Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

Is coronavirus a biological warfare agent released by China?

• yes

Votes: 175 89.3%
  • no

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters

anoop_mig25

Country flag
So bad news is oxford vaccine failed and there goes indias chance to produce this oxford vaccine cheaply.
Another news is good news that moderna vacine suceeded in human trials of first phase.
Also chinese vaccine has been successful in the phase in which oxford failed that is on monkeys. Chinese vaccine has also raced ahead.
Now if chinese suceed in vaccine ahead of USA, then i am afraid world will again be at the mercy of china and many countries will be forced to toe chinese line to get the vaccine.
Or lets say US and Chinese vaccine both suceed but US vaccine is costing like apple phone and chinese vaccine is costing like MI phone then again world will be at the mercy of china. So very important how american vaccine is priced.

oxford medicine might have failed but according shekhar gupta of print oxford study concluded that there medicine was able to prevent to damage lungs of monkey so it might be of some use to defend/preserve lungs

usa moderna vaccine nudge body to produce more antivirus to fight it but doesnt excess production of antivirus forces cytokine storm ????

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
oxford medicine might have failed but according shekhar gupta of print oxford study concluded that there medicine was able to prevent to damage lungs of monkey so it might be of some use to defend/preserve lungs

usa moderna vaccine nudge body to produce more antivirus to fight it but doesnt excess production of antivirus forces cytokine storm ????
It is not "failed". Don't go by the words of uninformed Chu's in media.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
#WATCH Delhi: Locals pelt stones at police on Delhi-Gurugram border near Palam Vihar, allegedly after they were not allowed to cross the border into Gurugram.

More details awaited. (Note - Abusive language)

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
India to become the chairperson of the WHO Executive Board next month amid the global coronavirus crisis

1589957543814.png

India is set to lead the annual meeting at the World Health Organization(WHO) headquarters of the global health body next month. As per reports, India will assume the lead position on 22 May at the first meeting of the WHO executive board at World Health Assembly conference. India will replace Japan which will complete its one year term at the crucial job in May.

The Chairperson position to India was decided last year when the WHO South-East Asia group unanimously proposed New Delhi to the executive board for a three-term year.

Will the skeletons regarding the virus conspiracy come tumbling out of WHO's cupboard now?

Apollyon

Führer
Country flag
well oxford said there medicine failed to protect monkeys bombarded with corona virus
ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 vaccination prevents SARS-CoV-2 pneumonia in rhesus macaques
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.05.13.093195v1.full

We observed a significantly reduced viral load in bronchoalveolar lavage fluid and respiratory tract tissue of vaccinated animals challenged with SARS-CoV-2 compared with control animals, and no pneumonia was observed in vaccinated rhesus macaques. Importantly, no evidence of immune-enhanced disease following viral challenge in vaccinated animals was observed.

Here's what authors are claiming:
Here, we showed that a single vaccination with ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 is effective in preventing damage to the lungs upon high dose challenge with SARS-CoV-2
The Macaques monkeys were exposed to very high viral load, ~15 times the max a human can possibly expected to be exposed to and the vaccine dose was half of what the humans are given in Phase1/2 trials.

Perfect is the enemy of Good - Voltaire

Last edited:

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Bhubaneswar has ZERO Active Case now! One of the reasons is discipline shown by its citizens. This is how strictly it followed lockdown

Is Thackeray seeing this or is he still busy celebrating 'happy hour' after his grand election and oath taking as a member of the Legislative Council which confirms his CM seat? Covid is way down on his priority list. Expect an explosion in Maharashtra soon - uncontrolled community spread unless something drastic is done immediately!

here2where

Already there are 14 strains of covid 19 recorded. Most of the newer strains seem to be minor variations of the earliest wuhan strain that made the animal-to-human jump. Lower number of similar-to-each-other strains of a virus is good news towards finding a cost-effective single-dose vaccine against it.

here2where

Bhubaneswar has ZERO Active Case now! One of the reasons is discipline shown by its citizens. This is how strictly it followed lockdown

Such results are only possible due to an efficient administration and law-abiding civic minded population. Will be interested to know how odissa is tackling the return of its migrats.

Immanuel

Country flag
India to become the chairperson of the WHO Executive Board next month amid the global coronavirus crisis

View attachment 48258

India is set to lead the annual meeting at the World Health Organization(WHO) headquarters of the global health body next month. As per reports, India will assume the lead position on 22 May at the first meeting of the WHO executive board at World Health Assembly conference. India will replace Japan which will complete its one year term at the crucial job in May.

The Chairperson position to India was decided last year when the WHO South-East Asia group unanimously proposed New Delhi to the executive board for a three-term year.

Will the skeletons regarding the virus conspiracy come tumbling out of WHO's cupboard now?
Modi-Trump friendship will ensure truth about the WHO-China botchery will come out about Kung-Flu. That nigga Tedro's head needs to roll fast.

Holy Triad

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

Story behind photograph of crying man that shook India

PTI photographer Atul Yadav recounts his meeting with Rampukar Pandit on a Delhi roadside and the powerful image that captured the tragedy of migrants across India.

New Delhi: The photograph of a man on the phone, his face twisted in grief, was circulated widely on social media and resulted in help being provided to him to reach his home in Bihar. PTI photographer Atul Yadav recounts his meeting with Rampukar Pandit on a Delhi roadside and the powerful image that captured the tragedy of migrants across India:

He was talking on the phone and sobbing uncontrollably on the Nizamuddin Bridge. And I just couldn’t drive on.

In the last few weeks, I have come across and photographed so many migrants, one more helpless than the other, and honestly I didn’t expect to feel surprised at the sight of a grown man crying. But I was.

Inured as we are, his naked grief shook me. It felt personal enough for me to not simply click a picture and move on. I just had to know what was bothering him.

His son was unwell and might die, and he just wanted to go back home, the desperate father told me.

I asked him where, and the 40-something man just managed to say “udhar” (there) in between sobs, pointing at the expanse of the road stretching across the Yamuna and meandering towards Delhi’s border some miles away.

It was only much later that I realised home was Bariarpur in Begusarai in Bihar, almost 1,200 km away.

He said he worked as a labourer in Najafgarh and, in the absence of any public transport, had started walking home like thousands of other migrants across the country.

His journey abruptly came to a halt after the police at the bridge refused to let him go further.

The man, broken and defeated, had been stuck at the Nizamuddin Bridge for three days.

I offered him biscuits and some water and tried to reassure him. But can any consolation be ever enough for a father scared he won’t see his son ever again?

I desperately wanted to put this man out of his misery and reached out to police personnel in the vicinity requesting them to let him cross the border.

They were reluctant, but since the request came from a media person they said they would ensure he reaches home.

I reached home soon after, and realised I never did ask him his name or his phone number. I wanted to know if he managed to reach home, if he saw his son, if the child was well.

I didn’t have to wait much.

That was a Monday, 5.15 pm.

PTI put out the photograph I had taken and it was distributed widely across all media, the anguished father’s grief touching a chord in so many people.

Once his photograph that I clicked started doing the rounds, several newspapers followed up on his story.

And then I learnt. His name was Rampukar Pandit and his son lost the battle of life.😔

It broke my heart.

As per a report by Jignasa Sinha of The Indian Express, Rampukar boarded a train home on Thursday, but he missed the funeral of his son.

He was finally taken back home on a bicycle on 19 May after he was discharged from a block hospital at Begusarai's Khodawandpur, according to a PTI report.

"My test (for coronavirus) came out negative and I was told I could go home but only if someone from my family could accompany me. So, I called my wife. Since no means of conveyance was available, she left home on foot for the Khodawandpur block hospital," he told the agency.

Rampukar's wife Bimal Devi had walked about three or four kilometres towards the hospital on Monday when their nephew, on his way to buy ration on a bicycle, saw her and instead of going to a shop offered her a ride to the hospital.

"My nephew, who is about 15 years old, called up another relative who also reached the hospital riding a bicycle. After being discharged in the evening, my wife sat on the back of the nephew's bicycle and I on the back of my cousin's bicycle, and it took us about 1.5 hours to reach home," he said.

I took a picture of this heavily pregnant woman walking with her family along the side of the road," he says about the image above, "She had stopped to rest because she was clearly exhausted, but so too was her young son, who was crying for her to carry him." But hers isn't an isolated case, he points out. "One night, I was driving down the highway and came across a group of people — some of whom were barefoot — making their way home in a line on the side of the road in the dark."

A
@physically
challenged person walks away after after buying liquor from a wine shop

"We labourers don’t belong to any country,” Pandit told Yadav. “All I want is to go home and see my son.”

“I am a nobody, I’m like an ant, my life doesn’t matter.

The government is only concerned with filling the stomachs of the rich,”

Last edited:

Immanuel

Country flag
The strict lockdown was a bad call, human tragedy really. I don't see how Modi wins a third term.
A strong message needs to be sent to Chinks before he leaves office. Kung Flu fucking destroyed lives everywhere.

Immanuel

Country flag
US needs to cancel the 1 Trillion in debt the Chinks hold. The world needs to extract some sort of direct financial payment based on number of cases and deaths. Anything less than 2-3 trillion fine from Chinks is a joke.

prasadr14

PrasadReddy
The strict lockdown was a bad call, human tragedy really. I don't see how Modi wins a third term.
A strong message needs to be sent to Chinks before he leaves office. Kung Flu fucking destroyed lives everywhere.
Completely disagree
A strict lockdown was the need of the hour.
If you have any doubts, just look at US with nearly 1 Lakh dead people.

Reason for lock down was to slow the progress of infected/
This was absolutely until we ramp up the necessary ventilators and medicines to handle this.

If you really think we have equipment to handle lakhs of infected, think again..
If there was no lock down, instead of thousands, you would be looking at lakhs.

Agree about Chinkis.

Regarding Modi;s third term, there are 4 years.
People will forget the virus in 6 months.
as usual muslims will not vote for BJP.
Christians and Commies will join the muslims.
Hindus will as usual split on caste lines & those who won't split will vote BJP.
This fact is not going to change because of a Pandemic originated in some othr country

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
If we wouldn't have used the strict lockdown then we could have been seeing a real tragedy hospitals without infrastructure no ventilators no preparation once cases start to boom then their is no stopping.
At least after strict lockdown we started to mass manufacturing of test kits ventilators and building of Covid-19 wards.
Before lockdown nothing like this existed

su35

Country flag
Such results are only possible due to an efficient administration and law-abiding civic minded population. Will be interested to know how odissa is tackling the return of its migrats.
there is one case today in bbsr a police was infected, and after migrant arrival there is huge surge of covid case, before May we have cases below 100 now total case has reached 800

Almost All new cases from surat and mumbai with travel history, most of them have infected during those riots in those states. Another thing odisha people are more obedient to rule and government is completely in hands of IAS, IPS. this may be only state where minor caste chief minister are ruling peacefully, percentage of " Pattanaik" population is very low considering other caste

Global Defence

Articles