Why Zaid Hamid is a success in Pakistani Society?

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
there are many points on which i agree with you both, but my point remains, Ignore 'em
Sar par mat charhao use
I might be wrong with this 'equivalence' thing but he's no Major player & as i said many Media outlets & intellectuals & public are against his crap of RAW/Mossad/CIA nexus, They even make fun of him, So just CHILL
Cool. I know that many in Pakistan are also aghast at this Zaid phenomenon. I hope for their sake that they can stop him.

Frankly, I am personally not so hopeful. Its just like Pakistan deserves him (nothing malicious here) just like Germany deserved Hitler before WW-II. He is a product of the times and you will find out what can't work for you after you have had him once.

I hope I am proved wrong in this.

DaRk WaVe

We are enjoying the show. He is your problem for now, he may become our problem later, so we need to keep an eye while being entertained.

About your word, could you have predicted that Zardari will become your president two years back? If yes, I will "mark your words"! ;)
hahahha, mark my words he's not becoming any leader, coz he is not married to any Benazir :D
even if he did, he will be equivalent of' 'Imran Khan', You all know about Imran Khan

ahmedsid

Top Gun
I still remember Pakistanis online predicting Zardari can never be Pakistani President! The thing with Politics is that you never know what happens! Did anyone foretell Hitlers rise to power??? We should not shrug off such madmen, nip them in the bud! You didnt answer, do you have laws against such genocidal remarks in Pakistan? I mean this guy should be atleast tried even if not jailed for calling for mass murder! God Speed

DaRk WaVe

I still remember Pakistanis online predicting Zardari can never be Pakistani President! The thing with Politics is that you never know what happens! Did anyone foretell Hitlers rise to power??? We should not shrug off such madmen, nip them in the bud! You didnt answer, do you have laws against such genocidal remarks in Pakistan? I mean this guy should be atleast tried even if not jailed for calling for mass murder! God Speed
I never knew you are all so concerned about him, You all know about Imran Khan & Jamat-i-Islami which have more or less similar views,what is their support???
In recent elections do you how many votes they got? not even 5%

Even if he became a leader he be equivalent of Imran Khan, Zardari has used his wife & the support PPP had, Don't mix him with Zion Hamid

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
hahahha, mark my words he's not becoming any leader, coz he is not married to any Benazir :D
even if he did, he will be equivalent of' 'Imran Khan', You all know about Imran Khan
OK, do you thing he has backing of sections of the establishment in what he is doing?

Could he have gone so far, publicly threatening the serving president with "pole hanging" without any support from powerful quarters?

Could he have gotten away with that?

Last edited:

ahmedsid

Top Gun
I never knew you are all so concerned about him, You all know about Imran Khan & Jamat-i-Islami which have more or less similar views,what is their support???

Even if he became a leader he be equivalent of Imran Khan, Zardari has used his wife & the support PPP had, Don't mix him with Zion Hamid
Has Imran Khan called for Killing of Hindus without taking prisoners? I really dont know, I always thought that guy was friendly towards India, always in Mumbai promoting this or that. Just a doubt. What about the JI? They too calling for the same like Zaid Hamid?

Yes, Happy to see them loose their votes, but maybe that was because of the sympathy wave for Bibi! God Speed

DaRk WaVe

OK, do you thing he has backing of sections of the establishment in what he is doing?

Could he have gone so far, publicly threatening the serving president with "pole hanging" without any support from powerful quarters?

Could he have gone away with that?
actually i didnt got your meaning, can you be more precise :-(

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador

The simple answer is, he is a better demagogue than Imran and the JEI.

Whether he can succeed as a political leader is open to question. I think he may enter power through some kind of back door.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
actually i didnt got your meaning, can you be more precise :-(
Replace the Establishment with ISI and sections of PA.

Could he openly abuse and threaten the serving president and government without powerful backers and get away with it?

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Has Imran Khan called for Killing of Hindus without taking prisoners? I really dont know, I always thought that guy was friendly towards India, always in Mumbai promoting this or that. Just a doubt. What about the JI? They too calling for the same like Zaid Hamid?

Yes, Happy to see them loose their votes, but maybe that was because of the sympathy wave for Bibi! God Speed
Actually, I see Imran as quite hostile to India. He has shown his support for Taliban quite openly.

I have seen enough of him to know that the modern veneer is just skin thick. He is implacably hostile to India.

He is a good social worker and was a great cricketer. His politics sucks.

DaRk WaVe

Replace the Establishment with ISI and sections of PA.

Could he openly abuse and threaten the serving president and government without powerful backers and get away with it?
Impossible, he has in his mind theory of Good & Bad Taliban, While GoP is going for all kinds of Taliban (arrest of Mullah Bradar)
you think if ISI is behind him, then they would have used such an 'absurd theory', We don't have Gestapo & Hitler's propaganda ministry, He's working for himself

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Impossible, he has in his mind theory of Good & Bad Taliban, While GoP is going for all kinds of Taliban (arrest of Mullah Bradar)
you think if ISI is behind him, then they would have used such an 'absurd theory', We don't have Gestapo & Hitler's propaganda ministry, He's working for himself
Well, good and bad Taliban has been a pet theory of Pakistan till not so long back!

My question is still unanswered. Working alone, he couldn't have gotten away with what he says. There is some organization behind him. An individual can't move so fast and organize so much. It takes massive funds for the kind of propaganda he indulges in.

DaRk WaVe

Well, good and bad Taliban has been a pet theory of Pakistan till not so long back!

My question is still unanswered. Working alone, he couldn't have gotten away with what he says. There is some organization behind him. An individual can't move so fast and organize so much. It takes massive funds for the kind of propaganda he indulges in.
ohh come on this theory is been negated by the events which have taken place :)

as for funds, if he will gain popularity he will gain funds & donations, I don't think there is any organization behind him(talk about conspiracy theories), Even for going to his speeches you need to buy 'ticket'

you really don't what is 'position'(to be more precise 'hesiat', no appropriate English word is coming to my mind now) of our Mr President, unfortunately ;)

anyways have to study, see ya

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
ohh come on this theory is been negated by the events which have taken place :)
Not so. But that would be another discussion. New information coming in doesn't suggest this.

as for funds, if he will gain popularity he will gain funds & donations, I don't think there is any organization behind him(talk about conspiracy theories), Even for going to his speeches you need to buy 'ticket'
Well, I won't say any more than what I have done already. He may have become self sustaining now, he still needed that initial push. The chicken and egg problem, you see.

you really don't what is 'position'(to be more precise 'hesiat', no appropriate English word is coming to my mind now) of our Mr President, unfortunately ;)
I guess I have a fair idea. Speaking publicly on TV of that "haisityat" is a different matter. Talking openly of hanging him from a pole is still different. It needs some powerful backers imho.

anyways have to study, see ya
See ya!

DaRk WaVe

Let me give you a recent example, Elections were held on Vacant seat in Rawalpindi, Main Candidates were
1) Seikh Rashid, Agenda was was welfare of 'comon man'
2) A candidate from Nawaz Sharif's party, Forget his name lol, agenda was same no America CIA BS
3 & 4) Candidate from PTI(Imran Khan Party) & JI, agenda, talks with taliban, go away america all CIA/Mossad Nexus, Black water, khilafat stuff

Results, Person from Nawaz's party 84K votes, Sheikh Rashid 60K votes & rest of two from PTI & JI 2K & 3K votes respectively, now tell me with all your honesty what do you think?

Even if Zion Hamid became leader he won't have any broad support

Solid Beast

A quote I found online, tracked down the user and asked him to expand on certain parts... here

Zaid Zaman Hamid is a self described strategic and defence analyst, a freelancer if you will, but in reality his portfolio of companies are actually subsidiaries and beneficiaries of the Pakistan government specifically for Pakistan army establishment, and specifically intelligence as his battle is for your mind.... The purpose of Pakistan defence and intelligence community is to defend the nation. But when they try to convince the nation through their “special” teachers that “army rule, direct on indirect is the only way of life”, they become ugliest to us and friction is created between establishment and people, the rulers and the ruled.
Zaid tries to make the image of army good in the eyes of people through Islamic oriented lectures, while others like MQM, ANP and PPP work on secular lines for the same agenda.
People like Zaid Zaman Hmaid are the need for establishment as the establishment, specifically the religious and military elite class has lost the blind support of the conservative religious mind in Pakistan, which is a dangerous sign for them
I guess what this person is trying to point at is that there is a lot of symbolism at play behind Zaid Hamid. I do believe the Pakistani security establishment aka the ruling class is under grave threat from the public as they have lost a lot of support over the past 10 years. First they have lost support from the religious class as pointed out above, mostly through actions like Lal Masjid operation, aiding ISAF in Afghanistan, and in general participation in the WoT and collusion with outside forces. More importantly though, the establishment has lost much faith from the liberal class as slowly it became known who was putting money and ammunition in the pockets of the Taliban for well over a decade. This large societal confusion is trying to be controlled, damage control if you will, through non government actors like Zaid Hamid. More are to follow in my opinion, most definitely. Thankfully Zaid Hamid's cover was blown by Pakistani's themselves with regards to the Yusuf Kazzab speech that was covertly recorded. Next time we might not be so lucky. The war for your minds is broiling away, and without damage control anarchy and civil disobedience would be rife...

Last edited:

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
I remember reading somewhere that he came somewhere near the top in a poll for Pakistan's future leaders.

johnee

Zaid "Yousof kassab" Hamid has been chosen wisely. If ever he grows too big for his boots, his past will brought into picture. So, I dont think he stands a realistic chance unless it is planned by PA.

The first article of this thread is spot on and a must read, it just explains everything about the success of Zaid Hamid. The other point that the article makes is that the real audience of Zaid are not the rural or middle class but the rich, pampered, elite kids of Pakistan.

Most of his theories are non-sensical but the ultimate conclusion portrays the PA in favourable light and his pet theme Ghazwa-e-Hind forces his audience to worship PA.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
Thankfully Zaid Hamid's cover was blown by Pakistani's themselves with regards to the Yusuf Kazzab speech that was covertly recorded.
What is this about? I know there is some controversy about this but not aware of this recording.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Zaid Hamid, is not a leader, nor will he ever become one. He is a puppet of a certain quarter of the Pak establishment to turn the public opinion in their favor. Pakistani media is heavily biased and controlled. Infact Pakistan is bombarded with so much propaganda, it is surprising to find sections of society that are non-partisan and objective.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles