Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

Is coronavirus a biological warfare agent released by China?

• yes

Votes: 175 89.3%
  • no

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters

HitmanBlood

Country flag
People are ultimately responsible for their own health given the state of healthcare or lack thereof.

People throught this was over, they don't realize it will be with us for years and mutate every year into something different, not always more dangerous but still different enough that tests and vaccines will need to evolve as well.

We need to plan our lives around this.
You are correct in your assessment but grim reality is majority Indian population doesn't understand scientific logic. Many still refuses to believe that coronavirus is real they belive it some gov conspiracy. Most uneducated or less educated people don't even understand concept of microbiology. They don't have even a faint concept of what a virus is.

It is really hard to expect these people to behave like highly educated first world citizens like Sweden.

Below is what a sitting CM said with a straight face.

“I invite all devotees across the world to come to Haridwar and take a holy dip in the Ganga during Mahakumbh. Nobody will be stopped in the name of Covid-19 as we are sure the faith in God will overcome the fear of the virus,”
- CM Rawat

sajobajo

Country flag
I think there are many paranoid and angry people who are jealous of China's ability to contain Covid 19 and continue with a booming economy!
The only thing you have successfully contained is the flow of information.

A Chinese bio-weapon would not kill less than 2% and it would certainly not be used in China first.
I am sure CCP would think nothing of killing a lot of their own to carry out a real-world simulation and then quickly nip it in the bud to be able to prey on whats left of other nations.

captscooby81

Country flag
There is no vaccine shortage trust me , After speaking to my customer who is doctor she said even below 45 year guy can get his jab if he walks into any private hospital where they have vaccine available and not many takers . I asked her about this waste theory she said Covidshield come in a pack of 10 vials once you remove it from the storage you should administer it within and sadly they are not finding 10 people at a time to take vaccine .

where is the lack is in logistics and management of vaccination . this is where its failing now . All the stupid hype of no vaccine available is done by presstitutes after their best CM has started crying when people asked why no many high cases in his state he simply blamed it on no vaccine story .

how come bigger state like TN, AP,TG and KA are not crying for vaccine shortage like this penguin pappa .

IndianYonko

Country flag
There is no vaccine shortage trust me , After speaking to my customer who is doctor she said even below 45 year guy can get his jab if he walks into any private hospital where they have vaccine available and not many takers . I asked her about this waste theory she said Covidshield come in a pack of 10 vials once you remove it from the storage you should administer it within and sadly they are not finding 10 people at a time to take vaccine .

where is the lack is in logistics and management of vaccination . this is where its failing now . All the stupid hype of no vaccine available is done by presstitutes after their best CM has started crying when people asked why no many high cases in his state he simply blamed it on no vaccine story .

how come bigger state like TN, AP,TG and KA are not crying for vaccine shortage like this penguin pappa .
Same story happened when my mother went to take vaccine. Actually a nurse came to village to vaccinate people, but she had to wait for nearly 3 hours to gather 10 people.

sajobajo

Country flag
^^ I think some "wastage" can be attributed to "financial arrangements" in MH. But by and large in MH what I could see was a severe reluctance in releasing the vaccines to the private players, even if they had a much larger capacity to buy. In GJ too, a friend of mine got his entire family starting from 25 years upwards vaccinated with HCW tag.

Not that we should put all our eggs in the vaccine basket. It still remains a gamble, especially since many seem to be getting severe covid even after 1 dose of the vaccine, about 2-3 weeks after the dose. So if there is a 50% chance of survival with the vaccine's first dose, its still better than unknown percentages.

About the MH lockdown, the situation is extremely dire here. Dont go by the reported numbers as the real deaths are atleast 2x, just marked as something else.
However, if we just lock things down without changing anything else, it is only going to delay the inevitable and with a disastrous blow to the economy.
If they want to lock down for 15 days-1 month, sure , do that, but ensure you vaccinate every single person of working age, let their immunity build up, increase the medical infrastructure proportionately along with resources, come up with innovative ways to handle the initial deluge after reopening (like using hotel rooms for people who can afford to pay for it) and then finish this lockdown business once and for all.

Last edited:

Akula

Country flag
You are correct in your assessment but grim reality is majority Indian population doesn't understand scientific logic. Many still refuses to believe that coronavirus is real they belive it some gov conspiracy. Most uneducated or less educated people don't even understand concept of microbiology. They don't have even a faint concept of what a virus is.

It is really hard to expect these people to behave like highly educated first world citizens like Sweden.

“I invite all devotees across the world to come to Haridwar and take a holy dip in the Ganga during Mahakumbh. Nobody will be stopped in the name of Covid-19 as we are sure the faith in God will overcome the fear of the virus,”
- CM Rawat

Kuch nahi ho sakta inka, ham bhi pareshan hai inse.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
vaccines , hospital beds , ICU beds, oxygen supply are all categorised as resources, there is a limit to how many resources can be made available at any point in time, Especially during an unprecedented pandemic.

yes, people need to readjust to the global catastrophe for a few more years.

By the month of may this wave will also drop, hopefully. and will peak again next year.
My point was that governments, both center and state should have accumulated these resources in anticipation for this second wave.

As is evident now, they seem to have gone to sleep once the cases started declining last year and thought vaccines were a panacea. The health ministries at the very minimum should have known better.

Now thousands of lives will be lost that could have been saved. Will anyone be held accountable? Based on our track record, as likely as a snowballs chance in hell.

- CM Rawat

This conspiracy theory nonsense has really taken a life of its own.

My friend's help in Bangalore was the of teh opinion that the latest surge is orchestrated by Modi in conjunction and with vaccine manufacturers since the going was slow and many people were refusing to get vaccinated.

No amount of logic seems enough to change their mind. Worse still, my own aunt who is a college professor with a master's in biology seems to support this conspiracy.

You really can't help these people.

captscooby81

Country flag
Best Cm and his best chamchas here who keep crying why UP is suddenly spiking . Reason is the below two tweet . Out of 2016 positive cases reported in Gorakpur 2000 have come back from mumbai after Besht CeeM has screwed the covid hadling and sent another migrant crisis .

best cm.jpg

And below is the crowd which is heading to all parts of the country now

Hey but lets talk only about Kumbh Kumbh and election rally

captscooby81

Country flag
Okay agree govt could have created more beds ventilators and other but where are you going to get more doctors ? its not one year degree that you are going to have so many lined for your 2nd wave ?

When your 2nd wave is 3 times more than 1st wave daily cases no amount of preparation would have solved this issue .

Lets think with some calm mind ever since the pandemic started did MH ever went below 10k cases ? states like TN which reported 9k cases went down to 1k case and now bouncing back , But MH was always above that 10k range which shows they never even bothered to control the pandemic

letting international passengers out of quarantine by taking money and no test and tracing but PM has to now take responsibility for not helping states .

What are vaccines getting manufactured for then ? if govt thought covid is over why would they ask BB SII and Biological E all to prepare for vaccine rollout .

Everything is reactionary in this country , People started outraging seeing US and UK started vaccination why have we not started all bla bla and asked govt , then questioned govt on giving clearance to Covaxin giving all kind of bull shit 3rd phase data is not out . you played with lives of people by spreading fear and questioned the vaccines getting rolled out and today you suddenly realise cases are increasing because there is no vaccine given to all .

Why would PM personally fly to hyderabad to check BB and Biological E facilities for vaccine manufacturing if he was so satisfied with SII production capacity .

Its not that as if govt which runs vaccination program for years don't know what is the capacity of these vaccine manufacturers and just blindly given order

Manufacturing ---Logistics---Storage-Vaccination drive all needs lots of coordinated efforts and these can't be done without any planning

My point was that governments, both center and state should have accumulated these resources in anticipation for this second wave.

As is evident now, they seem to have gone to sleep once the cases started declining last year and thought vaccines were a panacea. The health ministries at the very minimum should have known better.

Now thousands of lives will be lost that could have been saved. Will anyone be held accountable? Based on our track record, as likely as a snowballs chance in hell.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Okay agree govt could have created more beds ventilators and other but where are you going to get more doctors ? its not one year degree that you are going to have so many lined for your 2nd wave ?
Doctors are not required in the same ratio like resources. If you have double the load, you need twice the amount of ventilators, beds, medicine etc. Not twice the doctors. They can and are stretching.

There are several cases where fourth year MBBS students are being pushed into service. Can't blame anyone there.

When your 2nd wave is 3 times more than 1st wave daily cases no amount of preparation would have solved this issue .
That's not correct. You do as much as you can to prepare for the worst. That's what governments are for.

If the government didn't see this coming, they don't have competent advisors. If they saw this coming and did nothing, they have blood on their hands.

Last year you can argue governments were blindsided and scrambling to keep up. This time they had over an year to prepare.

Lets think with some calm mind ever since the pandemic started did MH ever went below 10k cases ? states like TN which reported 9k cases went down to 1k case and now bouncing back , But MH was always above that 10k range which shows they never even bothered to control the pandemic

letting international passengers out of quarantine by taking money and no test and tracing but PM has to now take responsibility for not helping states .
MH is the worst - I know, I ran away from there.

That doesn't excuse lack of prep by teh center and BJP ruled states. Take Gujarat and see the situation there. It was bad last time, worse this time around.

UP has started spiking as well.

What are vaccines getting manufactured for then ? if govt thought covid is over why would they ask BB SII and Biological E all to prepare for vaccine rollout .

Everything is reactionary in this country , People started outraging seeing US and UK started vaccination why have we not started all bla bla and asked govt , then questioned govt on giving clearance to Covaxin giving all kind of bull shit 3rd phase data is not out . you played with lives of people by spreading fear and questioned the vaccines getting rolled out and today you suddenly realise cases are increasing because there is no vaccine given to all .

Why would PM personally fly to hyderabad to check BB and Biological E facilities for vaccine manufacturing if he was so satisfied with SII production capacity .

Its not that as if govt which runs vaccination program for years don't know what is the capacity of these vaccine manufacturers and just blindly given order

Manufacturing ---Logistics---Storage-Vaccination drive all needs lots of coordinated efforts and these can't be done without any planning
In terms of vaccines, I think the government overestimated the amount of time they had to vaccinate the vulnerable. They should have atleast quadrupled the production rate.

Second, the virus mutated and younger demographics are getting affected more, although thankfully the mortality rate is still low for younger people.

The problem is the virus will keep mutating and we will always be playing catch-up.

It's a war, take it on war footing. Covaxin which is clearly the better vaccine is barely available.

Do what needs to be done to scale it up and make it available to all. There had been no pressure applied here.

My main problem is the urgency which was apparently required was not shown. Now there is little the government can do but restrict and damage the economy.

Atleast they now understand that this virus will be around for a while and plan accordingly. I don't have high hopes though.

Service sector is closed but movie shooting is on. IPL is still on.

sajobajo

Country flag
I think the researchers should come up with a way to reliably administer Redmdesivir in home/outpatient setting instead of a hospital admission setting. That alone would bring down the stress on the hospital admissions considerably.
Waiting for more reliable "treatment" options like Zydus' Pegylated Interferon Alpha 2b. Or better still, "monoclonal antibodies".

johnq

I think there are many paranoid and angry people who are jealous of China's ability to contain Covid 19 and continue with a booming economy!

A Chinese bio-weapon would not kill less than 2% and it would certainly not be used in China first.

I remember when Wuhan was under lockdown last year and people were saying it is the end of China. So if it were a bio-weapon, it would more likely be an attack on China.
You are wrong on both counts. Chinese Communist Party (CCP) leadership are not some innocent babies; they regularly imprison and kill their own people for their organs, and would not hesitate to use them as guinea pigs to spread a bioweapon. If CCP wanted to use the bioweapon without being blamed for it by the world, it would give it to its own people first and use them to spread it to other countries while hiding it from the world. This is precisely what happened. This way CCP can proclaim its innocence that look we were the victims first, just like CCP propagandists are doing now. Besides, a bioweapon that has less than 1 percent lethality for the young is ideal if you just want to cripple the economies of your enemies. Also, that would mean that most of the young Chinese people who were infected would survive, probably losses acceptable to the CCP, as they don't care about common Chinese people. Plus the CCP already had certain medications ready (antivirals, HCQ and others that worked against this virus) as well as PPE (which it had stocked up on already, while the rest of the world had shortages) to stop the spread of the virus further within China. Also, knowledge is the biggest weapon in fighting a pandemic, and the CCP immediately implemented lockdowns in affected regions within China, while still allowing Chinese people to travel to other countries to spread the bioweapon, as well as denying the knowledge of the virus to the world (such as denying person to person transmission for months as well as not giving data about the virus to the world). Meanwhile, the CCP leadership including Xi had dissappeared from public view and gone into hiding for several months.

notaname

Country flag
who is this... they were talking of prod ramp up in march when it was known a year back that remedevisir is helping in cure !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The production was reduced due to less cases and demand now thay have ramped up the production in a week the shortage of remedevisir will be sorted out they say, he is a minister from ministry of chemicals & fertilizers.

notaname

Country flag
The administration has always been lethargic and at a times like this the administration seems to collapse under pressure.
There seems no specific responsibility for one thing everyone starts looking at each other he will do that that ministry will do that so the decision takes time to get executed even if they take one or if even one babu decides something some politician will come and change it or vice versa so it's really a cluster f**k in handling everything from top to bottom even at Central or State level.

Kumata

Country flag
The production was reduced due to less cases and demand now thay have ramped up the production in a week the shortage of remedevisir will be sorted out they say, he is a minister from ministry of chemicals & fertilizers.
that 1 week delay will kill few thousand ... what a bunch of asshole we voted....

Kumata

Country flag
TBH, I never questioned modi Baba in first wave.. and understandably so since it was surprise for all... he had that benefit of doubt ...

In second wave, this is proving to be a monumental cluster fuck and IMO, he is sitting right on top....He deserves every shit coming his way...

Global Defence

New threads

Articles