Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

Is coronavirus a biological warfare agent released by China?

• yes

Votes: 175 89.3%
  • no

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
whatever happens.... even if deaths mount, we MUST keep economy chugging along... choice is between dying of covid or dying of hunger.
That's the harsh truth; however, politicians are cowards of the worst kind due their very nature.

No leader can survive a mountain of bodies.

The last lockdown was a blunder of continental proportions. Now wait as our governments repeat the same blunder.

They had months to build a first class health infrastructure, but who cares? Now they will cry the same excuse of piling bodies and an overburdened health care system and justify one lockdown after another.

Our economy will likely not survive another lockdown, so they may not call it that but if you kill the service sector and half the manufacturing workforce, you are crippling the economy in all but name.

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
As if politicians weren't enough, you have courts jumping into controlling Covid. This will be clusterfu*k unlike anything before.

Some AG somewhere needs to stand up to these unelected overlords and ask them to first bring their caseload down.

Or give them a district to govern for a five year term and hold them accountable for their performance.

Kumata

Country flag
Whats it with all chutiyas questioning vaccine export under maitri program....

Kumata

Country flag
Our economy will likely not survive another lockdown, so they may not call it that but if you kill the service sector and half the manufacturing workforce, you are crippling the economy in all but name.
Service sector can still survive but manufacturing.. no chance... Lockdown shud be last resort... either way people will die unfotunately ... People dying of covid will still be low compared to hunger... Its a catch 22 situation for govt too... Either way people will be sacrificed :(

Kumata

Country flag
cuz it can be made into a political issue.
thats all.
Good for TRP rating for the media.
Yeah.. Just the mouth of one such who was claiming that US / UK cavvinated 50% and just quoted real nos to him in real population no's which forced him to concede.... and than be started blabbering about exports.. told him we had logistics challenges / surplus which we exported..

1618244123524.png

here2where

2020 will seem smaller since it was only nature at play and we reacted well and as best as we could.
2021 will be huge since it is man made - elections, religious festivals, etc.

another_armchair

Country flag
Service sector can still survive but manufacturing.. no chance... Lockdown shud be last resort... either way people will die unfotunately ... People dying of covid will still be low compared to hunger... Its a catch 22 situation for govt too... Either way people will be sacrificed :(
People won't just be dying of hunger, crime, indebtedness and many other reasons. The last lockdown pushed the clock back by 4-5 years or more for many.

Couple of my friends with big IT MNC heavyweights have lost their jobs. Many folks in non-IT sales had to take a 50-70% pay cut, some were simply told to quit. Variable toh 2020 ke starting mein he hata diya tha.

My cousins hubby is director sales in an IT biggie, he was top performer before the lockdown. He was told to find another job in November. Took him 3 months and found a job in Feb.

Another friend is struggling with his EMI's as his pay has been cut by 70%. Wife still has a job and a WFH option so they are exploring options of foreclosing their property and moving to a rented home.

Another friend hasn't paid his office rent since October and is sitting at home fearing what his land lord might have done to his computers and equipment. His parents are helping him out with his home loan EMI's and children's school fees.

Another lockdown will be the final nail in the coffin for scores and scores of people, small businesses and that will have a cascading effect on others. Companies with plant and machinery are up for sale at 30-40% discount, yet not finding any takers.

Only vaccine+herd immunity, discipline(masks and social distancing), avoiding crowded places can lower the case load and fatalities in the coming months provided we don't see deadlier mutations of this plandemic.

Kumata

Country flag
People won't just be dying of hunger, crime, indebtedness and many other reasons. The last lockdown pushed the clock back by 4-5 years or more for many.

Couple of my friends with big IT MNC heavyweights have lost their jobs. Many folks in non-IT sales had to take a 50-70% pay cut, some were simply told to quit. Variable toh 2020 ke starting mein he hata diya tha.

My cousins hubby is director sales in an IT biggie, he was top performer before the lockdown. He was told to find another job in November. Took him 3 months and found a job in Feb.

Another friend is struggling with his EMI's as his pay has been cut by 70%. Wife still has a job and a WFH option so they are exploring options of foreclosing their property and moving to a rented home.

Another friend hasn't paid his office rent since October and is sitting at home fearing what his land lord might have done to his computers and equipment. His parents are helping him out with his home loan EMI's and children's school fees.

Another lockdown will be the final nail in the coffin for scores and scores of people, small businesses and that will have a cascading effect on others. Companies with plant and machinery are up for sale at 30-40% discount, yet not finding any takers.

Only vaccine+herd immunity, discipline(masks and social distancing), avoiding crowded places can lower the case load and fatalities in the coming months provided we don't see deadlier mutations of this plandemic.
200 % truth there ...

I myself took a 30% cut on my variable pay while my company shamelessly announced 8000 crores profit...

Problem is people were living hand to mouth exitance despite making good money... easy Loans / EMI's all made it up ... not bad per se but a contingency fund was missing on everybody's portfolio... I typically keep 10L in my MF portfolio for such un-foreseen situations.. learned this hard way when my son had a major health scare and i was at sea thinking where do i get 10 Lakh for his hospital procedures... In a way this situation will force people to re-prioritize the imp of such funds.. Borrowed money is easy money but kills u in ling run.. In my 40's , i still prefer to stay on rent... had a small plot to build home on and collecting funds to ensure i don't have to take a loan to build it... may be i will be late by few years but atleast i won't have the sword of loan on my head..

another_armchair

Country flag
200 % truth there ...

I myself took a 30% cut on my variable pay while my company shamelessly announced 8000 crores profit...

Problem is people were living hand to mouth exitance despite making good money... easy Loans / EMI's all made it up ... not bad per se but a contingency fund was missing on everybody's portfolio... I typically keep 10L in my MF portfolio for such un-foreseen situations.. learned this hard way when my son had a major health scare and i was at sea thinking where do i get 10 Lakh for his hospital procedures... In a way this situation will force people to re-prioritize the imp of such funds.. Borrowed money is easy money but kills u in ling run.. In my 40's , i still prefer to stay on rent... had a small plot to build home on and collecting funds to ensure i don't have to take a loan to build it... may be i will be late by few years but atleast i won't have the sword of loan on my head..
You are right on all counts. Loans are good as long as there's cash flow to service those EMI's. A slightest pause and your life turns upside down. Been there, lived through it all. Some risky bets landed me in a serious soup once. Drained all my savings and pushed things back by almost a decade. Had to start everything from scratch again. Always good to have some liquid cash in the bank and it is best to have your bases covered(insurance) no matter what.

Well, amidst all the gloom and doom news, companies still have cash for buybacks.

I hope your son is doing better.

Last edited:

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Lockdown solves nothing. It's only justification is to buy time to bring up your healthcare up to scratch. When they didn't do it in an year, a few weeks won't make any difference.

People thought Covid was gone. It will never be gone, there are still mutations of SARS, even of Spanish flu. You take the precautions you can and accept the deaths.

Unfortunately, due to media and SM, bodies piling up is not something any politician can survive. Also, deaths and impoverishment due to lockdown aren't immediate and not of interest that media, so the less worse option, politically speaking.

What people need to understand is that this like other flus is seasonal. It happened last year at the same time, it will happen again next year. No precautions, no lockdown, nothing will stop it save for enough people developing immunity against the continued mutations.

The only thing lockdown achieve is PR for governments to be able to say that they have taken 'tough' decision at the expense of economy and countless more lives.

Kumata

Country flag
You are right on all counts. Loans are good as long as there's cash flow to service those EMI's. A slightest pause and your life turns upside down. Been there, lived through it all. Some risky bets landed me in a serious soup once. Drained all my savings and pushed things back by almost a decade. Had to start everything from scratch again. Always good to have some liquid cash in the bank and it is best to have your bases covered(insurance) no matter what.

Well, amidst all the gloom and doom news, companies still have cash for buybacks.

I hope your son is doing better.
yup... point is company's are sitting on cash nicely and squezzing till last drop... still i am thankful that they did not threw us out instead gave few cuts and let the cycle continue

thanks for checking on son.. he is 14 years handsome boy now...

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Interesting article as to why Pfizer was kept out. In addition, they also wanted blanket immunity.

Much better to go with Sputnik.

Maharaj samudragupt

Kritant Parashu
Banned
Country flag
Lockdown solves nothing. It's only justification is to buy time to bring up your healthcare up to scratch. When they didn't do it in an year, a few weeks won't make any difference.

People thought Covid was gone. It will never be gone, there are still mutations of SARS, even of Spanish flu. You take the precautions you can and accept the deaths.

Unfortunately, due to media and SM, bodies piling up is not something any politician can survive. Also, deaths and impoverishment due to lockdown aren't immediate and not of interest that media, so the less worse option, politically speaking.

What people need to understand is that this like other flus is seasonal. It happened last year at the same time, it will happen again next year. No precautions, no lockdown, nothing will stop it save for enough people developing immunity against the continued mutations.

The only thing lockdown achieve is PR for governments to be able to say that they have taken 'tough' decision at the expense of economy and countless more lives.
We need to control the flow of information.

Kumata

Country flag
Interesting article as to why Pfizer was kept out. In addition, they also wanted blanket immunity.

Much better to go with Sputnik.
Old story.. i remember reading it elsewhere at-least a month back

Nicky G

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
We need to control the flow of information.
Too many people are in the loop and information is collected from ground level. Will require unprecedented cooperation and coordination.

Better to inform the public that lockdown cannot be imposed due to economic cost and take your own precautions. Alas, too risky politically.

I believe in Karma . He shall get it back in double measure...
Not in Kali Yuga. Such behaviour is the norm in the age we live in.

IndianYonko

Country flag
Priorities, priorities.

Bhai public doesn't deserve such disgusting treatment.
Till yesterday MH was contributing nearly 50% cases. And this is the attitude of Government

State government wants loot and centre wants to show them mirror. Wow...

And I have always maintained that Thackreys are really filthy people from Bala to penguin. Really people with no shame.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles