Wish u all very Happy Ugaadi…

nitesh

Mob Control Manager
Best wishes from my side too

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Ugaadi is the new year of Telugu people. This new year is celebrated as great festival allover Andhrapradesh in India. The word ‘Ugaadi’ has come from Sanskrit word ‘Yugaadi’.Yugaadi means beginning of the Yuga. This is most auspicious festival of Andhra. On this day, people wakeup in the early morning and take head bath in traditional way. Wears new clothes and visits Lord ganapathi temple and performs various poojas to make the entire year happy and prosperous. Panchanga sravanam is another most important thing performed on this day. Panchanga sravanam means listening to the various planets moods and their effects on man,country and world for the particular year. Listening to PanchangaSravana is a most auspicious task. There is one speciality for this festival. on every festival people make various traditional sweets on enjoy, but on this Ugaadi day,people make ‘Ugaadi Pickle’ and distribute it to near and dear. Ugaadi Pickle is made of mixing all six tastes like sweet, sour, hot, taste-less, salt. Ugaadi Pickle is symbol for life. That means everyone’s life is filled with all these six tastes. Then only life will be tasty. On this day all people from children to adults wear traditional dresses of Andhra like Half-sarees, Pavada, parikini and panche. This telugu new year is even celebrated by NoN- residential Indians in their present living countries with great joy and happiness.

Triton

Founding Member
ಯುಗಾದಿ ಹಬ್ಬದ ಶುಭಾಶಯಗಳು
Ugadi Habbadha Shubhashayagalu

Wish you a Happy Ugadi

In Karnataka we celebrate Ugadi as our New Year; Wish you all a Happy & prosperous Ugadi :drink:

Blitz

Founding Member
wishing all the members a vry happy yugaadi....

ugaadi is the new year's day for the people of the Deccan region of India. While the people of Karnataka use the term yugaadi and people from Andhra Pradesh use the term Ugadi for this festival, the people of Maharashtra term the same festival, observed on the same day, Gudi Padwa. Sindhis, people from Sindh, celebrate the same day as their New Year day Cheti Chand.
It falls on a different day every year because the Hindu calendar is a lunisolar calendar. The Saka calendar begins with the month of Chaitra (March/April) and yugaadi marks the first day of the new year.Yugaadi specifically refers to the start of the age we are living in now, Kali Yuga. Kali Yuga started the moment when Lord Krishna left the world. Maharshi Vedavyasa describes this event with the words 'Yesmin Krishno divamvyataha, Tasmat eeva pratipannam Kaliyugam'. Some Indian historians date the beginning of Kali Yuga to 3102 BC.
The festival marks the new year day for people between Vindhyas and Kaveri river who follow the lunar calendar, pervasively adhered to in the states of karnataka, Andhra Pradesh and Maharashtra. This calendar reckons dates based on the Shalivahana era (Shalivahana Shaka), which begins its count from the supposed date of the founding of the Empire by the legendary hero Shalivahana. The Satavahana king Shalivahana (also identified as Gautamiputra Satakarni) is credited with the initiation of this era known as Shalivahana. The Salivahana era begins its count of years from the year corresponding to 78 AD of the Gregorian calendar. Thus, the year 2000 AD corresponds to the year 1922 of the Salivahana Era.
In the terminology used by this lunar calendar (also each year is identified as per Hindu Calendar), Yugadi falls on Chaitra Shudhdha Paadyami or the first day of the bright half of the Hindu month of Chaitra. This generally falls in the months of March or April of the Gregorian calendar.

Preparation for the festival begins a week ahead. Houses are given a thorough wash. Shopping for new clothes and buying other items that go with the requirements of the festival are done with a lot of excitement.The day, however, begins with ritual showers (oil bath) followed by prayers, and then the eating mixture of Neem Buds/Flowers for bitterness and Jaggery for sweetness known as Bevu- Bella, symbolizing the fact that life is a mixture of different experiences.

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
Correct me if I am wrong but I see native kannada people celebrating Ugaadi too more over I got an impression it is a new year time for most of hindu community around, though my own Assamese new year calander starts few days later.

Triton

Founding Member
Correct me if I am wrong but I see native kannada people celebrating Ugaadi too more over I got an impression it is a new year time for most of hindu community around, though my own Assamese new year calander starts few days later.
Yes Sir, native Kannadigas celebrate Ugaadi as New Year. You should have read some of the previous posts in this thread friend :Laie_63A:

Payeng

Daku Mongol Singh
my apology for sometimes I go careless would be more careful next time.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles