Woman cop dragged for revenge!

bhramos

Country flag
In a shocking case, a woman police officer was dragged on the road by her subordinates in a vehicle after she objected to extortion by them in the name of traffic checking.

Superintendent of Police (Traffic) Kalpana Saxena, who is in hospital with a fractured hand and injuries on her head, said she had received information from an Army jawan on Thursday evening that some traffic constables were demanding bribes from truckers near the Jat regimental centre here.

"I rushed to the area along with the gunner and driver in a private car to catch them red handed. When I reached the area, I saw them extorting bribes from the constables. The constables recognised me and tried to flee and crush me under their police vehicle," the 1990 batch officer of the state's Provincial Police Service said.

"I caught hold of the neck of the driver driving the vehicle and it dragged me for more than an kilometre in full public view. Finally, they threw me on the road," Saxena said.

Police said one of the accused has been arrested and hunt is on to nab the two others.

They said that last evening Saxena got information that some constables were extorting money from the truck drivers after which she reached the spot with her driver and gunner.

After reaching the spot, when Saxena questioned the three constables present on the spot, they refused any extortion bid on which the officer asked her staff to check their pockets.

Sensing trouble, the three constables attacked Saxena and later attempted to flee.

While they were fleeing, Saxena caught hold of the collar of one the constables, but instead of stopping the vehicle, the policemen sped away dragging the officer.

DIG N K Srivastav said all the three constables have been suspended and FIR has been lodged at the Cantt police station in this regard.

"One of the accused Manoj Kumar had been arrested and efforts were being made to nab two others," he said.

Woman cop dragged for revenge- TIMESNOW.tv - Latest Breaking News, Big News Stories, News Videos

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
You are going to assault and drag your boss one click down the road... these constables must be retarded. If they thought they were in trouble before, look at them now.

Kunal Biswas

Member of the Year 2011
Ambassador
These Traffic police with bribery are daily occurrence....
they do openly without any fear..

Anyways BRAVE lady..
Get well soon!

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles