Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

Is coronavirus a biological warfare agent released by China?

• yes

Votes: 175 89.3%
  • no

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters

BabaKhalbali

Merkel Pushes Back on Vaccine Patent Waiver in Row With U.S.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
This 786th Reich sponsors maoism in India, but doesn't want to withdraw IP controls over vaccines.

ladder

Country flag
I am not very optimistic about US patent waiver.
License production will do. Like J&J has tied up with quad initiative and BioE will manufacture a billion doses. They need to find out manufacturers in other countries too.
Let the global south be vaccinated using initiative like GAVI and Foreign assistance.
Why am I saying this? Companies need funds to research on the future mutation and make booster doses.
Although US govt had funded ( partially) the research work into development of vaccine, but those companies need funding at this stage.
Patent may be waived off at a later date if this vaccination becomes an annual affair.
Currently we need funding for scaling up of production and hand-holding of smaller firms so that they can manufacture these vaccines under licence.

Kumata

Country flag
I am not very optimistic about US patent waiver.
License production will do. Like J&J has tied up with quad initiative and BioE will manufacture a billion doses. They need to find out manufacturers in other countries too.
Let the global south be vaccinated using initiative like GAVI and Foreign assistance.
Why am I saying this? Companies need funds to research on the future mutation and make booster doses.
Although US govt had funded ( partially) the research work into development of vaccine, but those companies need funding at this stage.
Patent may be waived off at a later date if this vaccination becomes an annual affair.
Currently we need funding for scaling up of production and hand-holding of smaller firms so that they can manufacture these vaccines under licence.
Volumes coming their way will compenate them more if they let go the patent IMO ...

ladder

Country flag
%
Sputnik was launched late because we were waiting for the results of bridge trials which was completed in March end.
In the meantime the Russians brought all the spare capacity of Indian vaccine manufacturers. Now they will use all that capacity to sell Sputnik to us.
Like SII and Bharat biotechstarted manufacturing vaccines even before trials were completed , we could have done the same for other vaccines.

Guys I am an average guy but we can definitely expect something more from the experts in the government
All these vaccine manufacturers in India who have tied up with Sputnik V could potentially have been producing Covaxin.
Although I understand not all firms can manufacture all kinds of vaccine, there must have been some technical limitations.

The issue with Sputnik V is that the first and second doses are not interchangeable. They probably use different viral vectors for both the doses.

It's not that the government was not slack. And with decline in the first wave G.o.I must have thought that they only require to vaccinate the HCW, FLW and the most vulnerable section only.

If you see the earliest statements, I have a feeling that had only provisioned for 25% to 33% of the total population. Although I might not fault them for thinking so as in the first wave Children, young adults and youth were not severely affected.
Also study from UK did show vaccination of most vulnerable reduces the hospitalization and death by considerable amount.

But, the second wave is a different beast altogether. All government calculation probably proved to be wrong. Whether they admit it or not is a separate issue.

shade

Country flag

another_armchair

Country flag
%

All these vaccine manufacturers in India who have tied up with Sputnik V could potentially have been producing Covaxin.
Although I understand not all firms can manufacture all kinds of vaccine, there must have been some technical limitations.

The issue with Sputnik V is that the first and second doses are not interchangeable. They probably use different viral vectors for both the doses.

It's not that the government was not slack. And with decline in the first wave G.o.I must have thought that they only require to vaccinate the HCW, FLW and the most vulnerable section only.

If you see the earliest statements, I have a feeling that had only provisioned for 25% to 33%. Although I might not fault them for thinking so as in the first wave Children, young adults and youth were not severely affected.
Also study from UK did show vaccination of most vulnerable reduces the hospitalization and death by considerable amount.

But, the second wave was a different beast. All government calculation probably proved to be wrong. Whether they admit it or not is a separate issue.
The killjoy here is the UK variant spread by Annadatas during the kisan andolan. Cases were being reported in the hills of fever followed by pneumonia deaths. Rural India has been hit hard where there is hardly any reporting. Getting your hands on a BP machine is a big deal.

Just for the record, 92 unreported covid deaths are from a settlement in a hill state up north. All have died of the same symptoms. All of them have a Delhi connection. Shall say no more. More than 60% of the deceased are below 45. There is trafficking of children going on as I type. Kids who have been orphaned overnight.

Lost user

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Think this is first direct shot on Winie the pooh by any head of state

China have reduced the time needed to catch up to US GDP size ( nominal GDP ) by a few years with the pandemic..

Kumata

Country flag
China have reduced the time needed to catch up to US GDP size ( nominal GDP ) by a few years with the pandemic..
May be .. but the US domestic pressure will keep Joe and democrats in check..slowly RW is taking main stream in US .. more so with BLM thing continuing as it... they tried to ride a tiger and now tiger is after the rider

SexyChineseLady

Remember this is a successful launch where the booster rocket is falling back to earth :) All Indian launches also have rockets fall back to earth.

Thousands of western rockets had fallen back to earth over the years. This Chinese booster rocket had gone into near orbit space before falling down.

So no big deal. SpaceX rocket hit land in the American northwest too.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
Remember this is a successful launch where the booster rocket is falling back to earth :) All Indian launches also have rockets fall back to earth.

Thousands of western rockets had fallen back to earth over the years. This Chinese booster rocket had gone into near orbit space before falling down.

So no big deal. SpaceX rocket hit land in the American northwest too.
Yeah but none of those countries have people who eat bats.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles