Will india or (and) china buy s-117 engine?

qilaotou

I think China might be in discussion with Russia on induction of the 14000kg 99M2 engine for J-10B. How much would this 117 cost? 5-6 million USD?

jakojako777

I think China might be in discussion with Russia on induction of the 14000kg 99M2 engine for J-10B. How much would this 117 cost? 5-6 million USD?
To tell you the true I don't know the prices .
I couldn't find them probably be cause they are not officially out yet.
If you find them, it would be nice to post them here:thank_you2:

sandeepdg

I wish the IAF considers the S-117 for its future upgrade on the SU-30 MKI which is essential to keep them fighting fit well into the future.

jakojako777

I wish the IAF considers the S-117 for its future upgrade on the SU-30 MKI which is essential to keep them fighting fit well into the future.
I agree that it is very important to upgrade engine with supercruise capability together with RAM coating AESA radar it will automatically put S-30MKI in 4++ category and prolong service life span of the planes also :)

qilaotou

To tell you the true I don't know the prices .
I couldn't find them probably be cause they are not officially out yet.
If you find them, it would be nice to post them here:thank_you2:
Al-31FN is raised to 40 million USD a piece.

117S might not be suitable to install on the older Su-30MKx frames before their structures intensified.

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag

117S might not be suitable to install on the older Su-30MKx frames before their structures intensified.
No way, those engines are not even $5 million. 117S was not just designed for Su-35BM, but also to refit upgraded legacy Flankers. It will be offered for export. Maybe not to China, but everyone else.

no smoking

Country flag
No way, those engines are not even $5 million. 117S was not just designed for Su-35BM, but also to refit upgraded legacy Flankers. It will be offered for export. Maybe not to China, but everyone else.
Then, as usual, we'll buy it from anyone else. Or just buy the experts who participated in the designing or manufacturing. Everything has the price.

qilaotou

You sound like Vlad, another suit with same color and style. I don't see any substances for you to justify those claims. Are you going to say that you just know em?

jakojako777

OK...do you say it be cause of logic or be cause of information that you got from some official source and if so it would be nice to hear few more details on that subject, how complex and costly those changes might be
(link please if you have one):thank_you2:

jakojako777

BTW I tend to agree with Armand those engines can't be that expensive!
It's more like 4mill.$ rather than 40!
The price of engine can't be equal to price of Flanker!:Laie_46:

jakojako777

" It will be offered for export."

It is already case Armand, that's title of the article as you can see...
The engines will be offered to India first I imagine
(as biggest and most important customer and even more than that, partner in joint venture)for Su-30MKI upgrade and in that case I don't see how they can be offered to China also...
Unless it depends on the contracts with China,... if the upgrades for the SU planes were promised with the planes the are bought by China so Russia doesn't have choice but must sell those engines...
For the moment China didn't have much success in copying other Russian engines so apart from India's veto on sale I don't see that as problem...

I agree with your comment about the price.
It would be nice to know exact price though.

jakojako777

Then, as usual, we'll buy it from anyone else. Or just buy the experts who participated in the designing or manufacturing. Everything has the price.

buy the experts who participated in the designing or manufacturing

Those who wanted to leave left to USA and elsewhere long time ago....
Russia is running out of "experts" and I'm sure that they will take care of the needs of those who are still there.
I doubt that they are for "sale"...
It is also called "national security", to pay those experts well - not to be tempted to become national traitors...

This time there will be no buying "experts"
Russia is no more collapsing Soviet Union

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles