Why Tejas Mk2 (MWF) Will Be Important

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag

Delta wing with canards and a single F414 engine, Tejas is looking more and more like a Gripen.
Other than those specifications it's nothing like Gripen. It has more the 10m² extra wing area, compound delta wings, 110+KN class co-developed engine (or maybe GE414 EPE).
Looks completely different too... Mirage-Tejas difference.

With the 6G-restriction Tejas Mark1's manoeuvres are already at par with Gripen A/B/C/D's... 16-20sec loop, 18-21sec minimum radius turn.

Last edited:

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Tejas Mk2 is a testimony of Progress we made in the area of Aerodynamics. 6.3 ton payload is not a joke. Even mighty MKI carries some 8 tons and Rafale a bit more. A single engine fighter carrying a 6.3 ton load is a great achievement in itself. Even if I consider Dry thrust 64 Kn, it easily surpasses the thumb rule of Dry thrust X2.5/10= MTOW. It is not possible for any fighter to achieve such a high T/MTOW ratio. Look at the Tejas Mk1. It has Just ideal ratio of 2.5 i.e 54X2.5/10= 13.5 tons which is the MTOW of tejas Mk1.

This very high MTOW will provide great flexibility to Mk2 to be used in many roles. It can substitute MKI in many roles and missions which is simply great and highly cost effective.

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Other than those specifications it's nothing like Gripen. It has more the 10m² extra wing area, compound delta wings, 110+KN class co-developed engine (or maybe GE414 EPE).
Looks completely different too... Mirage-Tejas difference.

With the 6G-restriction Tejas Mark1's manoeuvres are already at par with Gripen A/B/C/D's... 16-20sec loop, 20sec minimum radius turn.
GE 414 EPE shall be a 116 KN engine.

tejascot

That's true but I will compare only air combat. J 20 is advertised as stealth but MKIs easily detected them with even no AESA radar. Mk2 with AESA can detect and engage J 20 from a great distance and engage it.
No source claims but iaf uses tejas lsp or pv in combat exercise
Iron fist ,vayu shakti ,gagan shakti and more these tejas jet uses for weapon testing
This is a lsp tejas
exvs18.jpg

Sent from my Alfa L using Tapatalk

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
That's true but I will compare only air combat. J 20 is advertised as stealth but MKIs easily detected them with even no AESA radar. Mk2 with AESA can detect and engage J 20 from a great distance and engage it.
They were most likely feeding us wrong data, or the J-20 may have been facing away...Overconfidence is the last thing we need.

If MWF (officially to have semi-stealth) has RCS less then 0.1m² then it should be able to close in & take on a J-20 in WVR combat.

tejascot

Tejas may be flying in the West aleady in CAPs. Who knows.
Local weapons are always the first to be tested in battle. This has always been the case.
Yes u r right some tejas r flown western front not only for cap role but also cas role

tejascot

They were most likely feeding us wrong data, or the J-20 may have been facing away...Overconfidence is the last thing we need.

If MWF (officially to have semi-stealth) has RCS less then 0.1m² then it should be able to close in & take on a J-20 in WVR combat.
Mfw jet RCS value going to be 0.0 it's a semi stealth value

tejascot

What makes you think that had Tejas would have participated in Air Raid instead of Mirage 2000, Chinese systems would have stopped it?

Mk2 shall definately be better than F 16 in many aspects and match Gripen E. It will surpass Gripen E in terms of Higher T/W ratio due to low weight and higher power engine. It should easily Match Gripen E in electronics i.e Radar, EW and others. I had compared Old design of Mk2 with Gripen c/d and it had rocked the net because of its only one of its kind article. Since Tejas Mk2 specifications are out now and Gripen E is flying now, it is the time to compare Tejas Mk2 with Gripen E. Let me have some time. I will compare both.
Bro it's depends on situation tejas jet weapon or jamming pods, our radar range our terrain situation tejas jet specially designed for himalaya regions tejas TWR are better for this regions tejas wing loading r lower than to j10 j11 jets so it's achive 35degree of aoa in himalaya
Tejas size r small than the chinese jets
Or smaller RCS value it make tough cimpetitor for chinese and they also equiped the bhramose missile in future so tejas rise a difficulty 3 times more for chinese
Tejas jet easily maneuvering in himalaya regions because of small size and they fly lower in himalaya regions (ghatiyan }

tejascot

[emoji871][emoji871][emoji871]

tejascot

Those seem like the requirments... as i know Tejas doesn't have +9 G-limit.

Latest reliable news from 2019 the max achieved AoA is 26, targeted to make it 28-30 in Mark 1A.
Where do you get that "35° AoA in Himalaya" from?
Your means mig21 better than tejas mk1 in AOA 30/28
And u mean this article is wrong tejas mk1 not achive 35 deg of AOA on battle field in high speed 1.8 mach

Bleh

Laughing member
Country flag
Your means mig21 better than tejas mk1 in AOA 30/28
And u mean this article is wrong tejas mk1 not achive 35 deg of AOA on battle field in high speed 1.8 mach

...But that article does not say that Tejas has achieved angle of attack of 35°. It just states the design requirements are to achieve it.
You'll notice that it's also written +9 G limit, but it's a known fact that's not true yet.

And link I shared is also very reliable, if not THE most reliable.

pc982449

Why important because not buy any more fighter to other countries
F16
Gripen e
Gripen ng

patriots

Defense lover
Country flag
Some misconceptions.....

1.current mig29s in offer from Russia are just to add a fighter to overcome the shortfall in as quick as possible......in current war scenario

2.mmrca 2 of 110 fighter s are to fillup the shortfall of Sqaurdon s which should be 44(two front war scenario)
Now stands with 31 (officialy),which is depleting day by day
3.tejas ioc,foc and mk1a are to replace mig21 bison,mig21 ,mig27 and its requirement is 123
So...16 tejas ioc+16 tejas foc +8 trainers
Then 83 mk1a
4.tejas mk2 aka mwf which will replace mig29,mirage2000 in future if it comes in time after 2030..or unwards(200 is the requirements)

4.amca is there as 5th generation platform(don't know the number),it will counter threats from Chinese and Pakistan 5th generation fighter (can expect in 2030) and that time only 5th generation fighter will be your front line fighter s
6.again china is making its airforce larger...and Pakistan is getting jf17 (cheap) fighter s....so we need more fighters
7.china and Pakistan has air defense system s...,so you need more fighter s just to cross the area
So...don't say we don't need f16...or mig29....
Tejas mk1a can't replace.....f16 or f18..or mig29.....
Again more fighter s give u different weapon platform s....which mirage 2000 done for us in balakot....
Sukhoi with brahmos will do for us...
And tejas with derby....will do for us

sathya

Country flag
Lot of optimism in this thread.
N Mk2 will be the first to roll out. .

By that Vayu aerospace article, should happen in August 2020. ( I hope that article is true even if there is delay of 6 months )

That ll fly with F414InS6 not EPE or EDE yet.

Power plant for Mk1A itself is not ordered still. Requires 3 years minimum to receive after we sign the deal. So how the wait is still not known.

It could be GeF404 In20 for mk1A - - GE 414 Enhanced engine for Mk2

Or

Kaveri V1 for mk1A to Kaveri V2 for Mk2
( Speculating here )

HariPrasad-1

Country flag
Bro it's depends on situation tejas jet weapon or jamming pods, our radar range our terrain situation tejas jet specially designed for himalaya regions tejas TWR are better for this regions tejas wing loading r lower than to j10 j11 jets so it's achive 35degree of aoa in himalaya
Tejas size r small than the chinese jets
Or smaller RCS value it make tough cimpetitor for chinese and they also equiped the bhramose missile in future so tejas rise a difficulty 3 times more for chinese
Tejas jet easily maneuvering in himalaya regions because of small size and they fly lower in himalaya regions (ghatiyan }

In its testing in Himalayas , Tejas easily carried 2.5 ton payload which its designers thought it may carry at Max . Surpasing all the expectation of its designers, Tejas carried that weight very easily in Himalayas. I remember the statement of a scientist saying that there is a great possibility off putting greater weiwht on Tejas for Himalayan region operations

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles