Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

Is coronavirus a biological warfare agent released by China?

• yes

Votes: 175 89.3%
  • no

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I cannot understand why people have to foght the only medically sensible solution in this case - lockdown in order to stop most community spread.

Is 14 days wage or 14 days income really more impirtant than the life of your mother or father, or grand mother or grand father, aunt, uncle, sister brother? It's a no brainer to me.

sajobajo

Country flag
1) Lockdown
2) prepare massive vaccination drive
3) vaccinate
1) Lockdown with nothing else changing (likely to be the case here) will simply marginally delay the peak. There is also enforcement fatigue and compliance fatigue. People are also now well versed with how to game the system. It will end up affecting the most vulnerable of the sections, yet will do nothing to stem the infections. My City is under lockdown since 5th of April, with offices and everything non-essential shut down, grocery shops running for only a couple of hours etc. Did nothing to stop the infections. The infection may have run its course and numbers are marginally dipping, but not due to the lockdown.
2) Not much of vaccination doses available to go around in the limited timeframe thats feasible for lockdown.
3) See point 2. We are going all out (or trying to) and it will simply take more than 6 months even at our best possible rate thanks to our population.

ladder

Country flag
Where is Feluda when you need him?

Although deployed in small scale in Maharashtra ( Pune and Mumbai), but we need to scale it up quickly as rapid antigen testing is not reliably picking up newer variants. This will help share some load of testing from traditional RT-PCR.

Edinburgh

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Protect yourself. No parties, no religious activities. Wear mask,Wash your hands often and don't go out if you don't have to.
Don't always think about relying on the government. Under the current situation of medical resources, the government system is powerless.

another_armchair

Country flag
1) Lockdown
3) vaccinate
Assuming you are from Philippines, let me keep it very short.

Philippines has a mortality ratio of 1.65% compared to India's 1.09%.

Here is the vaccination status of Philippines.

1620225555922.png

Please fix your country first before thrusting your unsolicited advice on India/Indians.

sajobajo

Country flag
My ex-Boss had his father lose his battle to COVID on Sunday.
15 days ago, fatigue set in for him. Family attributed it to rising temperature. Fatigue continued all through the week, until 5 days after, he was unable to get up, do anything on his own, and had become incoherent. Still no fever, no other symptoms like cough. A check with a fingertip oximeter revealed a level of 88 on room air. Then started the real struggle of getting a hospital bed. Luckily was arranged within a day, but still too late!
He was initially responding well to treatment, but then doctors started noticing extremely high creatinine levels when there was no history. He was shifted to ICU, even tested -ve for COVID 3 days back, but wasnt enough. He succumbed to acute renal failure.

Added later : And yes, my Boss was an extremely careful man, taking utmost care, going nowhere, meeting noone, except a couple of times a week to collect groceries from his gate or the corner shop. Needless to say, he is devastated.

Last edited:

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Assuming you are from Philippines, let me keep it very short.

Philippines has a mortality ratio of 1.65% compared to India's 1.09%.

Here is the vaccination status of Philippines.

View attachment 88223

Please fix your country first before thrusting your unsolicited advice on India/Indians.
Our locality is due for lockdown again starting Saturday after a sustained dramatic rise in cases and in order to stem the possible collapse of our local healthcare system due to this sharp rise of infections. But because of India's 2nd wave and its need for vaccines the vaccines we contracted from India will not be delivered as originally agreed.

But I wholeheartedly agree that Duterte government is an absolute failure in Covid. We are all tired of lockdowns but with skyrocketing cases (and increading deaths) and very little vaccine available there's no alternative at the moment but lockdowns to slow down the spread. We'd rather suffer economically than suffer the heartbreaking scenes of patients dying on beds outside hospitals and long lines of ambulances/cars with suffering patients.

Last edited:

26/11

Country flag
Hindu-Muslim bhaichara in Kerala.

Cheetah007

Country flag
1) Lockdown
3) vaccinate
Lockdown should be imposed when the government has procured enough vaccines (at least 30 crores), then start vaccination in the lockdown. In two weeks, there will be herd immunity and Corona will be gone.

notaname

Country flag
Lockdown should be imposed when the government has procured enough vaccines (at least 30 crores), then start vaccination in the lockdown. In two weeks, there will be herd immunity and Corona will be gone.
And then there will be another wave of covid and vaccination centers will become hotspots remember vaccine helps you fight the virus not prevent you from getting it this is not feasible solution for high population load the vaccination drive will crumble down due to sheer load of logistics and shortage of vaccine administrators will haunt this strategy.

Kumata

Country flag
Vaccine efficiency is max post 50+ days of giving Jab... so no way its going away in 2 weeks...

Kumata

Country flag
Found a slot at a private hospital in another district, drove 600 km for the shot.
Awesome Sir.. Appreciate you setting a example. I am also refreshing all covaxin centres in 100 KM radius across 2 states.. UP , Delhi, Haryana ...

4 hours and no luck.. will try till 1230 AM .. in the hope that few slots will open up at 12 .. 2 big hospitals still have no opened a single slot for tomorrow

Reactions: SKC

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles