Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

Is coronavirus a biological warfare agent released by China?

• yes

Votes: 175 89.3%
  • no

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters

ladder

Country flag
Modi had just told people to stand in the balcony and clap for 5 minutes. The % of well-meaning but ill-informed people who took out huge processions after 5pm were small, but even they got lathicharged and managed.

The leader of a nation can't hold back from saying something because 1% might misinterpret it. All sarkari ads have told people to wash hands with soap and recommended masks only for infected people. People have taken it one step further and started hoarding sanitizers.

Wherever mass communication is involved, 1-5% people will always misinterpret it initially, then fall back in line when corrected.
It's not about misinterpretation, but more about mis management.

You are exposing more people to danger by creating panic.

75+ district was already in lock down even before Modi announced it yesterday from Grand stage. Did any panic or wholesale hoarding take place in them till yesterday?
Punjab was already in Curfew. So was parts of Bhilwara, Kerala and Maharashtra. 144 implemented in many towns. Did it ensure wholesale panic buying as evident from yesterday?

12arya

Country flag
Amazon is up and running they will deliver all essentials item's
just saw in the republic that Amazon, Flipkart and big-basket alongside grofers stopped delivery. I didn't panic buy ....my mother's protein supplement won't b available:doh: I guess

in our place, only one vegetable shop is open and one medical shop! the shop uncle said onions not available for the next 5 days! I saw one aunty taking truckloads of onion and going... I reached too late:facepalm:
some 1 kg is left at home....will use one onion per day I guess:confused1:

Kumata

Country flag
Administration had all the time to plan and simulate unless you want to say they had blinkers on while this thing was played out in China.

Flipkart has stopped services, what if Flipkart would have been serving 'only' hub locations ( Bangalore, Kolkata, NDLS, Mumbai etc) serving 'only' essential items. But no, due to disruption in logistical chain ( read no passes during curfew/ lockdown) they have temporarily shut shop.

But, likes of you would blame Indian crowd mentality for above situation.

An old couple if have to go out to stock up because no delivery is not happening at their door step, their maid has been barred from entry. Who is to blame?
The older couple normally get their things home delivered. But due to your so called 'bravado is better' notion, they had to go out and expose themselves.
choice is between survival of everybody and some inconvenience.. what will u choose...

You points are valid but in a country like india where people pride in breaking rules, it takes time to settle things down...It was expected ... yes they could have done better but isnt that the case always...

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Bill Gates' 2015 TedX presentation on his worry for a new virus proved prescient:

sorcerer

Country flag
Administration had all the time to plan and simulate unless you want to say they had blinkers on while this thing was played out in China.

Flipkart has stopped services, what if Flipkart would have been serving 'only' hub locations ( Bangalore, Kolkata, NDLS, Mumbai etc) serving 'only' essential items. But no, due to disruption in logistical chain ( read no passes during curfew/ lockdown) they have temporarily shut shop.

But, likes of you would blame Indian crowd mentality for above situation.

An old couple if have to go out to stock up because no delivery is not happening at their door step, their maid has been barred from entry. Who is to blame?
The older couple normally get their things home delivered. But due to your so called 'bravado is better' notion, they had to go out and expose themselves.
Sure..sure..we should have given enough time for people to rush to the streets and spread the disease old or young..
YOu give these people 10 days..they will still rush and complain.. There is no end to it..

what makes you think that flip cart shutting down the logistics hub to prevent virus spread among the employees will run the logistics chain?..forget passes ..forget logistics..
Amazon is doing it though! Its not about passes its about company policies on things.
As I told you..its about the risk companies are willing to take.

some companies take the risk..some dont..cant blame administration for it.

Even factories across India who are producing non essential goods are shut down. some are still producing items shutting it away from the rest of the world.

As I told you..there will be delivery and supply chain in place. it depends up on the merits of and BRAVADO of your local administration in your city or in your place or in your society.
it will happen in another few hours. Some organizations are already taken the pass and setting up the systems with the local enforcement authorities.

ladder

Country flag
If a family is in self quarentine, no door step service is reaching them due to lockdown/curfew. What would they do? If they will break quarentine, you all shall be baying for their blood. But what options they have/had?

Is this just mis information? Or sheer mis management?

Why door services are not reaching them? You have got the answer.

Remember, all pulpit are not meant for sermons.

Bhoot Pishach

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Don't know sir. 21 million is 2.1 crore people. Them shifting to another technology (4G to 5G) seems more plausible than them shifting to another world :)
This is quite puzzling quiz.

Active Mobile Connections dont vanish in such large number specially active once.

If there is migration to new system, presuming old connections are closing then there must be also surge in new numbers.

Do you have the data on old numbers closed vs new numbers created ??

Basically NETT MOBILE NUMBERS INACTIVE.

Kindly note here in India, while introduction of JIO numbers with other operators dont go down suddenly it was gradual shift, while JIO was surging in MARKET SHARE of Mobile Numbers.

Kindly also note people dont easily change their old working numbers so easily because it is really a headache to register your new number to all Govt. Official Sites, Banking Sites, Social Media Sites, and dont forget the headache while CIRCULATING YOUR NEW NUMBER IN YOUR SOCIAL AND BUSINESS CIRCLES.

Also note we have to also see what is the numbers TERRITORY WISE what pattern it shows.

Please also note You cannot rely on data coming out of china.

All is speculation until reality comes out, like the reality of LONG MARCH OF MAO-MAO.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
If a family is in self quarentine, no door step service is reaching them due to lockdown/curfew. What would they do? If they will break quarentine, you all shall be baying for their blood. But what options they have/had?

Is this just mis information? Or sheer mis management?

Why door services are not reaching them? You have got the answer.

Remember, all pulpit are not meant for sermons.
It’s time people start learning the concept of organising local community.

Commies have nicely fooled Indians for 70 years that govt is everything, and there exists nothing in between.

Start finding solutions.

Make a group of 5-10 able bodied men and women in your neighbourhood, make a whatsapp group. Do door to door with in your limited locality, find out if anyone needs help.

CO-ordinate with each other.

And maintain physical distance.

Original Mumbaikars are good at these sort of things, it’s time others learn this too.

ladder

Country flag
Sure..sure..we should have given enough time for people to rush to the streets and spread the disease old or young..
YOu give these people 10 days..they will still rush and complain.. There is no end to it..

what makes you think that flip cart shutting down the logistics hub to prevent virus spread among the employees will run the logistics chain?..forget passes ..forget logistics..
Amazon is doing it though! Its not about passes its about company policies on things.
As I told you..its about the risk companies are willing to take.

some companies take the risk..some dont..cant blame administration for it.

Even factories across India who are producing non essential goods are shut down. some are still producing items shutting it away from the rest of the world.

As I told you..there will be delivery and supply chain in place. it depends up on the merits of and BRAVADO of your local administration in your city or in your place or in your society.
it will happen in another few hours. Some organizations are already taken the pass and setting up the systems with the local enforcement authorities.
First case was from Feb 2020, it's more than 10 days. Unless you have forgotten your elementary mathematics.

Again, it's not the people, it's the administration.

Ask Flipkart why are they temporarily shutting down, don't have to second guess anything.

Do you know our able administration (state) had not put Railways in essential services list.

But then there is name less, face less entity called 'public' who is readily available to take blame.

ladder

Country flag
It’s time people start learning the concept of organising local community.

Commies have nicely fooled Indians for 70 years that govt is everything, and there exists nothing in between.

Start finding solutions.

Make a group of 5-10 able bodied men and women in your neighbourhood, make a whatsapp group. Do door to door with in your limited locality, find out if anyone needs help.

CO-ordinate with each other.

And maintain physical distance.

Original Mumbaikars are good at these sort of things, it’s time others learn
this too.
Should have been done, that's the solution. But trial run would have been taken before Modi took to the pulpit.
75 district which was high risk was already under lock down. No one was complaining about them.
No, Modi didn't announce it on screen, still 75 district were put on lockdown.

ladder

Country flag
just saw in the republic that Amazon, Flipkart and big-basket alongside grofers stopped delivery. I didn't panic buy ....my mother's protein supplement won't b available:doh: I guess

in our place, only one vegetable shop is open and one medical shop! the shop uncle said onions not available for the next 5 days! I saw one aunty taking truckloads of onion and going... I reached too late:facepalm:
some 1 kg is left at home....will use one onion per day I guess:confused1:
@sorcerer mate, you are behind the curve.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Should have done, that's the solution. But trial run would have been taken before Modi took to the pulpit.
75 district which was high risk was already under lock down. No one was complaining about them.
No, Modi didn't announce it on screen, still 75 district were put on lockdown.
Sirji, forget the past.

Plan for the next 20 days.

You might even realise new things about yourself.

Situation is not dire.

For example: my neighbour hood talked to a vegetable vendor who would come daily morning, so that everyone can buy at one place. Milk is being delivered to house anyways.

There are inherent advantages to living in a Indian society, use them to your advantage.

sorcerer

Country flag
First case was from Feb 2020, it's more than 10 days. Unless you have forgotten your elementary mathematics.

Again, it's not the people, it's the administration.

Ask Flipkart why are they temporarily shutting down, don't have to second guess anything.

Do you know our able administration (state) had not put Railways in essential services list.

But then there is name less, face less entity called 'public' who is readily available to take blame.
We are the first nation to act categorically streamlining services even before other nations.. 10 days India was prioritizing...learning and executing... the reason why we have few deaths and recovery.

what is your second guess on Flip cart..cuz my guess is as good as whats on their website.
rest is all "may be..".

Do you know that on Railways..the Freight trains are always and is still ferrying items.. only the passenger ones are stopped.

Im not blaming people..i am saying there are times when we need to STOP blaming the administration and work with it for once creating less rebellious behavior on the streets...cuz blaming aint going to solve it.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles