Why Saab 2000? to match Phalcon or otherwise.

..Azad

Hi guys,

Today in the morning after a long time i visited a purist forum, the first thing I came across is that there was some chest thumping and sweet distribution on Saab 2000 Awacs.

“Hey guys we have pak answer to Indian Phalcon”
“ Our vintage designs are now a match with Indian latest”
Some note pakistani verbs

Is that so? Is Saab 2000 is a pak answer to Phalcon? Is this really a Air-to-Air upmanship between IAF and PAF? The answer is no.
Pakistani can never, in future be any match to Indian, be it Saab or be it any Chinese copied fighter. And without going into all this obvious ornateness let me come to the real issue here. Why amid all the financial crisis Pakistanis are getting these Saab’s.

The answer lies in the Sir creek. Remember esteemed members THIS IS THE LAST YEAR TO RESOLVE THIS ISSUE BILATERALLY , failing so then this issue under the UN Convention on Law of the Sea, will be declare disputed areas as “international waters”. So going by current deadlock we will have sir creek as an international water from march 2010.

This gives more reason to both India and Pakistan to up there maritime patrols after March 2010. India had already floated a global tender for more such patrolling crafts. Pakistan also needs such crafts for better maritime recce. This urge have been even surmounted after sea link Mumbai attacks.

Any more such acts through sea or to say “international waters” will break Pakistani defacto international deterrence. As one can see no western donaters to Pakistan showing any kind of compunction on this multi million deal, cause they know if Pakistan have to save its arse from any future Indian response (like 26/11 tho India didn’t strike Pakistan but it was really close), it has to stop all kind of illegal activites in the sea, more to Indian maritime border.

Learn that pakistan didn’t have much of control on Kajhar creek and its side of Sir creek, cause of miss in its patrolling capabilities.

Pakistani Saab’s are more of Saab 2000 MPA with spine-mounted systems for early air warnings than a out a out AWACS like phalcon or ilks. Also Pakistani AEW is not , I repeat is not a active array radar. Its no threat to Indian forces, period.

Also look at all the Saab users Sweden, brazil, Mexico, Greece, UAE and latest Thailand, all of them didn’t have any immediate adversary like Pakistan have in India. They all operate this craft as an effect maritime recce craft, as all do have serious marine illegal activites.

Here is that Pakistani Saab 2000

More over Saab 2000 is turbo propelled, tailor made system for low level sea flights.

Just take a look at its endurance graph

So i am really sorry for our Pakistani friends that there this craft is for hunting smugglers, illegal immigrant and to make sure future Kasab’s cant get to India through International waters – rather than shooting Indian sukhoi’s.

Jai hind

Quickgun Murugan

Some answer to Phalcon is better than no answer. Pakistan has very limited air space to protect hence SAAB 2000 can do the trick.

enlightened1

Member of The Month JANUARY 2010
The ERIEYE doesn't have detection & tracking ability in the fore & aft 30 degrees. This can be exploited by using tactics. I'm sure IAF is already working on that.

A chauhan

"अहिंसा परमो धर्मः धर्म हिंसा तथैव च: l"
Country flag
Good for boosting confidence...but not a threat for India.PAF can use it tactically but IAF will definitely pay attention to it in war strategies.

Country flag
we already have prepared the Sukhois as far back as 2001 for the SAAB ERYIE, also improper linking of the planes can also possibly exploited, UAV's, jammers etc... can also possibly be used.

http://www.uscc.gov/researchpapers/2000_2003/reports/mair1.htm

DEDICATED HAWKEYE JAMMER

One surprise of the show was the TOPOL-E, a new radar jamming device made by the Signal Stavropol Radioplant. This system apparently was designed and made within the last year for sole purpose of jamming radar from U.S. Navy E-2 HAWKEYE AWACS aircraft. It is designed to intercept, locate and jam radar of the AN/APS-125, 138, 139 and 145 systems. Its maximum jamming range is 250km and can operate continuously for 24 hours

Sabir

DFI TEAM
Excluding US and Russia only two country can offer capable AEW&C- Israel (Phalcon) and Sweden (SAAB ERIEYE). And Phalcon is most advanced at present. But the point to be noted that Pakistan did not waste any time even with their all limitation to give order for ERIEYE. Any way India is procuringing long range Air-to-air missile from Russia (I forgot the name) which are known as AEW&C killer because a fighter can target the heavily guarded AEW&C planes without going within the range of enemy fighters which are defending the valuable AEW&C planes.

enlightened1

Member of The Month JANUARY 2010
^^
Another advantage is that the detection range of the PHALCON hasn't been disclosed. The missile you're talking about is the Novator K-100 which has an OR of atleast 300 km.

Country flag
we also have KH-31 on our sukhois since 2001 which is also an AWAC killer.

bhramos

Country flag
Excluding US and Russia only two country can offer capable AEW&C- Israel (Phalcon) and Sweden (SAAB ERIEYE). And Phalcon is most advanced at present. But the point to be noted that Pakistan did not waste any time even with their all limitation to give order for ERIEYE. Any way India is procuringing long range Air-to-air missile from Russia (I forgot the name) which are known as AEW&C killer because a fighter can target the heavily guarded AEW&C planes without going within the range of enemy fighters which are defending the valuable AEW&C planes.
we already procured KH-31 with the range of 200Km or AWACS Killer from Russia and China license produced or copied this missile and made its Version, in future they may be available to Pak also, which is also a threat to India, but chinese version

YJ-91 Ying Ji 91 - Chinese missile based on the Kh-31P, with faster speed, slightly longer range, and easier switching of seeker heads.[citation needed] They are also reported to have developed an anti-shipping version with an indigenous active seeker, and are looking to develop this for use in submarines. The name YJ-91 was already in use by 1997, and may have been a Chinese name for the original Russian missiles[7] designated X-31 by the Russians. By 2005, the name YJ-93 was being applied to missiles made in China,[9] but Western reports generally do not distinguish between YJ-91 and YJ-93.

Indian Future AWACS killer is K-100 Navator which more advanced to all chinese awacs killers with almost 400km.
check this: http://www.defenceforum.in/forum/bombs-missiles-wmd/7222-k-100-novator-indian-awacas-killer-4.html

Rahul Singh

Country flag
One basic difference between SAAB 2000 and A-50EI is, former is more or less an AEW platform and later being a dedicated AEW&C. Apart from this A-50EI have 360 degree coverage against erieye's 240-280 degree coverage(it is blind in front of nose and tail).

Country flag
we already procured KH-31 with the range of 200Km or AWACS Killer from Russia and China license produced or copied this missile and made its Version, in future they may be available to Pak also, which is also a threat to India, but chinese version

YJ-91 Ying Ji 91 - Chinese missile based on the Kh-31P, with faster speed, slightly longer range, and easier switching of seeker heads.[citation needed] They are also reported to have developed an anti-shipping version with an indigenous active seeker, and are looking to develop this for use in submarines. The name YJ-91 was already in use by 1997, and may have been a Chinese name for the original Russian missiles[7] designated X-31 by the Russians. By 2005, the name YJ-93 was being applied to missiles made in China,[9] but Western reports generally do not distinguish between YJ-91 and YJ-93.

Indian Future AWACS killer is K-100 Navator which more advanced to all chinese awacs killers with almost 400km.
check this: http://www.defenceforum.in/forum/bombs-missiles-wmd/7222-k-100-novator-indian-awacas-killer-4.html
It is doubtful the Russians would allow Chinese to give the missile copy to Pakistan, and it is also not confirmed that Chinese have been able to reverse engineer the missile.

Rahul Singh

Country flag
It is doubtful the Russians would allow Chinese to give the missile copy to Pakistan, and it is also not confirmed that Chinese have been able to reverse engineer the missile.
Chinese have a long history of doing this. Best example i remember is J-7, which in reality was a chin*ki clone of Mig-21. But second point of your's is correct. It will be interesting to see if this reverse engineered version actually works or it is just a metal crap.

bhramos

Country flag
Chinese have a long history of doing this. Best example i remember is J-7, which in reality was a chin*ki clone of Mig-21. But second point of your's is correct. It will be interesting to see if this reverse engineered version actually works or it is just a metal crap.
i dont have doubt about their [ chini ] reverse engg. they are doing a lot of stuff now a days,
but i doubt about their performance is not even upto the original model too,
i mean they are inferior to the Russian systems or others.

Global Defence

New threads

Articles