World Military/Paramilitary/Special Forces

Tactical Doge

๐•ฑ๐–”๐–”๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–—๐–š๐–˜๐– ๐–†๐–“๐–‰ ๐–†๐–“๐–Œ๐–Š๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–‹๐–Š๐–†๐–—
Country flag

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
The British Army is creating a New Special Forces Light Infantry regiment called British Ranger Regiment that will be equivalent to 75th Ranger Regiment in the US Army and The Royal Marines are getting changed as well with a addition of a New Special Forces Role along with the traditional Amphibious role. Paras will also soon receive a new make over as well.

Last edited:

Haldilal

เคฒเฅœเคคเฅ‡ เคฒเฅœเคคเฅ‡ เคœเฅ€เคจเคพ เคนเฅˆ, เคฒเฅœเคคเฅ‡ เคฒเฅœเคคเฅ‡ เคฎเคฐเคจเคพ เคนเฅˆ
Country flag

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
The British Army is creating a New Special Forces Light Infantry regiment called British Ranger Regiment that will be equivalent to 75th Ranger Regiment in the US Army and The Royal Marines are getting changed as well with a addition of a New Special Forces Role along with the traditional Amphibious role. Paras will also soon receive a new make over as well.

Everyone is improving except us!! They all know that a diversified SOF is very crucial instead of relying on a single SOF unit. Our Para SF is Comparable to US Army Green Berets, but we don't have any equivalent to light infantry, raiding/Direct Action role similar to US ARMY Rangers!!! The more we improve from here the better!!

rkhanna

Country flag
Everyone is improving except us!! They all know that a diversified SOF is very crucial instead of relying on a single SOF unit. Our Para SF is Comparable to US Army Green Berets, but we don't have any equivalent to light infantry, raiding/Direct Action role similar to US ARMY Rangers!!! The more we improve from here the better!!
Our SF in theory are like the GB but in practice are akin to US Rangers. The Question then arises do you raise a new CDO unit and let SF do SF stuff. Or do you continue using SF as They are now ,(cdo role) and raise a brand new SOF capability ? Is that where AFSOD comes in ?

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Our SF in theory are like the GB but in practice are akin to US Rangers. The Question then arises do you raise a new CDO unit and let SF do SF stuff. Or do you continue using SF as They are now ,(cdo role) and raise a brand new SOF capability ? Is that where AFSOD comes in ?
Raise a new Commando unit dedicated for a Ranger role and let Para SF continue doing what they do!! And form AF-SOD, comparable to the JSOC in USSOCOM, where the best of the best (Tier 1) operators in all three branches under one organisation must be formed!!!
Yes both the options should be implemented, 1) create a brand new commando unit for a specific role and let the already existing commando unit (Para SF) function as it is.
2) Create a joint SF unit (AF-SOD) where the best in the business in under one roof!!

Maitreya Shyam

Country flag

I think they already have pathfinder platoon

Maitreya Shyam

Country flag
Hai bhai ghatak commando equivalent hai 75th rangers ke

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
Raising new units is not feasible given the economic situation. The17 Mountain Corps is not even fully raised even after a decade of its inception.

The goal should be to equip the existing forces with latest weapons and gadgets.
Infantry modernization FINSAS program which was initiated in 2006 and was supposed to be implemented by 2015 is still in limbo. Even basic BPJ and helmet are not fully distributed among troops.

Only worthwhile thing in the last 2 decades for the Infantry forces, is the emergency purchase of Sig-Sauer and snipers by the Northern Command.

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Hai bhai ghatak commando equivalent hai 75th rangers ke
Ghatak commandos are shock troops not Special Forces, and shock troops were never considered as an SOF unit anywhere around the world to begin with. In that case the US Army and Marines have more shock troops in their infantry battalions than us combined. And no Ghataks ARE not comparable to rangers in any way, they have different doctrine to begin with, plus Rangers are Para qualified

rkhanna

Country flag
let Para SF continue doing what they do!
My point is SF currently is doing the roll/capability of Army Rangers. If they continue that then what happens to the SOF capability?

Raise a new Commando unit dedicated for a Ranger role and let Para SF continue doing what they do!!
My 2 paisa option 1:
Well if you fold the SFF (smaller Part of it via a well thought out selection) back into the Army ORBAT and re orient / train them you get your commando force call them Para Cdo Bn. The Balance SFF you fold into the Parachute Regiment to expand the Paras - the SFF component will concentrate on Airborne Mountain Warfare.

Then you spend time and money unskilling the Para SF back to their original role of Tier 2 Special Operations. But form a SF Regiment first.

Option 2

Army SF reverts back to ParaCdo normenclature the Old Battalions are upskilled to SOF duties, the new battalions are fleshed out for Cdo duties and you split them into 2 sub units under the SF Regiment.

SFF is used to flesh out the Parachute Regiment - into 2 components - Airborne troops and LRRP / Pathfinder units -( i.e. what Force Recon / Radio Recon is to the USMC)

SG becomes a TriService Tier 1 Capability under CDS (I.e becomes the AFSOD nucleus)

(raw does not need a Paramilitary arm if we do this right)

Option 3

Merge every single Ghatak Battalion into a new Ranger type Regiment

Downsize and upskill Para SF under a new Ind commant structure and expand the regular Paras

Down size and Formalize indian Origin soldiers of the SFF as LRRP/Path Finder Regiment . maintain tibetian cadre by Raw under SFF nomanclature

Lastly anyone who is not a member of the Parachute Regiment is NOT allowed to wear a maroon beret. Marcos / garud / SF

We have forgotten what a maroon beret means. Everyone who has jump wings does not a paratrooper make

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
My point is SF currently is doing the roll/capability of Army Rangers. If they continue that then what happens to the SOF capability?

My 2 paisa option 1:
Well if you fold the SFF (smaller Part of it via a well thought out selection) back into the Army ORBAT and re orient / train them you get your commando force call them Para Cdo Bn. The Balance SFF you fold into the Parachute Regiment to expand the Paras - the SFF component will concentrate on Airborne Mountain Warfare.

Then you spend time and money unskilling the Para SF back to their original role of Tier 2 Special Operations. But form a SF Regiment first.

Option 2

Army SF reverts back to ParaCdo normenclature the Old Battalions are upskilled to SOF duties, the new battalions are fleshed out for Cdo duties and you split them into 2 sub units under the SF Regiment.

SFF is used to flesh out the Parachute Regiment - into 2 components - Airborne troops and LRRP / Pathfinder units -( i.e. what Force Recon / Radio Recon is to the USMC)

SG becomes a TriService Tier 1 Capability under CDS (I.e becomes the AFSOD nucleus)

(raw does not need a Paramilitary arm if we do this right)

Option 3

Merge every single Ghatak Battalion into a new Ranger type Regiment

Downsize and upskill Para SF under a new Ind commant structure and expand the regular Paras

Down size and Formalize indian Origin soldiers of the SFF as LRRP/Path Finder Regiment . maintain tibetian cadre by Raw under SFF nomanclature

Lastly anyone who is not a member of the Parachute Regiment is NOT allowed to wear a maroon beret. Marcos / garud / SF

We have forgotten what a maroon beret means. Everyone who has jump wings does not a paratrooper make
Yes, can I reply and let's discuss this in my Restructuring of Special Forces thread. I'll qoute this message!!

Vishalreddy3

Country flag
Is this thread you mentioned Indian Special Forces or AF-SOD or some other one?
A separate thread mate

MIDKNIGHT FENERIR-00

VICTORIOUM AUT MORS
A separate thread mate
Thanks mate

apoorv465

Country flag
Even terrorist PMCs are practising High Soeed drills.
Please tell me para sf does it too.

Comtacs too

Tactical Doge

๐•ฑ๐–”๐–”๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–—๐–š๐–˜๐– ๐–†๐–“๐–‰ ๐–†๐–“๐–Œ๐–Š๐–‘๐–˜ ๐–‹๐–Š๐–†๐–—
Country flag

Global Defence

Articles