washington: A peer-reviewed research has claimed that global ivermectin use can end Covid-19 pandemic, as the medicine significantly reduces the risk of contracting the deadly respiratory disease when used regularly.

The common antiparasitic ivermectin is being touted as a miracle cure for Covid-19 by doctors and campaigners the world over.

Peer reviewed by medical experts that included three US government senior scientists and published in the American Journal of Therapeutics, the research is the most comprehensive review of the available data taken from clinical, in vitro, animal, and real-world studies.

Ivermectin: why a potential COVID treatment isn’t recommended for use
Why isn’t it recommended?

While some other studies did appear to show benefits of ivermectin, many did not. These were summarised by the National Institutes of Health, showing severe limitations arising from small sample sizes and problems with study design.

Both the National Institutes of Health and the European Medicines Agency judged, on the basis of these studies, that there is currently insufficient evidence to support the use of ivermectin in treatment of COVID-19.

More studies are underway. A large, multicentre trial began in February to determine the effectiveness of ivermectin as well as metformin (an anti-diabetes medication) and fluvoxamine (an antidepressant) in preventing COVID-19 disease progression.

It would therefore be premature to conclude absolutely that ivermectin has no place in COVID-19 treatment. On the basis of current evidence, however, its use cannot be recommended.

airtel

Country flag
There is no evidence that homeopathy works beyond placebo effects- the Lancet had published a couple of meta-analysis which conclusively rebutted homeo's claims a few years ago, as has several other regulatory bodies. Homeo prescriptions have been banned under the UK NHS for a number of years due to lack of clinical evidence. I'd take any claims of some homeo CoviD treatment with a big ladle of salt.

my sister lost 20 Kg weight within a month after taking homeopathic medicines , personal experiences of millions of people is just placebo effect ?

does UK NHS recognize anything except allopathic medicine?

sorcerer

Country flag
The Univer-cell Alchemist: Dr Subhadra Dravida’s breakthrough research on novel stem cell treatment for Covid patients

“If HEMATO UC-MSCs are administered as the first line of treatment followed by steps to alleviate the symptoms in a traditional manner, coronavirus deaths can be avoided,” she believes. HEMATO UC-MSCs can be delivered across India within 48 hours. They have been specially treated for storage under 2-8 degrees centigrade refrigerated conditions, but have to be used within 72 hours.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Notice at 1:08, Kamala says "President Joe Biden spoke with the Prime Minister to offer....." She didn't even want to name Modi. There is a clear undertone of hostility.

Her teleprompter probably read "President Joe Biden spoke with Prime Minister Narendra Modi, to offer..." but she went off-script to say "....the Prime Minister, to offer..." There is a very brief pause before "...the Prime Minister" that's usually associated with someone going off-script.

Any speech-writer will tell you that when you write a sentence referring to two persons, you either name both of them, or neither of them (and only name their titles).

Here's Ursula's statement. No problems in naming Modi. Unlike that Kamala bitch.

temujin

Country flag
so folks in ministry of Ayush are wasting time and tax payers money...Like of hamdard are just growing for nothing...and hows about out ancient scriptures ..

In western world, they might not work given any XYZ reason but it does work in indian context...Lancet / NHS are not holy cows that what they think is correct for whole world...
I don't care much for the Lancet (especially after its extremely political editorial piece this week) but it's a world leading medical journal with an impact factor over 60 so it's research content has to be fairly credible (with the exception of the HCQ cockup last year).Besides, it's not just the Lancet saying it- there is consensus among the scientific community that there is little conceptual or evidential basis to homeopathic treatments overall.

That's not to say that homeopathy, just like hypnotherapy or a variety of complimentary treatments, is never effective- in fact Goldacre, author of one of the Lancet meta-analyses, accepts this- but the apparent effectiveness may have more to do with the patient than the actual treatment itself. Supporting the commissioning of such treatments on this basis using public funds by Ayush or NHS is very problematic however..

Global Defence

New threads

Articles