WHY STILL INDIA PURCHASING OLD ERA BMP 2 APC?

Which APC carrier suits Indian conditions?

• BMP 3

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Tata KESTREL

Votes: 10 76.9%
  • M113 APC

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

Vaisakh

I been reading an article the morning there I got to know the importance of APC(armoured personal carrier).

I am wondering why Indian government is purchasing BMP 2 again for the army.

Have a look at chineese new APC,ZBL- 09
download.jpg

I don't think that our army current APC program to purchase BMP carrier is not a good decision.

Hari Sud

Country flag
Do not read too much in Vivek Raghuvanshi's article in Defence News. He is a paid journalist of the arms merchants. He writes what they want him to write about Indian arms purchase, if these are from Russia.

BMP -2 is a very popular Russian design. It is very cheap compared to the European designs. It is upgradable to the best Western standards and will still be cheaper. Moreover Indian Army has hundreds of these, hence will find it easier to absorb this technology. Any other brand will require retraining.

Bornubus

Chodi Bhakt & BJPig Hunter
Few corrections needed here BMP 2 and BMP 3 are not APCs but IFV,M- 113 is an APC with an ancient design,retired by several countries as its unfit for modern warfare,its armor can be penetrated by AP round of anti material rifle which will kill everyone inside .... so it was and never will be a choice.

BMP 3 was rejected by the army long ago instead they decided to upgrade 1500 ~ BMP 2 for mechanized infantry,also Israel can upgrade it better than anyone.

Induction of Kestrel is unclear however its indigenous and looks equivalent to their counterparts.

punjab47

महाबलामहावीर्यामहासत्यपराक्रमासर्वाग्रेक्षत्रियाजट
Banned
Probably because it works and most new features we don't need in 3.

Just put new electronics which we're good at plus some atgm and you have modern equivalent of the jeeps at Longewal.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles