Would You Survive A Nuclear Explosion In Your City?

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Ok guys, here’s something which is both interesting and horrifying. What would be the effects of a nuclear explosion in you city or town? Consider the following effects:

Flash
Blast
Thermal radiation
EMP (Not included in the sim)
Nuclear fallout/radiation.

The last, ie nuclear radiation in the form of radioactive fallout is something that isn’t visible but could obliterate all life and crops in vast surrounding areas for years to come. The other effects listed above are immediate and could destroy infrastructure and kill all within the danger template within seconds.

Here’s the sim. Fill up the details on the right – city/town, yield etc and hit the ‘detonate’ button. The description is on the right side. Being a Google map you can put it in satellite or map mode and increase/decrease the zoom.

Remember, the atomic bomb over Hiroshima had a nominal yield of 20 KT. Today, in the India Pakistan scenario, you could probably see a 200KT bomb falling from the sky!

Remember, if you are at Ground Zero, there will be nowhere to run, nowhere to hide. Then all you can do is to bend, put your head between your knees, and kiss you’re a$$ goodbye!

So, would you survive a nuclear explosion? Click on the link below to find out…But remember, if you escape the immediate effects, you’ll soon be affected by the nuclear fallout within a week or two depending on the wind and atmospheric conditions, even if you’re miles away from ground zero. And that’s bad news!

Have a nice day!

Nuclear Explosion Effects Simulator

Illusive

Country flag
Safe if its from pak, screwed in case of Chinese TN bombs. Whats the maximum yield of Pak warhead?

Country flag
Safe if its from pak, screwed in case of Chinese TN bombs. Whats the maximum yield of Pak warhead?
5-20 kiloton is the pak range according to neutral sources . Most people think the impact is what does the most damage but it is the radiation or fallout that does the most destruction.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
One will survive or not depends on luck, but what should be done if you survive must to taught.

I am not sure If Indian army is nuclear battle or war ready but I am very sure Indian cities and Citizens are not.

Hari Sud

Country flag
If a 20 kiloton Pakistan falls on any India city, that city is cooked. Surroundings upto 30 miles are also cooked. Next hundred miles will receive nuclear fallout. Only Japanese know more about impact of that type of bomb. But propaganda aside, death & destruction would cripple any nation.

But their is a flip side, the Americans tested about 200 small and 20 kiloton bombs only 26 miles from Las Vegas from 1945 to 1955. People will watch from their balconies the test explosion and mushroom cloud. The city of Las Vegas is still around, nobody moved from their homes. Although probably some felt the fallout aspect more than others, which they did not know at that time. But they did survive.

What keeps the enemy at bay and not unleash a bomb on you is your ability to unleash untold destruction on him. That type of destruction even General Raheel Sharif cannot withstand. Moreover Allah does not have enough "hoors" for each of the dead male. That mutual destruction keeps the avid war monger at bay.

Country flag
Nuclear weapons should not be used to target high population areas. But their use in history (by USA ) did just that. Any use of a nuke by Pakistan will also mean the indus water treaty will be abandoned by india. What will Pakistan do for water afterwards?

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Nuclear weapons should not be used to target high population areas. But their use in history (by USA ) did just that. Any use of a nuke by Pakistan will also mean the indus water treaty will be abandoned by india. What will Pakistan do for water afterwards?
I don't know why we aren't doing it now - slowly - so that Pakistan dries up within a year causing famine.

Now that's a good tactic. Tell Pakistan to lay off Kashmir, hand over POK including Gilgit/Baltistan and stop their proxy war against India or else we will stop their water which will spell disaster for them.

But do we have the political balls to do that?

Country flag
I don't know why we aren't doing it now - slowly - so that Pakistan dries up within a year causing famine.

Now that's a good tactic. Tell Pakistan to lay off Kashmir, hand over POK including Gilgit/Baltistan and stop their proxy war against India or else we will stop their water which will spell disaster for them.

But do we have the political balls to do that?
If they have threatened india with nukes why are we waiting? For them to use it?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Hyderabad's population is 45% Muslim, 55% Hindu. So among the Indian metros, it has the least probability of being hit by a Paki nuke.

Compersion

Country flag
If there is a underground Metro station and tunnels and warning would it be safe to go there ...

I am reading many cities are building underground metro tunnels including Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore etc etc

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
If there is a underground Metro station and tunnels and warning would it be safe to go there ...

I am reading many cities are building underground metro tunnels including Mumbai, Delhi, Bangalore etc etc
Mumbai has overground metro tunnel.

tsunami

Country flag
Looks like if a 200 KT nuke hit South Mumbai I will be safe at Home but dead at office :(

sabari

If you are in your home located in sub urban area with no military base its good you have better luck .only luck.if you survive .after that certain factor deside your fate
1. do you have any granary near your location
2. How much water can you store in your house
3. How does your house desines is it suitable for seal from outside escape from radio active air
4.you ability to restore your radio or mobile with radio
Because you need lot of information for surviving.best way to save you radio is placing it in side a steal box
5.its not possible for everyone but its better if you have rediaton level monitoring system to be used as waring devise from radio active clouds
I requests senior member to add there view about surviving after nuke impact

Dark Sorrow

Respected Member
Looks like if a 200 KT nuke hit South Mumbai I will be safe at Home but dead at office :(
Where you hail in Mumbai. Both my home and office are toast if nuke hits Mumbai. I hail from Andheri.

Compersion

Country flag
Its a long time time from now. Just look how much time Line 1 took to complete.
I dont know the timelines going ahead but the first phase of any major civil engineering project takes time because it is from scratch. Always remember when the Buddha had smiled the second time some say it was long after its first smile ... Does not means it cannot smile again and again the first was important. We have built metro tunnels already in India and many.

My question is can metro train tunnels be used for nuclear shelters :playball:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles