Will the G7 Become the G2?

jakojako777

Your achievement in mathematics is breath-taking!

I thought per capita GDP, according to your data, should be 48000:6000 i.e. 8:1 but you are right, it should be 48000x4:6000x1 ! ... great ...

Sorry to jump in middle of conversation, if I just may mention that more than 70% of USA-GDP is calculated on consumption and as we all know their consumption is based on debt therefore......

shotgunner

Sorry to jump in middle of conversation, if I just may mention that more than 70% of USA-GDP is calculated on consumption and as we all know their consumption is based on debt therefore......
therefore all G7, G4 or G2 are myth ...
only G1 matters ... I think India is it

jakojako777

I didn't say that! I was talking about USA GDP and .......yes if you prefer that word their GDP is more like "myth" that doesn't exist any longer just illusion of true power of the past that is not there any longer.............
But as we know they are still (for short time) Super Power as military force...so if anybody has doubt that they are Master of the world they just might use force to convince them otherwise.....

Not G1 or G2,G4,G7,G8 (G2 is just USA game of preserving control and influence just like other G's except G-20)
G7=Western world ( is thing of the past)

ONLY G20 has some sense be cause it can really influence rest of the world:viannen_10:

It is MULTIPOLAR world
ALL other "G" have not much reason to exist any longer (for the moment...)

ppgj

if G1 matters, then it has to be USA because their currency is the most favoured one. if that is replaced they will be out of any Gs because they are the biggest debtors.

badguy2000

Respected Member
if G1 matters, then it has to be USA because their currency is the most favoured one. if that is replaced they will be out of any Gs because they are the biggest debtors.
except to keep buying T-bills of yankees, Chinese government are doing whatever he can do to subvert the hegemony of US dollars,from currency swap agreements to buying up resource on the earth.......

The effect of what CHinese are doing seems unconspicuous,but chinese efforts acton will not be in vain. they are just waitting for chance for appearance.

If USA keeps on abandoning their manufacturing and living on imported material products ,the hegemony of US dollar will collapse suddenly ,just as the supperpower status of Soviet unions did. At that ,US dollars will be as cheap as toilets papers.

maybe in one decade, IMF will describe USA as following:

" the per captial GDP of USA is about 250,000 RMB...."

ppgj

except to keep buying T-bills of yankees, Chinese government are doing whatever he can do to subvert the hegemony of US dollars,from currency swap agreements to buying up resource on the earth.......

The effect of what CHinese are doing seems unconspicuous,but chinese efforts acton will not be in vain. they are just waitting for chance for appearance.

If USA keeps on abandoning their manufacturing and living on imported material products ,the hegemony of US dollar will collapse suddenly ,just as the supperpower status of Soviet unions did. At that ,US dollars will be as cheap as toilets papers.

maybe in one decade, IMF will describe USA as following:

" the per captial GDP of USA is about 250,000 RMB...."
but why you guys have bought into american debt. now you have put yourselves in a corner. they can play around with you. you will be the biggest loser.

badguy2000

Respected Member
but why you guys have bought into american debt. now you have put yourselves in a corner. they can play around with you. you will be the biggest loser.
well, in fact, we are buying up the hegemony of yankees.

if the hegemony of USA can be bought with 2 trillion US dollars ,that is cheap.....we chinese can pay 2 trillion US dollar for it...

we Chinese are different from rude Russians.

Rude Russians just believe that problems can be solves only with muscles eventually .so,
all Russians know is just to box against yankees directly , if Russian want to take hegemony from Yankees.

however,We chinese know how to play the game better than yankees according the current game regulations , although the game regualtions were formulated by west countries..

We also believe that it is the best choice to avoid bleeding. anyhow, it is better to buy hegemony with 2 trillion US dollars than to take hegemony by lauching a war with 2 trillion US dollars.

Now, yankees and west countries are in a embarrassed position,because they can not overthrow the game regulations formulated by themselves,although the game regulations seems better to CHinese now.....

ppgj

sandeepdg

it is just a joke.....pls read more files about the initial stage of captialsim and industrialization in west Europe and USA.....

there was a body of irishman and chinese under every rail of USA's railways.
coal mines in UK were full of child labor ,just because child labor were much more cheaper .

India is not a good example that "
Indian private companies are able to compete on the world stage, buying up Jaguar and British Steel",
because India has more child labour than any other coutries.
You don't get it, do u ! What Known_Unknown meant that what you are claiming about economic powerhouse is that you guys supply cheap labour to every industry which attracts them as it helps them to cut their costs in the world market and stay competitive ! But what is lacking is true innovation, building an industry from scratch, that is what is essential in the long run. The Tatas are able to buy Jaguar,Land Rover, Corus Steel, Tetley Tea and market Tata Nano cars in the world market independently as they have earned the respect of international business community for being able to create a world class organisation form scratch with very modest resources. We don't just supply cheap labour but we also innovate side by side in crucial fields so that we can create an industry at our home and market our products competitively in the world market . Look how we turned into at IT powerhouse within 2 decades !

shotgunner

No, G1 = India, I insist, reaons:
1) Will have bigger GDP or GNP than USA, sometime in the future, say 2050 ... my fortune teller also agrees with me on this ...
2) It is not oriental
3) It is the biggest democracy ... don't argue

I didn't say that! I was talking about USA GDP and .......yes if you prefer that word their GDP is more like "myth" that doesn't exist any longer just illusion of true power of the past that is not there any longer.............
But as we know they are still (for short time) Super Power as military force...so if anybody has doubt that they are Master of the world they just might use force to convince them otherwise.....

Not G1 or G2,G4,G7,G8 (G2 is just USA game of preserving control and influence just like other G's except G-20)
G7=Western world ( is thing of the past)

ONLY G20 has some sense be cause it can really influence rest of the world:viannen_10:

It is MULTIPOLAR world
ALL other "G" have not much reason to exist any longer (for the moment...)
Maybe the word "myth" is over-exagerrating. Much of its GDP is financed by debt, and boosted by govt spending (e.g. defence, war), but no doubt US is still truly a power ahead of others due to its uniqueness (huge immigrant country, size, political stability), just that its relative advantage has much reduced. But US will still be a member of G-XX or whatever we talk about.

Other than US, what countries have strong enough clout? They would then be included in the G-XX. And this G-XX should at least contribute to world economy just as UNSC contributes to world security.

G20? Too big. G7? Outdated. G2? An American plan to drag China into trouble. Also, people should see that Euro zone is showing its homogenuity.

So, G-XX, what is it?

badguy2000

Respected Member
you are risking yourselves. check this fine article i posted on the world economy thread.

The $ reserve currency conundrum- Opinion-The Economic Times

everybody is diversifying their reserves. you are sitting on a time bomb.
in fact, Yankees are sitting on the time bomb...and we chinese are holding the blasting buttons.

what we Chinese worry about is that the time bome is so powerful that the perhaps explosion may blow down our roof,when its break yankee's house into pieces.

but I am sure that Yankees wouldl become homeless beggars ,if the time bome were to explode..although our roof might be blown down...

ppgj

No, G1 = India, I insist, reaons:
1) Will have bigger GDP or GNP than USA, sometime in the future, say 2050 ... my fortune teller also agrees with me on this ...
2) It is not oriental
3) It is the biggest democracy ... don't argue
sarcastic yeah?
3). i am nobody to give sermons on democracy. if you are happy with your system, i am happy for you.
2). no it is occidental..
1). my fortune teller is saying it is G2- USA,China. one is a debtor and the other its creditor!!

badguy2000

Respected Member
sarcastic yeah?
3). i am nobody to give sermons on democracy. if you are happy with your system, i am happy for you.
1). my fortune teller is saying it is G2- USA,China. one is a debtor and the other its creditor!!
that is not G2, that is one hirer and one mercenaries.

the coming world situation will be very ironical:

that is ," Chinese economy rule protected by the bayonets of yankees"

just as what happens in Afghanstan and Iraq....yankee fights and bleeds...then Chinese invest and do business....

ppgj

in fact, Yankees are sitting on the time bomb...and we chinese are holding the blasting buttons.

what we Chinese worry about is that the time bome is so powerful that the perhaps explosion may blow down our roof,when its break yankee's house into pieces.
in your own interest you can't do it. holding US$ at a respectable level is in your interest. even if you start selling part of your asset of the bills, $ will tumble because everybody will start selling too fearing the fall. your exports will suffer like really bad.

shotgunner

You don't get it, do u ! What Known_Unknown meant that what you are claiming about economic powerhouse is that you guys supply cheap labour to every industry which attracts them as it helps them to cut their costs in the world market and stay competitive ! But what is lacking is true innovation, building an industry from scratch, that is what is essential in the long run. The Tatas are able to buy Jaguar,Land Rover, Corus Steel, Tetley Tea and market Tata Nano cars in the world market independently as they have earned the respect of international business community for being able to create a world class organisation form scratch with very modest resources. We don't just supply cheap labour but we also innovate side by side in crucial fields so that we can create an industry at our home and market our products competitively in the world market . Look how we turned into at IT powerhouse within 2 decades !
India is truly innovative ... just look at the patent!
http://www.les-svc.org/Docs/Events2009/SVLES.pdf
Patents ? India Vs. China, Local vs. MNCs ? and spineless Indian IT Companies |Indian IT industry
80% of Indian patents filed by foreigners, a fact that India beats China in internationalisation!

But the evil Amerikans ranked themselves 8th in innovation, and India 46th, how arrogant!
2009 Innovation Index Country Ranking

India Shining!

shotgunner

sarcastic yeah?
3). i am nobody to give sermons on democracy.
Agree.

sarcastic yeah?
Occidental - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Amazing achievement for India, G1!

sarcastic yeah?
Your fortune teller is telling a current fact, bad job, mine is telling future, he says India Shines ... G1

Country flag
Actually the designations of G1,G2,G3 are not good designations for any country to have because once the country makes it to the G1 spot there is only one way for it to go and that is down.

Known_Unknown

Devil's Advocate
there was a body of irishman and chinese under every rail of USA's railways.
coal mines in UK were full of child labor ,just because child labor were much more cheaper .
Yes, and is it any different in today's China? Farmers being thrown off their land without compensation, hundreds of villages drowned under the 3 Gorges Dam, people disappearing for complaining against the authorities, cultural genocide of minorities, etc etc.

Besides, my point stands. No industrializing western nation mortgaged its future on selling cheap goods to the world. They produced and they consumed. Eventually, as they got richer and richer, they moved their factories to the third world so that they could get even more richer.

Indian private companies are able to compete on the world stage, buying up Jaguar and British Steel",because India has more child labour than any other coutries.
That's your response?

So by the same token, can I add that China has developed so fast because it snatched away its people's human rights and made them slaves to foreign FDA? Your country doesn't even afford the basic rights of free movement to Chinese citizens, who are tied to a particular hukou, and are forcibly shipped back to their native village if they are caught in another town or a city. So much for "human rights". Hell, even animals can roam more freely than humans in China.

Also, since you're so sure of your reasons for Indian corporate excellence, can you please provide the statistics on the number of child workers employed by TATA, Reliance, Mahindra or any other large Indian please?

badguy2000

Respected Member
Yes, and is it any different in today's China? Farmers being thrown off their land without compensation, hundreds of villages drowned under the 3 Gorges Dam, people disappearing for complaining against the authorities, cultural genocide of minorities, etc etc.
what a good job CNN-style medias does with you....that is why I always insist that CNN be the cousin of CCTV.

CCTV always tells me that China is a paradise... I always doubt it..

CNN always tells you that CHina is a hell...... you are happy to accept it...

that is the difference between you and me.

Besides, my point stands. No industrializing western nation mortgaged its future on selling cheap goods to the world. They produced and they consumed. Eventually, as they got richer and richer, they moved their factories to the third world so that they could get even more richer.
my point is that every country has to begin with the cheap low-end goods ,then climbing the value-chain gradually and eventually become one of high-tech club.

I always insist that "no pains ,no gains".
obvioulsy ,you are the believers of the tale of "Cinderella" ,and believer that gains can be acquired without pain.

ZOOM

Founding Member
what a good job CNN-style medias does with you....that is why I always insist that CNN be the cousin of CCTV.

CCTV always tells me that China is a paradise... I always doubt it..

CNN always tells you that CHina is a hell...... you are happy to accept it...

that is the difference between you and me.
Certainly thanks for disclosing such a difference. Hey, you know, now a days CNN is also broadcasting tales of Chinese kids like you whereby CCTV is feeding cartoons to kids of your mentality which often shows Original CNN news as propoganda to make you happy and sleep well at night.

my point is that every country has to begin with the cheap low-end goods ,then climbing the value-chain gradually and eventually become one of high-tech club.

I always insist that "no pains ,no gains".
obvioulsy ,you are the believers of the tale of "Cinderella" ,and believer that gains can be acquired without pain.
Your point is perfectly right, we can clearly seen the difference between CCTV cartoons effects on your v/s that of CNN.:thumbs_thmbdn:

Global Defence

New threads

Articles