WikiLeaks: The Secret Life of a Superpower - A BBC Documentary

Maharana

A very informative documentary, a must watch. The second part might seem more interesting to many.

Regards.

Part One

Part Two

Last edited by a moderator:

W.G.Ewald

Defence Professionals/ DFI member of 2
Professional
Wikileaks embarrassed the US Department of State. BBC tries to make a mountain out of a molehill. Don't have a clue what CIA/SS is.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
And what do you think it is?
I guess he means a joint operation of US Central Intelligence Agency and the US Secret Service. That does not seem likely to me, if you consider the missions of those two agencies. Wikileaks published diplomatic traffic AFAIK, which is over-classified IMHO.

Do Bradley Manning's lawyers claim he was a CIA operative or working for the Secret Service? They do not.

trackwhack

I guess he means a joint operation of US Central Intelligence Agency and the US Secret Service. That does not seem likely to me, if you consider the missions of those two agencies. Wikileaks published diplomatic traffic AFAIK, which is over-classified IMHO.

Do Bradley Manning's lawyers claim he was a CIA operative or working for the Secret Service? They do not.
" / " does not mean joint. It means either. There is a thread somewhere where we have discussed Assange being a CIA stooge or agent.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
" / " does not mean joint. It means either. There is a thread somewhere where we have discussed Assange being a CIA stooge or agent.
This link is not recent, but it seems to argue against your hypothesis.

Revealed: Assange ‘rape’ accuser linked to notorious CIA operative | The Raw Story
One of the women accusing WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange of sex crimes appears to have worked with a group that has connections to the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA).

W.G.Ewald

Professional
What better way to de-link yourself than leak false info that you are trying to hunt him down. Of course the majority will buy it and that's all they want. I forget the correct adage here.
Logically, I cannot prove Assange is not a CIA operative.

Tronic

What better way to de-link yourself than leak false info that you are trying to hunt him down. Of course the majority will buy it and that's all they want. I forget the correct adage here.
It doesn't make sense for him to be a CIA operative, IMO.

W.G.Ewald

Professional
WikiLeaks: US on Indian Army's Cold Start Doctrine | NDTV.com

Summary: The Indian Army's "Cold Start Doctrine" is a mixture of myth and reality. It has never been and may never be put to use on a battlefield because of substantial and serious resource constraints, but it is a developed operational attack plan announced in 2004 and intended to be taken off the shelf and implemented within a 72-hour period during a crisis. Cold Start is not a plan for a comprehensive invasion and occupation of Pakistan. Instead, it calls for a rapid, time- and distance-limited penetration into Pakistani territory with the goal of quickly punishing Pakistan, possibly in response to a Pakistan-linked terrorist attack in India, without threatening the survival of the Pakistani state or provoking a nuclear response. It was announced by the BJP-led government in 2004, but the government of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh has not publicly embraced Cold Start and GOI uncertainty over Pakistani nuclear restraint may inhibit future implementation by any government. If the GOI were to implement Cold Start given present Indian military capabilities, it is the collective judgment of the Mission that India would encounter mixed results. The GOI failed to implement Cold Start in the wake of the audacious November 2008 Pakistan-linked terror attack in Mumbai, which calls into question the willingness of the GOI to implement Cold Start in any form and thus roll the nuclear dice. At the same time, the existence of the plan reassures the Indian public and may provide some limited deterrent effect on Pakistan. Taken together, these factors underline that the value of the doctrine to the GOI may lie more in the plan's existence than in any real world application. End Summary.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles