Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

Is coronavirus a biological warfare agent released by China?

• yes

Votes: 175 89.3%
  • no

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters

Kumata

Country flag
Apologies if i came across in my prev post as dissing north india in general.Absolutely not my intension. I referred to the northern parts since most migrants are from the north and my base point being these north indian migrants, despite the nightmare they are undergoing now, will NOT hold it against BJP come election time, because it is guaranteed BJP has the wherewithal to do the required spin, including the often used beef/muslim/minorty card and re-group their base constituencies. And i attributed this to our perennial problem of short memories.

Religion as an election strategy is certainly a pan-india phenomenon. A member pointed to KL and it is done there also. Sure both Congress and CPI uses religion openly to get elected. Eg - KL CM was not eager to implement SC ruling in church dispute but was very eager on sabarimala. But sorry i dont want to digress any further and derail this thread with unrelated comments.
perhaps , yes majority of migrants are from so called bimaru state of UP / Jharkhan / Bihar and Bengal. they are facing hard ship but where does religion coming into all this.

Problem is politics is being played out nothing else. It s a PAN Party phenomenon . Why blame BJP alone . Have khangress done any better. recent example being their 1000 buses.

having said above, JUst look at stats as how many trains have reached BJP ruled states Vs Others. Our Own south state CM filled a case in SC when karnataka closed the border citing humanity and when it came for pay back he was first one to close his own border....

Look at number of trains which have reached UP and bengal... Migrant crisis is making of Non BJP State govt...we need to realise that centre can fecilitate with logistics but unless states allows it, they cannot do much.

Take example of my state, we had just a single positive case 2 weeks back but we allowed trains from Goa / Maharastra ... today we have 90 active cases in a span of 2 weeks...All came from mumbai ...who is pushing these migrants out.... State govts and they are doing it subtly... first kejriwal / Our best CM ...allmost everyone is coming from either mumbai or delhi...so if BJP plays religion card they have every right to do so... thats how it works...

Do you think this crisis could have been handled any better if it was like of pappu as PM... Yes, there is always a scope for improvement but when dealing with humans .. nothing is sufficient...

Below tweet sums up what states shud be doing....

here2where

Covid-19 affected all sections of society, especially common people like us who always fight for their survival. Their voice always unheard but they need maximum support. We all are children of humanity!
some more so than others. discussion is on the 'more so' category.

perhaps , yes majority of migrants are from so called bimaru state of UP / Jharkhan / Bihar and Bengal. they are facing hard ship but where does religion coming into all this.
Religion came in because it is the most potent drug available to cover all other deficiencies, come election time. A member was wondering here if the migrants would vote BJP back to power after going thru all the hardships they have gone thru now. I was saying yes they will vote BJP back to power by playing religion card.
My final post on this unrelated topic on this ccp virus thread :D

Kumata

Country flag
Religion came in because it is the most potent drug available to cover all other deficiencies, come election time. A member was wondering here if the migrants would vote BJP back to power after going thru all the hardships they have gone thru now. I was saying yes they will vote BJP back to power by playing religion card.
My final post on this unrelated topic on this ccp virus thread :D
Apologies to bust the bubble but migrants will vote for BJP and modi because they know he have done everything he could to ensure their well being and did everything to ensure they reach their homes safe...

While we can always highlight failures but there is a huge positive side too which nobody cares to look since AGENDA takes over..

My last post on this CCP virus thread on this topic...

Akshay Fenix

Country flag
Wow did I miss something, how did the Wuhan thread turned into a Blame the BJP thread. I have seen this cycle often times on this forum, at some point in time somehow or someway we find a way to drag BJP into this. Maybe the constant propaganda by the media does have an effect on us...

Kumata

Country flag

Appreciate Pakistan’s goodwill donation of surgical masks and protective suits to
@FEMA
. This delivery is a symbol of U.S.-Pakistan solidarity in the fight against COVID-19.
Yankies will open the hatch over karachi harbor to dump it back in sea just outside ... porkies will be ready with boats to collect them for re-use

captscooby81

Country flag
6088 New cases yesterday as usual one state contributes just 40 % of these numbers , Testing has now touched consistent 1 lakh every day .People here were saying test test test Soko doing more test as of Today Soko did just 8 lakh tests and Japan did 2 lakh tests and We are at 27 lakh tests today .

SKC

Country flag
6088 New cases yesterday as usual one state contributes just 40 % of these numbers , Testing has now touched consistent 1 lakh every day .People here were saying test test test Soko doing more test as of Today Soko did just 8 lakh tests and Japan did 2 lakh tests and We are at 27 lakh tests today .
Some people were praising japan for almost no infections compared to other countries but it has been found that they were not at all publishing test rates and findings and were just saying it is due to their good living habits and conditions.
But now people are saying there has been much higher infections and death then showed in media officially.

SoKo also had the second wave where they had more than 1000 new cases in 1 day and have to close down night gatherings.

SKC

Country flag

Appreciate Pakistan’s goodwill donation of surgical masks and protective suits to
@FEMA
. This delivery is a symbol of U.S.-Pakistan solidarity in the fight against COVID-19.
khud ke logo bachaye nahi ja rahe, duniya ko export karne mai lage hain saman!
Jaisa PM hai isske alawa expected bhi nahi kuch aur

samsaptaka

तस्मात् उत्तिष्ठ कौन्तेय युद्धाय कृतनिष्चय
Country flag
The Center should work with all states if it fails any state then the center should be criticized.
Yeah right ! But it works both ways doesn't it ? Most non BJP state govts are openly hostile to the centre
and REFUSE to implement advice from the centre. And when this causes a problem, blame the centre !
Its like a spoilt brat of a son even after growing old still blaming his mother for all his ills !
If you ask me , its the reverse which is true. Its the state govt and the state govt bureaucracy and the state govt
babus who do jack shit and are impeding the progress of the nation, whereas the sane decisions flow from the centre.

Anyway this is OT. I will end here.

Absolut_Vodka

Quarantined Abdul
Banned
Country flag
India becomes the 2nd largest producer of PPE in the world after China.
View attachment 48409
This was one of the main motivator for "vocal for local" speech by Modi.

4.5L PPE kits manufactured per day, testing more than 1L samples per day, this scale of infrastructure in such short time is very efficient.

Rub it in likes of NYT, BBC, WP, Al-jaljeera and their brown coolies.

Indians can perform the job, we just need a rod up our ass.

Waanar

Country flag
rod up our ass.
It's almost like it's the key to our wind up toy of efforts.

Ram it in.
Just a somewhat political question. Please try to answer with an unbiased attitude-
Would this nationwide nimbleness and flexibility in preparing for such a large scale response have been possible under any other government?

We definitely saw Kerala's left government doing well this time, but what about national parties? Any contenders to BJP?

SKC

Country flag

4.5L PPE kits manufactured per day, testing more than 1L samples per day, this scale of infrastructure in such short time is very efficient.

Adding to this is the much much lower mortality rate. there we can actually afford to open market and live with the virus much easier than other countries.
State like UP is having more than 85% people with no symptoms and 8-10% with mild symptoms only.
So most people are getting recovered without any negative health affects.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag

I think this is one of the rare instances where central govt facilitated rather than blocking a business idea.

I am pretty sure, if it was congi rule we would still be waiting for some PPE shipment from some where. And that would be the news of the day. and excuse would be given that, there is a global shortage of PPE so we are not able to get it. there would be opeds & TV debates on why India can’t manufacture PPE and nothing would move beyond it.

Absolut_Vodka

Quarantined Abdul
Banned
Country flag
Would this nationwide nimbleness and flexibility in preparing for such a large scale response have been possible under any other government?

We definitely saw Kerala's left government doing well this time, but what about national parties? Any contenders to BJP?
Can't answer that logically, stars are working for BJP and everything's going great for them with right men at right positions.

Leaders like Modi are born once in a lifetime, can't compare his abnormal mass appeal and following to any other normal govt.

Country flag

Why a New Virus Cluster in China Is Triggering Alarms

Craigs

Country flag

@FEMA
Pakistanis are themselves wearing Chinese underwear on their faces and they are donating surgical masks to USA? Holy crap this country is unbelievable.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles