Why so many Indian members in Pakistan forums?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajay_ijn

Country flag
if mods think this is a controversial topic, then they can close it.

Its not that there are no other options at all. there is always BR, there are other international forums like world affairs board and now DFI and many others which i dunno about. but why pakistan forums?
why actually drives people to choose Pakistan defence forums?

some say its to prove something. but are we assuming that Pakistan members are actually going to listen to us while you guyz dictate them?

some might have curiosity over what Pakistanis discuss and how would they react if we post XYZ about India or Indo-Pakistan issues.

i don't want to offend members who are already part of Pakistani forums in anyway. but i just want to know about it.

wouldn't Pakistani members get annoyed or frustrated when you start writing about something which is sensitive issue about them? that would be a hell of headache to those mods who will be unable to decide to what to do in that case?

i personally have felt that with chinese members in IDF. I would get frustrated, its a like battlefield on forum and unable to know to what to do. you would think you organised forum well with good qualitative discussions happening and suddenly these flame wars begin from no where. People would suddenly get uber patriotic and start arguing endlessly and then begins the use of derogatory words. chinese member would say something about India or vice versa. finally members would warned or banned or topic would get locked. A seeminly nice looking topic with decent discussions can turn into something like that.

shouldn't we try and avoid such things?

with somebody like pakistan, our arch-rival. such things can be rarely avoided because its a defence forum.
if it was a forum about movies, entertainment, culture or arts then such friction can be easily avoided because they are faraway from rivalry.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
For a debate you need opposing POVs. You don't have a debate when everyone has the same views and is urging each other on.

I think the need to understand the others perspective and to put forward your own is the primary motive for serious members.

Heated debate is not necessarily bad, sometimes it brings out the best in you and makes the forum interesting.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
To learn more about the other side I guess. BR is a very one sided biased site in which indian Muslims too are looked with a wary eye. You cannot expand you thoughts if you don't go out and explore.

Even over here we are trying to get a lot of international posters Pakistanis and Chinese included so that we can see through their minds too. It's always good to know how your enemy thinks isn't it? We cannot stay in a false sense.

ajay_ijn

Country flag
For a debate you need opposing POVs. You don't have a debate when everyone has the same views and is urging each other on.

I think the need to understand the others perspective and to put forward your own is the primary motive for serious members.

Heated debate is not necessarily bad, sometimes it brings out the best in you and makes the forum interesting.
but debate turns into heated debated and then flame wars, abusing other countries or members, slang words etc. It happens more often in case of controversial topics like historical conflicts.

Its difficult to control members because most think its the question of the country, patriotism, chauvinism. feelings run high and detabe becoming battlefield of arguments, abuse each other. other kind are trollers who deliberately tries to start such arguments, test other members patience.

mods have to always look deep into every single post in that topic to control members. It would be not be possible monitor such topics or forum 24X7 so such things can easily spiral out of control.

its not that we need other countries members to have opposite pov. or vice versa. I myself had heated arguments with other Indian members for pages together without abusing each other.

ajay_ijn

Country flag
To learn more about the other side I guess. BR is a very one sided biased site in which indian Muslims too are looked with a wary eye. You cannot expand you thoughts if you don't go out and explore.

Even over here we are trying to get a lot of international posters Pakistanis and Chinese included so that we can see through their minds too. It's always good to know how your enemy thinks isn't it? We cannot stay in a false sense.
Its a must to know what our enemy thinks of us but the problem comes with other disagreeing about it, starting to use abusive language.

ok back to the topic.

i still do find unusually large of number of members in Pakistan forums many of them are seniors with who regularly post.
Its like some prefer to stay more in Pakistan forums than in Indian ones.

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
but debate turns into heated debated and then flame wars, abusing other countries or members, slang words etc. It happens more often in case of controversial topics like historical conflicts.

Its difficult to control members because most think its the question of the country, patriotism, chauvinism. feelings run high and detabe becoming battlefield of arguments, abuse each other. other kind are trollers who deliberately tries to start such arguments, test other members patience.

mods have to always look deep into every single post in that topic to control members. It would be not be possible monitor such topics or forum 24X7 so such things can easily spiral out of control.

its not that we need other countries members to have opposite pov. or vice versa. I myself had heated arguments with other Indian members for pages together without abusing each other.
It is the problems of the individuals who indulge in such trolling behavior and it can even happen within people from one country too.

For me, there is no fun to debate if we don't get views from different people from different background and countries.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Its a must to know what our enemy thinks of us but the problem comes with other disagreeing about it, starting to use abusive language.
its pity when Indians are abused and bullied over there, but they are not able to answer back as they will ban them straight away.

ajay_ijn

Country flag
It is the problems of the individuals who indulge in such trolling behavior and it can even happen within people from one country too.

For me, there is no fun to debate if we don't get views from different people from different background and countries.
what ur talking is fine on paper but practically speaking such things happen less with people from same country and much more with people from different countries.

the reason is its a defence forum. we discuss about conflicts between different countries, foreign relations, international politics, military build up, XYZ Vs ABC, who is better, which is the best in military hardware of different countries.

another problem which moderators face is if they are from an Indian defence forum and if they act strictly neutral if Indian member and other countries are using abusive language. they are being accused of not biased and supportive of that other countries member.

most members would think - this is Indian forum, Indians will be always given extra importance compared to others and when they are not, they will feel like being alienated and no better than international forums.

but if its an international forum. we can be strictly neutral but still even there members from one region of the world tend to dominate .

indian_sukhoi

I do understand Ajay point of view!!!

There were lot of Indian and Chinese member dragged to flame War in IDF. We had a lot of problems controlling it, Mostly we would have no option rather to ban those members especially chinese guys. Iam sure this should be the same situation happening in Pak Forums.
One drop of poison is enough to spoil the whole water. We cant always make sure to prevent any flame post.

We need to try to avoid any kind of situations that may can lead to flame topic. Mods of DFI are working great and coming up with quick decisions.
Three Cheers to them.

Now coming to Desi Members joining Pak forums. Well Obviously you can expect something like that for sure.
PDF was the reason why i joined IDF and started learning about all this stuff. It will sure drags you to join a Pak forum to support your views and defend you country reputation. Recently, Iam not active in Pak forum anymore and decided to move to other forums because there is no need of it anymore. They are many others to cover it.
The more hatred you show, the more Indians will join.

You need to have opposing POVs to Debate for a fruitful discussions, but offcourse its not an Neccessity. All you need is Exrta work to done.

Cheers,

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
I think it is good to have ppl on def.pk interacting with them made me think of them as humans not Indians.
However, I started hating India again when i joined Def.in after reading articles about Pakistan which are absolutely not true, Indian refusing to acknowledge anything written by a Pakistani calling it typical Pakistani Mentality and Indian making fun of things like planting trees.

Vikramaditya

Country flag
I think it is good to have ppl on def.pk interacting with them made me think of them as humans not Indians.
However, I started hating India again when i joined Def.in after reading articles about Pakistan which are absolutely not true, Indian refusing to acknowledge anything written by a Pakistani calling it typical Pakistani Mentality and Indian making fun of things like planting trees.
Ya we can understand why.........

ajay_ijn

Country flag
that is the problem. Its difficult to act with patience and acknowledge other point of views especially when it comes to India and Pakistan. Even defence experts argue endlessly on television debates. you and I would always want defend respestive countries and accuse the other, thats what we have been taught from the beginning, from our child hood, teachers, education, experts, television, movies etc all create this one-sided POV.

Only internet is one of the places where we would get a clear POV from both sides but our minds have been filled so much stuff that we just can't seem to accept that POV, our minds and hearts simply and outrightly reject them because of lot of inbuilt bias built up from our childhood.

so much love for our own country and so much hatred for our enemy, we just don't seem care about facts. biased analysis, biased opinions, biased conclusions, biased decisions.

indian_sukhoi

musa bhai,....I think you new to Forums!! :)

Welcome to our World then, I can understand you feelings. This is what happens in India-Pak Forums. Read my post above.
I can show a hell lot of Pak biased forums which abused Indians like anything. Its a never ending story that turns nowhere.

If you think DFI is showing Hatred then what do you think about PDF and others???. I am watching they hatred from many years and tried my best to bring Cool and mature discussions but rather ended up negative.

DFI was started recently and shows no kind of Hatred on any countries. The Mods doing their best to avoid these kind misunderstandings. Offcoure there are lot of flame post, but they are made by bot sides. We should no difference between Countries origin. DFI banned many Indians who were flaming and showing hatred against other countries and will do in future.

My Small request,......Try to be active more in DFI. Represent you country here and start coming up with Topics like Defence and other stuff. We will support your views no matter what.

Neo

Sanest reply sofar, well said mate! :113:

I personally had no problem with any Indian forum because when ever I visit one I know my limits, I'm there as a guest and no way I would abuse the hospitality endorsed to me.

So basically all depends on one's own attitude. I have a lot of friends here but no enemies.

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Have you read the Nayyar Report
A report written by SDPI. I have an experience of working with them, I have found them to a lier in order to get grants from foreign donors.
Regarding text books in Pakistan. Since last 15 years courses have been revised and when i see my kids books, i do not see them biased infact they study history books published Oxford Press.

shravan

Regarding text books in Pakistan. Since last 15 years courses have been revised and when i see my kids books, i do not see them biased infact they study history books published Oxford Press.
Is you kid in English Medium school & aiming for O and A level examinations of the British universities ?

musalman

پاکستان زنده باد
Country flag
Is you kid in English Medium school & aiming for O and A level examinations of the British universities ?
English yes but an Islamic school :)
Dude even Urdu schools uses Oxford books now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles