Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

Is coronavirus a biological warfare agent released by China?

• yes

Votes: 175 89.3%
  • no

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters

Longewala

Country flag
There is some serious level of infection in pakistan, they have even reduced their number of daily tests which used to be around 12-15k.

How f*cked up pakistan is if they are getting 1500 covid patients with just 7000 tests?
That certainly is scary, unless they are somehow able to miraculously zero in on affected pockets, might imply millions of cases at least.

Rxbanda

Country flag
Isn't this case doubling take more like playing with data than nothing else..i mean naturally when i have 35 K , it will take more days to double.. why this chest thumping...
Not really. The graph is generally like a bell shaped curve. So, increase in doubling time would indicate how close we are to flatten the curve.

ganesh177

Country flag
There is some serious level of infection in pakistan, they have even reduced their number of daily tests which used to be around 12-15k.

How f*cked up pakistan is if they are getting 1500 covid patients with just 7000 tests?
Really ? Please put source .

Kumata

Country flag
Not really. The graph is generally like a bell shaped curve. So, increase in doubling time would indicate how close we are to flatten the curve.
yeah that's the beauty with computing. It always hides the real stuff

Floydian

Country flag
That certainly is scary, unless they are somehow able to miraculously zero in on affected pockets, might imply millions of cases at least.
Any update on the Chicom vaccine which was to be given to the porki guinea pig awaam?

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
बिहार के मुजफ्फरपुर का ये वीडियो हैं जहां एक बच्चा रेलवे स्टेशन पर मां से खेल रहा, उसे जगा रहा उसे नही पता उसकी मां हमेशा के लिए सो चुकी है, भीषण गर्मी में चार दिन से ट्रेन में भूखी प्यासी मां की मौत हो गयी

So much has died inside me witnessing these man-made tragedies unfolding all around us. It is tough to forget this.

https://twitter.com/intent/like?tweet_id=1265542375214141441

😔

Last edited:

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
बिहार के मुजफ्फरपुर का ये वीडियो हैं जहां एक बच्चा रेलवे स्टेशन पर मां से खेल रहा, उसे जगा रहा उसे नही पता उसकी मां हमेशा के लिए सो चुकी है, भीषण गर्मी में चार दिन से ट्रेन में भूखी प्यासी मां की मौत हो गयी

So much has died inside me witnessing these man-made tragedies unfolding all around us. It is tough to forget this.

😔
c’mon dude, what the hell are they blabbering about. are they saying that they haven’t seen tragedies before?

indiatester

Country flag
c’mon dude, what the hell are they blabbering about. are they saying that they haven’t seen tragedies before?
We need to differentiate these tragedies that happen regardless of the time and our response to it as a society and the attempts by some to associate it with the politics of the day.
I am sorry for the first part. I don't want them to happen.
I am pissed of at the second part and the sly attempt to associate it with the lockdown.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Since the beginning of time,Murders do happen all the time,

For silly reasons like family feud to bare psychopathic nature,

We read it all the time.

But why we hindus get upset when we hear about murders like kamlesh tiwari.

It's a matter of Why,Who,Where,When and How.

A dead mothers corpse was rotting in the premises of a railway station, for days.....

That says a lot...

Last edited:

here2where

A dead mothers body was rotting in the premises of a railway station for days.....
I cant get my head around how THAT is even possible. Unless the said railway station is deserted and rotting and nature has reclaimed it and covered it with thick vegetation, how can a dead body lie in the same place for days?!!!!!

"Mummy i want ice-cream."
"Sure dear, let me just step over this lady sleeping here and i will buy it for you"

"Arey who is this beggar sleeping here while iam in a hurry pulling along American Tourister trolley... what a bunch of uncivilised people these people are"

... and so on and so forth....

Really?

Country flag
HCQ was the only drug which was effective to a point in patients. When there was no
treatment ; and still no vaccine . HCQ showed promise ; no need to malign it when there
was no other alternative. It may not have been the perfect coronavirus drug but it never
was intended to be used as one. Even Trump took it.

Trump says he's no longer taking hydroxychloroquine

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Since the beginning of time,Murders do happen all the time,

For silly reasons like family feud to bare psychopathic nature,

We read it all the time.

But why we hindus get upset when we hear about murders like kamlesh tiwari.

It's a matter of Why,Who,Where,When and How.

A dead mothers corpse was rotting in the premises of a railway station, for days.....

That says a lot...
When I visited Calcutta as a kid, I could distinctly smell a dead body in many places. and yet those days too all you could hear about the rustic beauty of poverty & the city.

and the type of commentators Who wrote those tweets will never utter a word against their favourites.

My point is these chaps are just partisan political commentators, designed to evoke emotions which they plan to use at a later stage.

wait and watch, Rahul pandita will definitely write a book with this photo as a cover page someday.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
When I visited Calcutta as a kid, I could distinctly smell a dead body in many places. and yet those days too all you could hear about the rustic beauty of poverty & the city.

and the type of commentators Who wrote those tweets will never utter a word against their favourites.

My point is these chaps are just partisan political commentators, designed to evoke emotions which they plan to use at a later stage.

wait and watch, Rahul pandita will definitely write a book with this photo as a cover page someday.
I don't understand,why people are fixated with the biased media angle.

There is more to it,one must raise above the clutter of propaganda. If one get obsessed with the propaganda part alone,how do you get to know the truth.

Forget their statements,just fact check whether the news is true or not. If its true why should we care about the comments.

That's how a informed citizen should behave.

If anyone thinks i was swayed by media propaganda, they are way off the mark.

Sorry to say this, When i read your comment

"Come on dude" it directly reminded me of "hua toh hua" comment.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
I don't understand,why people are fixated with the biased media angle.

There is more to it,one must raise above the clutter of propaganda. If one get obsessed with the propaganda part alone,how do you get to know the truth.

Forget their statements,just fact check whether the news is true or not. If its true why should we care about the comments.

That's how a informed citizen should behave.

If anyone thinks i was swayed by media propaganda, they are way off the mark.

Sorry to say this, When i read your comment

"Come on dude" it directly reminded me of "hua toh hua" comment.
may be I got a little carried away after seeing ex-VP Hamid Ansari daughter in law & Rahul pandita is the same post.

When I see a some names on my list, my radar goes up.

indiatester

Country flag
5/25/2020 145380 60490 80722 6535 3619 4167
Total cases today at 145380 (prev: 138845) and
  • Active Status
    80722 Active Cases (prev: 77103)
  • Inactive Status
    60490 Cured / Discharged
  • Death Status
    4167 Deaths
  • Inactive Status
    1 Migrated

Thats a jump of total 6535/3619 active. Same yesterday was (6977/3543) compared to day before(6767/3963) .
Check the 2nd plot for the growth numbers (active alone)

View attachment 48710

COVID-19 INDIA as on : 26 May 2020, 08:00 IST (GMT+5:30)
5/26/2020 151767 64425 83004 6387 2282 4337
Total cases today at 151767 (prev: 145380) and
  • Active Status
    83004 Active Cases (prev: 80722)
  • Inactive Status
    64425 Cured / Discharged
  • Death Status
    4337 Deaths
  • Inactive Status
    1 Migrated

Thats a jump of total 6387/2282 active. Same yesterday was (6535/3619) compared to day before(6977/3543) .
Lowest growth in last 10 days
Check the 2nd plot for the growth numbers (active alone)

1590590024878.png

COVID-19 INDIA as on : 27 May 2020, 08:00 IST (GMT+5:30)

Indx TechStyle

Kitty mod
Mod
Country flag

😔
Though I'm really a bit disturbed over pictures above, I'll add a bit of correction of context.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Though I'm really a bit disturbed over pictures above, I'll add a bit of correction of context.

Apparently the truth bit more disturbing than I thought it would be,

"The woman, 35-year-old Avreena Khatoon, died on board the Ahmedabad-Katihar (Bihar) Shramik Special train, on Monday. The body was kept on the platform till an ambulance arrived to take it to her home in Katihar district."

If the passenger is terminally ill,why haven't the railway administration provided a medical assistance along the way. Why can't they arranged a medical team assist the passengers?

By no means this not an isolated incident,

COVID 19: Atleast 7 passengers died on-board Shramik special train

However, reports have been emerging about how there aren't enough resources on-board for passengers of long journey.

In such a report, it has been revealed that at least seven deaths have been reported on-board the Shramik special trains. This claim by officials has raised multiple questions about how Indian Railways is handling the non-AC migrant trains.

Also read: Meet Lockdown Yadav, a newborn that epitomises the coronavirus pandemic

The officials, however, also added that most of the deceased had pre-existing health conditions.

Out of these seven, four were travelling to Bihar and three to Uttar Pradesh. All these deaths have been reported in the past few days.

The issue was raised after a video was spotted where a toddler was trying to wake up the mother, without realizing that she has died. The 25-year-old lost her life on Bihar's Muzaffarpur, and Railways claimed that the lady had recently undergone a heart surgery.

Another death of a four-year-old was reported in Bihar as the father was seen hunting for milk around the station. This raised questions about the poor resources being provided by Indian Railways.

While a lot of passengers have claimed and criticised that Indian Railways has not been providing enough food and water on the trains or the stations and the trains are taking longer and undecided routes to reach the destination, the Railways has, however, maintained that these trains are running on "pre-scheduled rationalised routes".

Some trains which should have taken 24 hours to reach to their destinations, arrived in over two days, according to reports, leaving the passengers on-board hungry and desperate.

"A Few deaths have been reported in Shramik special trains. In most of these cases, it is discovered that those who died are old sick people and chronic disease patients, who had actually gone to big cities for medical treatment and could come back only after the Railways started these Shramik Special trains," said a spokesperson for the Railways.

He also said that 78,11,575 meals and 11,07,7,830 water bottles were given to migrant workers on board these trains till May 26.

However, many passengers have complained to media that they were starving on-board due to longer than anticipated run time of these trains.

The passengers also claimed that no food and water packages are being provided by the authorities of the origin station, as it was broadcasted by the Railways that the originating state has to provide food and water to the migrant workers before the start of the journey.

Although, the Railways had instructed the General Managers of each zone to spend up to Rs 1 lakh on each Shramik Special train to arrange meals for the workers, questions are being raised on whether or not this fund is being used in the right manner.

A senior official told media that due to the social-distancing norms, food and water is placed at the gate of the coaches, they are not distributed by anyone on-board and the workers are expected to share it among themselves. In case of any complaints, the meals are provided again at the next station where it is available.

However, videos have surfaced on the internet where migrant workers onboard the train can be seen fighting for food and water packages. The workers have claimed that the quantity provided is very less and that results in passengers fighting to get their hands first on the resources.

This video is from varanasi train,

This video was taken in the katihar(supposed destination of the dead pax)

This is how railway feed their passengers like "hunger games" style.

Lets say,the dead mother was terminally I'll before she boarded the train,how can she or other weaker passengers get their food supply among this ruckus.

This is simply a matter of criminal negligence.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles