Wuhan Coronavirus Thread

Is coronavirus a biological warfare agent released by China?

• yes

Votes: 175 89.3%
  • no

Votes: 21 10.7%

• Total voters

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Hey fuckwad..... you deliberately lied that ICMR recommended "against" it. Do you know the meaning of the word "against"???????? That means according to you ICMR is telling that anyone having Corona virus should NOT take it. Do you think you are the only English language speaker here?
It has recommed against it till evidence comes in fuckwad. Were you a product of the famous brother-sister love in USA that you did not read the news about ICMR?

The ICMR chief recommended not to use HCQs till evidences come in. Before that ICMR was only saying that HCQ usage is unproven. They don't issue advisory against its use. Now they have changed their stance, "recommendation against its use till it's proven to be effective"

This is a huge deal in medical stance/parlance. Since you are a google taught expert, you are too stupid to know the difference.

desicanuk

Why is this smelly creature not yet banned from the forum inspite of repeated insults and obnoxious comments about our motherland.

Any special reason that we forum members still have to tolerate the smell of this skunk??
In a democratic forum some people like to take their clothes off in public ......….to make a fool of themselves(not you).That's ok . We have the last laugh!

Last edited:

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
That is ICMR's default reply to any new drug/treatment.
No, previously they didn't take any stand on it. Now they have explicitly recommend against it. If you are too dense to understand the difference, it is not my problem

YagamiLight

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I have never claimed that HCQ is a viable treatment for corona instead I am asking why do you want this drug to fail.
I agree that science will always triumph over stupid beliefs but science is evidence based and currently their is no evidence that HCQ will or will not work against corona.
I am just confused why does a person would want this drug to fail just to win a petty internet argument?
Are you stupid. I don't want this to fail. I am only against the mass hysteria about HCQ to stop before it's even proven scientifically.

Let the trial results come in first, then let's take it. This is not the time for quackery to blindly take a drug with unproven effects.

Craigs

Country flag
Are you stupid. I don't want this to fail. I amonly against the mass hysteria about HCQ to stop before it's even proven.

Let the trial results come in first, then let's take it. This is not the time for quackery to blindly take a drug with unproven effects
Yes.... we can read your posts. You want it to fail. You can't even wait for the trials to be over and have already declared it a failure. HCQ is not unproven - it has been around for a long time and its safety, efficacy and toxicity is well understood. Don't embarrass yourself further.

Sanatani

Country flag
I am going a bit of topic but still, Daac saab, I am in need of a bypass surgery of my left carotid and left vertebral artery because they are completely occluded and have caused multiple episodes of stroke and TIA due to disease activity of takayasu's arteritis. Do you guys have a vascular surgeon in your hospital if not then can you plz help me get to a good surgeon because SGPGI vascular surgery department is under staffed now and KGMU are not ready to do it for reasons best known to them.
We have vascular surgeon ,but planned surgeries are not being done now sir. Better let me find the best vascular surgeon in Hyderabad and get back to you .

Craigs

Country flag
No, previously they didn't take any stand on it. Now they have explicitly recommend against it. If you are too dense to understand the difference, it is not my problem
Maybe it is you who is the most dense here.

Chimpoo

Country flag
No your bias is shining through. You want it to fail....... God forbid if you contract the virus you will be the first to pop it in though.
Well, it all depends ,now, on the clinical trials ,to determine how effective this line of treatment is.

The nice thing is: it doesn't really matter what "YagamiLight" - or anyone else here - wants.

Sanatani

Country flag
We have vascular surgeon ,but planned surgeries are not being done now sir. Better let me find the best vascular surgeon in Hyderabad and get back to you .
We also need to keep a rheumatologist in loop.The only problem is OPD are closed.

Ujjain

Country flag
Thankyou so much. Actually I was worried. I had an episode of TIA today itself and that too in my village.

Ujjain

Country flag
We also need to keep a rheumatologist in loop.The only problem is OPD are closed.
Not a big deal if you your doctor's accept treatment protocols from doctors of other institutions. Infact my doctor mr. Vikas Agarwal would keep in touch if you guys don't mind.

Sanatani

Country flag
Not a big deal if you your doctor's accept treatment protocols from doctors of other institutions. Infact my doctor mr. Vikas Agarwal would keep in touch if you guys don't mind.
Let me enquire and I will get back to you on Monday.

Sanatani

Country flag
I don't think that the treating doctor will have an issue speaking to your primary consultant. It's better if they both can speak before the surgery

Chimpoo

Country flag
Coronavirus – The Spark That Starts The Next World War.
Well,my personal opinion is that the reaction to the pandemic has been just as much about US-China superpower rivalry as to how dangerous the virus actually is.

China has four time the population of the US and was set to overtake the US nominal GDP by the end of the decade ,under their current course, and the country has been making rapid technological advances in Artificial Intelligence(AI), mobile phones, semiconductors and jet engines.

From the perspective of the leaders of the United States crashing globalism and resetting,retooling and restructuring the US economy,industry and military to deal with the threat of a rising China has a brutal logic to it.

So ,when this is all over , who will come out of this stronger and what will the world look like ?

Last edited:

Absolut_Vodka

Quarantined Abdul
Banned
Country flag
Anti-parasitic drug said to 'kill' COVID-19 cells

Australia's Monash University needs funding to further research effectiveness, safety of drug against coronavirus

Scientists in Australia have found that an anti-parasitic drug available on the market “can kill” the growing cell culture of the deadly coronavirus within 48 hours.

However, researchers say the drug cannot be used in humans for COVID-19 until further testing and clinical trials prove its safety and effectiveness.

“Scientists showed that a single dose of the drug, Ivermectin, could stop the SARS-CoV-2 [COVID-19] virus growing in cell culture,” said a statement by Melbourne-based Monash University, where the research is based.

“Scientists showed that a single dose of the drug, Ivermectin, could stop the SARS-CoV-2 virus growing in cell culture,” the statement said.

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
Vietnam challenges China's monopoly on virus diplomacy

HANOI (Reuters) - Vietnam is challenging China’s dominance of coronavirus diplomacy with the donation of medical supplies to Europe and Southeast Asia and even winning plaudits from U.S. President Donald Trump for a shipment of protective suits.

Vietnam's Deputy Foreign Minister To Anh Dung hands a box of protective masks to Italy's Ambassador to Vietnam Antonio Alessandro during a handover ceremony as Vietnam donates medical supplies to France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Britain, amid the global coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak, in Hanoi, Vietnam April 7, 2020. Picture taken April 7, 2020. Lam Khanh/VNA via REUTERS
China is looking to burnish its credentials as a responsible power by sharing expertise and donating masks and other protective equipment to countries seeing a surge in cases and to repair an image dented by the disease that originated there late last year.

Vietnam, despite its lack of resources compared with its giant neighbour, has donated 550,000 face masks to France, Germany, Italy, Spain and Britain, and 390,000 to neighbouring Cambodia and 340,000 to another neighbour, Laos.

It has also capitalised on the U.S. government’s purchase of 450,000 made-in-Vietnam DuPont hazmat suits by expediting the shipment of the protective equipment, and using it to highlight its medical donations in public statements and state media.

Trump thanked “our friends in Vietnam” on Thursday for that shipment.

Helped by a mass quarantine and aggressive contact-tracing, Vietnam’s health ministry has recorded 255 cases of the novel coronavirus and no deaths.

Vu Duc Dam, a deputy prime minister who has been widely praised for his role in leading the campaign against the coronavirus, said on Monday the outbreak was under control.

The next day, state media showed photos of European ambassadors receiving boxes of masks from Vietnam’s foreign ministry in a ceremony showcasing the donation.

“Vietnam appears to have gained in confidence by managing to deal successfully with the coronavirus,” said Carl Thayer, an expert in Vietnam’s diplomacy at the Australian Defence Force Academy in Canberra.

“While Vietnam is bracing itself against a second wave of the virus it is also beginning to look ahead to a revival of economic activity,” Thayer said.

Key to spurring that activity will be a much-anticipated EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA), said Thayer, which Vietnam’s rubber stamp National Assembly will ratify later this month.

AID ‘WHERE IT COUNTS’
There are now 40 firms producing 7 million fabric masks a day in Vietnam, the government said on Thursday. An additional 5.72 million surgical masks can be produced daily, it said.

Vietnam is not the only country keen to show that it is able to offer its support to the world, however.

Taiwan, which China claims as its sacred territory and locks out of most global organisations, is donating 16 million masks, mostly to Europe and the United States, earning the diplomatically isolated island rare prominence on the world stage.

The government of Taiwan, which like Vietnam has managed to keep its tally of coronavirus cases low, with just five deaths, has not drawn a direct link between its virus diplomacy and that of China, but has been keen to show how “Taiwan can help”, especially as it can make more than 13 million masks a day.

South Korea has also won attention for its campaign against the virus and on Thursday it hosted an online presentation outlining its containment measures for about 400 health officials and experts from 13 countries, including the United States, Mexico, and Italy.

“We’ve been getting requests from many countries for us to share our know-how,” a South Korean foreign ministry official told Reuters.

Vietnam has also not explicitly compared its virus diplomacy to China’s but it was quick to send supplies to old allies Laos and Cambodia, where its influence has waned in recent years while China’s has surged.

Even though Vietnam needs similar equipment in its own efforts against the virus, it has made donations to neighbours with large Vietnamese communities “on the basis of traditional friendship and relations”, foreign ministry spokeswoman Le Thi Thu Hang told Reuters.

Vietnam could also be pushing the quality of its medical supplies in light of mounting returns to China of faulty equipment, said Thayer.

Vietnam’s biggest listed firm, Vingroup, said last week it would start producing up to 55,000 ventilators a month, including for foreign markets.

“Vietnam cannot hope to match China in the volume and dollar value of its aid but Vietnam can provide assistance where it counts,” said Thayer.

Additional reporting by Khanh Vu and Phuong Nguyen in Hanoi, Ben Blanchard in Taipei and Josh Smith in Seoul; Editing by Robert Birsel

Our Standards:The Thomson Reuters Trust Principles..

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...nas-monopoly-on-virus-diplomacy-idUSKCN21S0CH

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag
On Russian border, China scrambles to contain coronavirus influx

BEIJING (Reuters) - A small Chinese city on the border with Russia is mounting an increasingly urgent defence against a surge of new coronavirus cases even as crowds return to restaurants and shops in much of the rest of the country.

FILE PHOTO: Medical officials with protective gear walk inside a plane while taking the body temperature of passengers as a preventive measure against the coronavirus (COVID-19) at Sheremetyevo International Airport outside Moscow, Russia March 17, 2020. REUTERS/Sergey Pivovarov
Suifenhe in China’s far northeastern Heilongjiang province has seen an influx of Chinese people returning home, many infected with the virus, travelling by road from the Russian far eastern city of Vladivostok after flying there from Moscow.

Russia halted all flights into China from Feb. 14 and it closed its land border to incoming traffic from China in January. That means the route through remote Suifenhe is one of only a few options for many Chinese people trying to get home.

On Thursday, Suifenhe reported that it had a total of 123 imported coronavirus cases, nearly 97% of cases in Heilongjiang.

The city’s 70,000 residents have been told to stay at home and only person per household can shop for essentials every three days. Public buses and taxis are not allowed to leave the city centre.

Those are the same restrictions imposed in late January on the hard-hit central city of Wuhan and the surrounding province of Hubei, where the virus emerged.

“We’re so scared. Measures here are so much stricter now compared to the earlier period,” said Liang Yuxin, a 21-year-old student in Suifenhe told Reuters via social media messaging.

On Friday, a makeshift field hospital - China’s first outside Wuhan - will be ready to house 600 patients with mild or no symptoms, state news agency Xinhua said.

Work to set up the hospital in a converted office building began on Monday, and 400 medical staff are expected to be stationed there.

“We will admit and treat every single person who requires admission and treatment,” Yu Kaihong, the leader of a provincial medical team sent to assist Suifenhe, told a news conference on Thursday.

“We will use the whole strength of the province to prevent the import of the virus.”

Chinese authorities closed the border on Tuesday although cargo was allowed in as long as drivers had their health checked.

The border remained closed on Friday and it was not clear when it would re-open or how many Chinese people might be on the Russian side hoping to get home.

Another student, Deng Wenle, said people needing medical care often went to nearby Mudanjiang, a much larger city two hours away by car.

“I can’t imagine how Suifenhe can handle the huge influx of patients. All the hotels are full of people under quarantine and even the sports stadium was turned into a quarantine venue,” she told Reuters via social media.
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...s-to-contain-coronavirus-influx-idUSKCN21S0TI

AVERAGE INDIAN

EXORCIST
Country flag

Very expensive FIREWORK over Sichuan province sky on 10/4 ! Long March-3B carrying Indonesian satellite exploded 50 sec after lift -off. It was 2nd launch failure within a month。 Explicitly China want economic activities back to “normal”, but virus says NO to Him

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles