• yes

Votes: 54 78.3%
  • no

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • can't say

Votes: 6 8.7%

• Total voters

SHASH2K2

There are numerous threads where issue arises that why India hates china or think its an enemy . Many chinese friends insisted that it could be discussed in a new thread as these discussions derail original threads .

Here are my reasons why India think china is an enemy.

1. 1962 attack.
2. continuous support to Pakistan and supplying them with nukes and missiles .
3. indirect support to insurgents in India.

I am sure that chinese friends will also have some reasons about China hating India. Looking forward to a healthy debate.

Last edited by a moderator:

EnlightenedMonk

Member of The Month JULY 2009
4. Constant bullying tactics vis-a-vis stapled visas and Arunachal Pradesh
5. Constant reports of border violations
6. Wanting to bully themselves into the Bay of Bengal & Arabian Sea region (which is totally out of their domain)
7. Attempting to sabotage India's entry into global organizations and committees

Phenom

8. Entrenched belief that Asia should have only one major power, that power is China.
9. Belief atleast in the section of the establishment that India should be broken into several smaller states to make it 'manageable'.

kickok1975

Chinese public in general don't hate India at all. That's probably a surprise to a lot Indian people. We can't distinguish Indian from Pakistanis, Bangladesh and people from some other South Asia countries.

1962 border War was never taught at least when I was a student. However, the newest Indian movie are constantly appear in China's most popular internet TV like PPSTREAM, PPLIVE, TUDO and always got excellent ratings. Compare to Bollywood, I personally think China's movie industry is a shame.

Fewer Chinese have ever traveled to India compare to other East and South Eastern Asia countries. The impressions of Chinese people of India are mainly from newspaper, TV or word of mouth. That is: India's economy is developing fast; India is eager to catch up with China and compete with China in many fronts; India is not friendly to China lately"¦.

There is a wide spreading article a couple years ago about how Indian people think about China. In that article it says Indian people thought China is a country lag behind India for 20 years; Mumbai is a much better city than Shanghai, and India can easily defeat China etc. After reading that article, many Chinese had an impression that Indian people are ignorant of outside world.

Recently there are some bad news reported about India's rejection of Chinese company bidding in India; India's rejection of Chinese reporter for Aero 2011 show; India's ally with America; Dalai Lama says India has more right to claim Tibet than China etc"¦, which make Chinese people unhappy.

Last edited:

SHASH2K2

Regarding forcing Huawei and ZTE to share source code all I would say is that lack of information about ownership and reputation of chinese about spying activities was a main factor. It was widely rumored that those companies were mainly involved in military projects and there is always a fear with using made is china equipments for critical locations without proper safeguard .
Regarding Chines not being invited for Airshow I think people in china forgot that it was china which denied Visa to one of our generals. Despite giving Asylum to Dalai Lama India never tried to create unrest of anti china armed struggle in Tibet. We were very much in position to create a kashmir in Ladakh but we never did . India is getting closer to AMerica but not an ally as of now. If china continues its belligerence that day is not very far away.

kickok1975

The most hated country in China is Japan, fewer than 20% people have positive feeling about that country.
Korea is probably the most dislike country, regardless South or North (not hate though).

Another suprise, majority Chinese have positive view on America as a country, excludes US government.

As to Russia, it's a mix feeling, but no trust at all.

JustForLaughs

Chinese public in general don't hate India at all. That's probably a surprise to a lot Indian people. We can't distinguish Indian from Pakistanis, Bangladesh and people from some other South Asia countries.

1962 border War was never taught at least when I was a student. However, the newest Indian movie are constantly appear in China's most popular internet TV like PPSTREAM, PPLIVE, TUDO and always got excellent ratings. Compare to Bollywood, I personally think China's movie industry is a shame.

Fewer Chinese have ever traveled to India compare to other East and South Eastern Asia countries. The impressions of Chinese people of India are mainly from newspaper, TV or word of mouth. That is: India's economy is developing fast; India is eager to catch up with China and compete with China in many fronts; India is not friendly to China lately"¦.

There is a wide spreading article a couple years ago about how Indian people think about China. In that article it says Indian people thought China is a country lag behind India for 20 years; Mumbai is a much better city than Shanghai, and India can easily defeat China etc. After reading that article, many Chinese had an impression that Indian people are ignorant of outside world.

Recently there are some bad news reported about India's rejection of Chinese company bidding in India; India's rejection of Chinese reporter for Aero 2011 show; India's ally with America; Dalai Lama says India has more right to claim Tibet than China etc"¦, which make Chinese people unhappy.
such a long post to basically say Chinese dont really concerned about India and the few times they are brought up its negative.

SHASH2K2

such a long post to basically say Chinese dont really concerned about India and the few times they are brought up its negative.
Are you here just to troll or to have some fruitful discussion ? If you cannot contribute to thread I request you to stay out of it .

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
True.

Only thing is that China is now worried about 'encirclement' by the US as the Pole Star!

India is a major player.

China is too sharp to ignore that fact! ;)

The concern will start when the US organises a colour Revolution.

As it is, it has encouraged capitalism and the greed that goes with it to make money with no social responsibilities.

The discontent grows, even if you don't admit it.

More carrots will be thrown China's way and quietly they tighten the noose.

Free thought, free enterprise and then free...dom!

Last edited:

JustForLaughs

Are you here just to troll or to have some fruitful discussion ? If you cannot contribute to thread I request you to stay out of it .
what kind of contribution do you want? im not gonna argue why Indian think China is an enemy.

"I am sure that chinese friends will also have some reasons about China hating India."

if i post on that THEN i will be definitely labeled as trolling. though i wouldnt call it hate. hate is a strong emotion.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
No, let us know why Chinese friend hate India.

That will be the truth!

This is India and you can always speak your mind.

There will be no bundling you into a 're-education' camp! :)

SHASH2K2

what kind of contribution do you want? im not gonna argue why Indian think China is an enemy.

"I am sure that chinese friends will also have some reasons about China hating India."

if i post on that THEN i will be definitely labeled as trolling. though i wouldnt call it hate. hate is a strong emotion.
SO whats the reason for china hating India? Is it Chinese claim over half of India or is it love and compassion towards a country called as Pakistan ?

Last edited:

JustForLaughs

SO whats the reason for china hating India? Is it Chinese claim over all half of India or is it love and compassion towards a country called as Pakistan ?
the only ones i see saying China hate India are you Indians. and the only one trying to make it seem like Chinese view of India is so innocent is kikokok.

i guess i am the only one telling the truth. its not hate. its not innocent. its closer to nothing than anything else. almost 100% of the feeling is based on politics. the thing is news on India is scarce. if it is even mentioned barely anyone read it. so not only is the feeling not remotely strong enough to be called hate, but it isnt reliable in the first place.

btw, pull your freedom card with mainlanders. im from hong kong. i guess side note, which actually have interaction with south asians for awhile now. the perception isnt great, but it has basically zero to do with politics.

SHASH2K2

the only ones i see saying China hate India are you Indians. and the only one trying to make it seem like Chinese view of India is so innocent is kikokok.

i guess i am the only one telling the truth. its not hate. its not innocent. its closer to nothing than anything else. almost 100% of the feeling is based on politics. the thing is news on India is scarce. if it is even mentioned barely anyone read it. so not only is the feeling not remotely strong enough to be called hate, but it isnt reliable in the first place.

Please check title of thread. It says is china an enemy of India? Many members have given the reasons why there is hatred among Indians against chinese attitude . This hatred is increasing steadily . There is no smoke without fire so there must be a reason for that hatred.

btw, pull your freedom card with mainlanders. im from hong kong. i guess side note, which actually have interaction with south asians for awhile now. the perception isnt great, but it has basically zero to do with politics.
so you accept that there is freedom issue in mainland?

JustForLaughs

Please check title of thread. It says is china an enemy of India? Many members have given the reasons why there is hatred among Indians against chinese attitude . This hatred is increasing steadily . There is no smoke without fire so there must be a reason for that hatred.

so you accept that there is freedom issue in mainland?
sorry but which of those listed points was Chinese hating India? Chinese gov. doing things that piss Indians off is one thing. claiming Chinese hate India and thats why there is fire or smoke or w/e and that the reason for your hate is something else.

hahaha dont get me started. its quite off topic though.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
And the negative reports from China about India that have been reproduced on this forum by posters shows what? The China is head over heels in love with India and that China is doing everything to foster good relationship?

The Chinese do not understand that there is a huge country next to China? Chinese are not interested in knowing about it, especially since it has hosted the favourite son of Tibet, the Dalai Lama? That is good news. Now, what did Sun Tsu say about knowing your adversary?

Hong Kong is not a part of China? The Mainland Chinese influence including on the psychology is zero? If so how come the pro PRC chaps get elected and not those who wish to pursue a more independent line?

JustForLaughs

And the negative reports from China about India that have been reproduced on this forum by posters shows what? The China is head over heels in love with India and that China is doing everything to foster good relationship?

The Chinese do not understand that there is a huge country next to China? Chinese are not interested in knowing about it, especially since it has hosted the favourite son of Tibet, the Dalai Lama? That is good news. Now, what did Sun Tsu say about knowing your adversary?

Hong Kong is not a part of China? The Mainland Chinese influence including on the psychology is zero? If so how come the pro PRC chaps get elected and not those who wish to pursue a more independent line?
no....like i keep saying. its closer to nothing.

huge? like in population? ya we know about that. let the Chinese military worry about Sun Tsu tactics. as for people, frankly pretty much every Chinese issue is more important. taiwan, tibet, uighur, US, south china sea.....japan....koreas.....

HK is, as a SAR. yeah its pretty close to zero. mainland perception isnt too great either actually. oh there is lots of issues with HK gov as well. but for the freedoms that you tried to pull on me about speech, it doesnt apply.

oh, when i say not too great, i mean its baddddddd lol.

Last edited:

kickok1975

China has people like JustForlaughs who claim they don't care India a bit but are willing to spend time on an Indian forum. China also has people who are labeled as innocent and naive like me will spend time study India, discuss with Indian members and understand their standpoint.

China is an amazing place with all sorts of people. Indian friends, welcome to China!

Last edited:

pmaitra

IMHO, friendship happens between two individuals, and cuts across all barriers. However, when it comes to politics, one has to stick to his/her own kind. This where PRC and India do not share a common perspective in many issues. I would not say 'Indians hate Chinese', but some of the recent exchanges between the two governments cannot be called exchange of pleasantries, and that does indeed have an effect on the general perception about Chinese among Indians or vice-versa.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
There is nothing to hate the Chinese people!

What is irksome has been said in so many posts and in so many threads and that is to do with the Communist Chinese Govt.

There is also a Democratic Chinese Govt and that is in Taiwan and so my emphasis of the difference.

But then do we hate the Democratic Chinese Govt?

Global Defence

New threads

Articles