Why You Should Never Watch RT -- Ever!

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
If you want f$i RT is not the one to watch.
I was, in my post #19, pointing out your fail in post # 18.

I don't understand this post though. f$ i, what's that?

Last edited:

Abhishek Tanwar

Sorry man but RT is relay good news channel just not because it's a reality area ,it's also cover both of sides .this news channel also challenges west pro propaganda , if you are not agree with that but i am sure that you will like different view .RT REPORT on Ukraine crisis is best coverage because it's verified by Ukraine people.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
After Modi's victory, there's a drop in positive coverage of events in India by RT. Could it be because Russians and Nehru-Gandhis go way back, or because Putin sold Russia's soul to China for $450 billion?

apple

14. You are tired of the Simpsons tv show and want something equally intelligent and funny.
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Fail.
The Heading is "Why You Should Never Watch RT -- Ever!"
:lol:
Looks like you should stick to CNN, BBC, Simpsons, Jetsons, Flintstones and Tom & Jerry :thumb:
No, it's an irony comprehension fail on your part, Razor. Which itself is ironic given RT's story was a poor attempt at being ironic.

RT reminds me of Al Jazeera and both of them disturb me. Not so much because they are "balanced" or anti- Western (they'll have to try much harder to damage Western interests as much as, off the top of my head, the Guardian and The New York Times have) but more for how stupid they are. As a human, I'm really disappointed that there are people naive and gullible enough (or so full of hate) that RT's/ Al Jazeera's reporting seems reasonable.

pmaitra

After Modi's victory, there's a drop in positive coverage of events in India by RT. Could it be because Russians and Nehru-Gandhis go way back, or because Putin sold Russia's soul to China for $450 billion?
There are quite a few sources in Russia that are betting big on BRICS and India, but I have seen one RT video that was particularly negative of India. It has been posted somewhere in DFI.

india twentyone

I found a few months old article from the leading American think tank Carnegie Endowment for International Peace:
http://m.ceip.org/moscow/eurasiaoutlook/?fa=56193&lang=ru

About NSA Ajit Doval it says:

As for the prime minister's inner circle, the legendary figure of the National Security Advisor Ajit Kumar Doval looms particularly large. This post cannot fit all of his famous exploits, and many pages of his biography still remain classified. But even the known facts testify to his knowledge of Russia and a long record of cooperation with this country. As a head of the Intelligence Bureau's operation wing in the 1990's—the post he had held for ten years, Ajit Doval was involved in organizing the effort to assist Afghanistan's Northern Alliance, which was supported by Russia, India, and Iran. It is clear that he had numerous contacts with the Russian side in the course of the three country's cooperation on this issue.

Sameet Pattnaik

Except DD news I dont watch any neither CNN , CCTV , RT , BBC , PRESS TV and the last AL Jazeera this all are propoganda machine use both truth and lies from personal benefits !

pmaitra

Why Can't the American Government Stop Talking about RT?

Two reasons:
  • It is fully aware of the broad, global reach RT has.
  • The news RT reports is not the news the US wants people be informed of.

Andrey Panevin [SOURCE]

In the current climate of political Russophobia, the American Government just can't stop talking about RT News (Russia Today). Secretary of State John Kerry has blasted it as a "propaganda bullhorn."

The Chair of the US Broadcasting Board of Governors labelled it beside Boko Haram and ISIS and now Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland has called it a broadcaster of "untruths"¦with a tiny, tiny viewership."

The obvious question to ask is, why do they insist on talking about RT if it really is all the things they call it? The answer is just as obvious. It is because they understand that RT is the opposite of all of these things, and people are beginning to find out.

The truth of the matter is that RT is BY FAR the most watched online news source, outstripping its nearest competitors by millions of views. In fact RT recently counted a record two billion views on YouTube. To say that the company has minimal viewership is a blatant lie and the US government knows it.

To call it propaganda is a question of semantics. It is true that RT presents news that is rarely critical of the Russian government. But the fact that it is a news company coming from the Russian government's point of view is something RT has never hidden.

To simply label the company as a 'propaganda bullhorn' as John Kerry did, is admitting two things. The first is that the US government is fully aware of the broad, global reach that RT has. The second is that the news that RT reports is not the news that the US government wants people be informed of.

RT is known for its in-depth reporting on the west's disastrous interventions in the Middle-East and Ukraine and the general decline of the western political system.

It regularly features guests such as Noam Chomsky, Glenn Greenwald and Julian Assange, as well as a range of outspoken commentators who voice opinions that do not fall in line with US State Department output. Assange even hosted a series of interviews with prominent anti-imperialist figures such as Tariq Ali, Rafael Correa and Sayyid Nasrallah among others.

The United States, which claims to be the home of free speech and liberty, will not tolerate any such free speech that counters its own factory-like output of propaganda.

Noam Chomsky famously said of American media that "any dictator would admire (its) uniformity and obedience." This quote best sums up why Chomsky is regularly interviewed by RT and not the American mainstream media.

Now more than ever the as the US government is looking to silence dissent at home and abroad, it will also look to silence alternative news outlets such as Russia Today.

What needs to be remembered by the people is not that they are obliged to watch RT or any other news program, but that they have the freedom and the choice to do so.

jouni

Tshering22

Sikkimese Saber
Country flag
I would trust RT analysis more than even NDTV, Aaj Tak and ABP News and IBN-7. These channels have become just like their western owners.

RT has one of the finest balance of news in international media.

Whether it si covering Greek crisis, bombing of Yugoslavia or anything else, they come out with the finest of balance.

The only reason they use neocon assaults on Russian media is because they cannot bomb the RT building in Moscow.

Chaffers

I do watch ndtv sometimes... Can't say it's as concise as rt. Interesting to see that the minutae of small trade deals is news worthy though.

Hardi

mostly.
your view.. is effected.. with Us.. citizenship..

us not like Rus
nd their RT TV too..

it's naturally.
like iOA decision..is also seen by Political... not by wada rules..

I do watch ndtv sometimes... Can't say it's as concise as rt. Interesting to see that the minutae of small trade deals is news worthy though.
my dear British..
ur Bbc is also.. following this rules.. nd u don't mind it.

bbc al time anti indian news in their channel.. nd site..
all time wrack news. of india...

I think british still thunk that.. indian people only poof the snake bin..

I would trust RT analysis more than even NDTV, Aaj Tak and ABP News and IBN-7. These channels have become just like their western owners.

RT has one of the finest balance of news in international media.

Whether it si covering Greek crisis, bombing of Yugoslavia or anything else, they come out with the finest of balance.

The only reason they use neocon assaults on Russian media is because they cannot bomb the RT building in Moscow.
yes nd mostly..
aAj tak, got big name ibn7 is anti government..abp news just make controversial news..

Ndtv.. whos Anchor barkha passed all limit... when.. a puppet terrorists killed by our security forces in j-k..

zee news... editor Sudhir Choudhary is on off the good character u can says because he only talking about our country nd need news..

not new topic..
this is.. Russian all time tagged on us.
nd
same bu Russia.. do with s

8. RT has broadcast documentaries on the wars in Yugoslavia which don't blame the Serbs for everything

This is totally unacceptable.

An elderly woman carries her belongings November 22 in Sarajevo's war shattered airport settlement. (Reuters)
Nd CNN never news on real story :Rise of ISIS..
Or what is correct reson to war in iraq?

do you need to think isis is purely products of us alies..
Wrong war on Iraq..nd after war they just left immediately..(provocked by us people in us)
how selfish ur.. u just war on country because of saddam Hussain??
what crap story... it was..??? us knows no budy can questions to them.( due to super power post) but u can see our u partner UK not put it down..nd Tony blair had to given lot of answer nd lots of things though nd lie story..

this world know what behind the all.. Oil. nd petrol.

Last edited by a moderator:

pmaitra

Nd CNN never news on real story :Rise of ISIS..
Or what is correct reson to war in iraq?

do you need to think isis is purely products of us alies..
Wrong war on Iraq..nd after war they just left immediately..(provocked by us people in us)
how selfish ur.. u just war on country because of saddam Hussain??
what crap story... it was..??? us knows no budy can questions to them.( due to super power post) but u can see our u partner UK not put it down..nd Tony blair had to given lot of answer nd lots of things though nd lie story..

this world know what behind the all.. Oil. nd petrol.
Hello there! I am Indian, and I have nothing to do with invading Iraq or the oil/petrol stuff you have written.

There is a massive Indian Flag to the top-left of my avatar. The US Flag at the bottom-right is IP controlled.

P.S.: Please introduce yourself in the Greetings section.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles