Worrisome rise of Chinese nationalism

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
I wonder what our Chinese friends have to say!

I am sure they will have something to rebut all what has been posted since one must know the TRUTH!

mattster

Respected Member
Country flag

I am sure they will have something to rebut all what has been posted since one must know the TRUTH!

You dont need to read any long academic discussions of Chinese history to find out about this. Just talk to anyone who has recently spent time in China.

The funny thing about this is that it is the young educated class that are becoming the rabid nationalists.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Ray Sir,

Its an excuse by the chinese to hide behind history.
India too has been invaded many times in history and even we were invaded and colonized by the west. but that hasnt made us a totalitarian regime. We have not taught our kids BS that brainwashes the mind and teaches them all kind of distorted history which poisons their mind.

If you are expecting the Chinese to come up with a counter with their own "facts", then you are right. They will come back with what they have been taught from birth. The shame is that the younger generation itself doesnt want freedom and doest question the government and rise up to it. After Tianenmen, there hasnt been anything done by the next gen.

redragon

Country flag
The above posts of the article written by the Chinese professor will indicate how the Chinese fudge history to fool their people and incite them to jingoism!
Yes I know this guy: Yuan, Weishi, :stinker:
His existence is a very good example that China has freedom of speech.
He is just one of those so called "Elite" or "Expert" like the president of Georgia, these people like to live under the spot light of western media, so normally they have a lot articles translated to English. and western media like them and willing to publish whatever they say. Same "experts, elites" contributed a lot on the process of spliting soviet union.

Please notice that in China there also is another side of story, at least equal # of people are holding opposite view points against these "elite", one of the reasons why China is doing good in this 30 years is because CCP can balance these two side of China and use both of them at proper different time to push the economy but not to hinderance it. His view point about Chinese history is just one theory of many, and may not be the correct one.

About the nationalism, I believe there is no difference between countries, I think that is the reason not too many Chinese members get back to you, because this is a not issue, nothing to debate about. We respond back only to correct some absurd rumours like it's mandatory to have military trainning at the age of 9 in China, which simply is laughable. People spreading this must be either too stupid or too bad.

no smoking

Country flag

Why should we say sth?

Or what do you want us to say?

A "history" book written by a chinese to entertain western has nothing to do with the current situation in china. If you tell any of this to a chinese who is trying to bring a middle class life to his family, he will definitely laugh his ass off. Most of these concepts or words in the book were gone since 1949, the rest disappeared after 1978.

Ray, as a old indian tried to explain chinese matters in indian or british way, you really amuse us, thanks! The problem is your history analysis is always under standard. Why, because you get the fact right but the reasons wrong.

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
They say that history repeats itself, and it seems to be repeating now with the Chinese repeating Nazi Germany's history. A depressed people introduced to manufacturing that lifts the country and develops into arms production, brainwashing of the masses, talk of a past glory that never existed and blaming others for their previous position, and just like Nazi Germany eyeing territorial expansion for their people as it is their right ,and it will end just like Nazi Germany.
our respected members ray and flint have made a number of 1st class posts - china has been a miltaristic nation for centuries and to be fair , it may have been forced upon them from the outside ! their miltarism would have been a natural reaction to all that violence forced upon them .

nevertheless the remain a militaristc nation even after all theat . and as our other respected member LF ( quoted above ) says, there sure is a lot of resemblence to (Nazi) Germany ! - i wonder if that will make the world wake up and take notice ?
i dont think so - when the armenians were massacred , the world did nothing, whenthe same happened to the jews ,- nothing, palestinians - world did nothing, tibetans massacred - world did nothing

what makes anyone think the world will react this time ?

Country flag
our respected members ray and flint have made a number of 1st class posts - china has been a miltaristic nation for centuries and to be fair , it may have been forced upon them from the outside ! their miltarism would have been a natural reaction to all that violence forced upon them .

nevertheless the remain a militaristc nation even after all theat . and as our other respected member LF ( quoted above ) says, there sure is a lot of resemblence to (Nazi) Germany ! - i wonder if that will make the world wake up and take notice ?
i dont think so - when the armenians were massacred , the world did nothing, whenthe same happened to the jews ,- nothing, palestinians - world did nothing, tibetans massacred - world did nothing

what makes anyone think the world will react this time ?

The world (USA) will react when China crosses the line from being just a competitor to a threat; China has not reached that point yet but it will in 5-7 years and maybe even sooner depending on how weakly USA recovers from the present economic downturn. Then USA will be forced to do something whether there is a cause or not it can always create one like the Iraqi WMD premise for the war on Iraq.

redragon

Country flag
The world (USA) will react when China crosses the line from being just a competitor to a threat; China has not reached that point yet but it will in 5-7 years and maybe even sooner depending on how weakly USA recovers from the present economic downturn. Then USA will be forced to do something whether there is a cause or not it can always create one like the Iraqi WMD premise for the war on Iraq.
Haha, with due respect, can you elaborate more about this "will react", you mean a war? Are you hoping USA to have a war with China? Man, seriously, you are way beyond my imagination. :icon_salut:

nimo_cn

Country flag
I was told that USA is a democratic nation which certainly loves peace. But based on this comment, i have to say i am wrong. USA will initiate a war with a country just because USA may not be the NO.1 anymore. No wonder the CCP always says China should develop its military just in case some country would use force to stop the rise of China.

redragon

Country flag
all right, Mr lethalforce, since you hate China and its development so much, why don't you Indian to take the initiative, declare a war against China, don't hide behind big daddy, let's have a adjudgment day, the biggest dimocracy vs the biggest commie, wow, that must be the most exiting hollywood story, oh wait, I am sorry, I mean bollywood.
So sincerely, please start the campaign to move India to have war with China, since you are so ethusiasitc about the justice, why wait, take this holly task.

nimo_cn

Country flag
It took me a while to finish reading what Ray has posted.
I guess Ray hasn't read a actual Chinese history textbook.

According to my memory, in the textbook, the Boxers are praised for their spirit of fighting against invaders, not the way they fight. On the contrary, at the end of the chapter, the textbooks point out that some Boxers' actions are radical, extreme and unwise. Their way of doing this should not be supported, but their spirit should be inherited.

Before you judging the Boxers, i believe you should learn something about the background of this movement, you should know the horrible crimes these foreigners had commited to Chinese. Because of the unfair treaty which you suggest we should obey, the foreigners could kill innocent chinese, rob chinese property, rape chinese women without being punished by chinese law. There was not other option but to fight against them.

I wonder what you Indians would do when you face the similar situation, any suggestions?

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
all right, Mr lethalforce, since you hate China and its development so much, why don't you Indian to take the initiative, declare a war against China, don't hide behind big daddy, let's have a adjudgment day, the biggest dimocracy vs the biggest commie, wow, that must be the most exiting hollywood story, oh wait, I am sorry, I mean bollywood.
So sincerely, please start the campaign to move India to have war with China, since you are so ethusiasitc about the justice, why wait, take this holly task.
Nihao redragon,
Lethalforce is an American Citizen of Indian Origin who has served in the Gulf War as a medic of the US armed forces.

As an Indian personally I am both pleased and envious to see China's rapid growth however I cannot but be skeptical and wary of the CPC.

masterofsea

The above posts of the article written by the Chinese professor will indicate how the Chinese fudge history to fool their people and incite them to jingoism!
How China fudged the history.Please tell me the point!

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Nihao nimo_cn,

1. Don't guess
2. Don't rely on memory alone.

Ray sir is a straight shooting (Nato equivalent) 1 star general (retd) of the Indian Army with an avid interest in China. It would be prudent if you would rebut his argument with facts, sources.

AkhandBharat

The first step has to be taken by the communist country in the direction of war. That would be you!

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
[mod]People, cut the jingoism. If the Chinese members have a rebut to Ray Sirs post go ahead. But cut the bring it on crap.[/mod]

masterofsea

The doctrine "nationalism is not good" is a western deceit.They got wealth dirtily based on colonialism which is totally racism.Now,they begin to teach develpoing countries that "natinalism is evil,blar...blar".They want non-western nations stay below instead of rising up.It's a castration of nation spirit.

It is ironic that the western people criticize the non-western nationalism when they still show the sense of superiority toward non-western culture.

It just like someone is raping you and at the same time he tells you "Don't resist,and enjoy it like i enjoy it".

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
cNo on is killing nationalism. Its how the nationalism is being molded that the issue. The Chinese nationalism is being molded by the CCP for its own benefit. And the common people have got sucked into it.

masterofsea

It is ridiculous that some so called Indian "elites" thank the Britain unified India!Do they forgot they killed your people.After I saw Indian people show their gratitude to Brits again and again,I know India is hopeless nation and I got a little reassurance that India will not be our rival, ever and forever. You are the first country who thanks conquerers.

AkhandBharat

It is ridiculous that some so called Indian "elites" thank the Britain unified India!Do they forgot they killed your people.After I saw Indian people show their gratitude to Brits again and again,I know India is hopeless nation and I got a little reassurance that India will not be our rival, ever and forever.

Good for you! Why don't you stop crying out hoarse then? Isn't it good that we will not be your rival? Then you can think of building a unified China with Tibet, Xinjiang, Vietnam, Myanmar, Thailand, Japan and Phillipines!

:sarcastic:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles