Why hate everything Chinese?

M.Riaz

It seems to me after a long observation that many indians have built a trend of hating everything thats originating from China . leave alone fighter planes and ships even toys to chocolates , dresses to gadgets indians seem to take a dig at chinese product why is this?is it because china can produce stuff that india cant jealousy or is it inborn to negate everything chinese and build up a superior attitude
the world over recognizes chinese products , chinas sales in trade are huge plus their manufacturing ability is great but you come here and see chinese are copying , stealing and robying always they cannot manufacture planes to toys everything is bad
would anybody explain what is the indian mindset behind this attitude
cant india just get the fact that china is a superior country in many respects than what india is currently

BunBunCake

It seems to me after a long observation that many indians have built a trend of hating everything thats originating from China . leave alone fighter planes and ships even toys to chocolates , dresses to gadgets indians seem to take a dig at chinese product why is this?is it because china can produce stuff that india cant jealousy or is it inborn to negate everything chinese and build up a superior attitude
the world over recognizes chinese products , chinas sales in trade are huge plus their manufacturing ability is great but you come here and see chinese are copying , stealing and robying always they cannot manufacture planes to toys everything is bad
would anybody explain what is the indian mindset behind this attitude
cant india just get the fact that china is a superior country in many respects than what india is currently
How can you ask such a question?
China is where most of our imports come from. How do we hate Chinese goods? Yes they are cheap, but people use them. If you are referring to this forum, then.... we don't hate Chinese goods. We think it's low that all they do is copy others. No hate here. We just mock them. And India doesn't need to be jealous of Chinese manufacturing and industry. Ours isn't creating a carbon copy of everything other countries make.

A better question would be,
Why does Pakistan hate everything Indian? You even hate bollywood yet cannot stop your women and children from watching our movies. 3 Idiots.

Last edited by a moderator:

SATISH

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
2 words..."poor quality". Well very few companies in China offers quality products. I can count then on my 10 fingers...Haier, Huawei, and a few others. But the rest of it is total crap. And if you see these are the companies that hold the highest number of patents too. We dont hate all Chinese products but a majority of them which usually gives poor quality stuff.

Toys:
Yeah I accept Chinese toys are cheap but paint has more lead and arsenic and is very high compared to Indian levels and the Plastic is of very poor quality so toys are out.

Chocolates:
The basic ingredient is milk in Chocolates and after the Melamine incident I dont think any country is ready to by milk and milk products from China. Hell even Pakistan banned Chinese milk and its products

Electronics:
told you already a few companies on top, they are the ones giving better products and the reverse engineered stuff is crap...if you are lucky lasts 3 days with my rough usage.

Automobiles:
Sorry even the RE Gulsar couldnt compete with the emission norms here. Forget Europe.

Arms:
Sorry we are supplied by the best of west and the east so we dont need to look at the CHinese.

Cement and Construction materials:
They are too costly to transport and are cheaper here.

Plastics:
They have too much filler content(Arsenic) and arent polymerized as good as the govt. requirements here.

Hey my router is from Huaweii....doest that clear your doubt?

Last edited:

BunBunCake

Forgot to address this in my last post, sorry.
SPECIFICALLY referring to the line quoted above...

Why doesn't Pakistan acknowledge that India is superior to Pakistan. India is superior to Pakistan in ALL aspects. And I mean ALL.
Is it your egos?

I'm not trying to start an argument, but your posts seem to be provoking such discussions. What made you think Indians HATE Chinese goods?

ahmedsid

Top Gun
Look dude, you are trying to create a wedge between India and China, like all Pakistanis dream off. But trust me, China and India wont go to War, we very well know what we both are capable off, and we dont dream of overrunning the Chinese and neither do the chinese think they can take over our states and say Oopsy Daisy!

Satish mentioned the reasons above, and for that matter its not Indians dude, its the Whole World who looks down upon chinese toys and choclates! Tell this to the parents of the kids who died and still suffer during to the milk posiioning! Are they indians???

We Dont Hate China, we just dont like Propoganda. Yes India too has Fanboys, but not like the Chinese or Pakistanis. Look here in this forum, you wont find anyone saying we can capture Tibet in 24 Hours or less. Hell, we are more grounded to reality than the Pakistanis. Actually the chinese will fight India to the last drop of Pakistani blood, and not vice versa! You guys have a look at your own country, and come here and tell us whats wrong!

BlackSonic

Oh you just open my eyes Riaz.... I will never ever say anything against Chinese... And I will always use Chinese product.... I swear to God

India-China Bhai-Bhai

China-Pakistan Bhai-Behan

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj

ajtr

Tihar Jail
Banned
we hate chinese coz they are there .isn't it?=xD

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
There is no hate for China among Indians. Many Pakistanis just assume so.

The rivalry too is limited to some people on the net. We get along with them really well in real life whenever we meet. There is a lot of appreciation for China in India.

Just don't go by your assumptions.

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
I think most of the thougts expressed above are same as mine. Indian hatred of china is limited to the happenings of 62. And India will never get over it as it still hurts and that's why we see India modernize it's forces like crazy.

That apart china is now indias biggest trading partner and it is bidding for several huge infrastructure projects in india and also won many as part of a consortium. Ask any indian in the forum world they will tell you they admire Chinese economic progress and it's might right now. But yes we hate the Chinese suppression on voices of dissent and what it does in Tibet.

thakur_ritesh

Ambassador
i seriously doubt indo-sino relationship is one of hatred, but one of equal partners and certainly of inspiration and appreciation for the good they have done.

p2prada

China has always paid heed to Indian's concerns. They heeded to India's demand for not diverting the waters of Brahmaputra. They heeded to us when we told them not to invest in PoK. They heeded to us when we told them to support the NSG waiver. They will heed to us when we ask for a UNSC seat. So, I don't see why we should hate China when they have been doing good things for us.

They only don't like us supporting the Dalai Lama. That's about it. And it has never been a major hurdle and nor has it affected the life of an ordinary Indian. So, no we don't hate them.

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
Nice discussion.
And let me admit that many sound Indian citizens hate "chinese" blindly.

But,
Being an Indian i dont mind if Indians hating Chinese.
Reason: Hate imparts comparison, Comparison gives passion to compete, competition makes us better & growth is achieved.

Now as mentioned, Hating is just a mindset thus not harming any country (specifically Chinese is this case), whats wrong if it being a reason for us to unite for some cause eventually growing the brotherhood & spirit to achieve some higher level.

There are dozens of countries of which citizen's hate other countries. Yankees hate Irish, Brits hate Germans, Japs hate Chinese, Aussies hate Europeans. What's your point?

We might started hating Chinese from 1962, & look today we stand shoulder to shoulder with Biggies of the world, Constantly stepping towards a Developed Nation.

As some people mentioned here Pakistanis hate Indians too right from 1947. Both countries started their journey together & both hate each other nothing less than each other.
Where does Pak stands in economic progress & Life Index level with India?? ...

Last edited:

amoy

I'm not sure if following summary is typical of a Chinese mindset

- we're a tolerant and broad minded people in general. most of times we don't believe ours is always the best.
if u don't like a Chinese product don't buy it. but hey, there's a good reason for China to become the top exporter along with Germany, and Japan except 'copying', 'cheap' or lousy quality.

- we're very secular (few of us religious fundamentalists) but often too obsessed with material success.
That's why u often see boasting about GDP blah blah ... and don't comprehend your rituals or caste...

- we're very pragmatic, following whatever works well and even developing a Chinese version
That's why we laugh when someone refers to stereotyped CCP, or 'totalitarian' blah blah. Many of us think a 'full' democracy can evolve only on basis of a sound economy and education level of citizens.

- we don't 'hate' Indians or whoever in particular but many of us do have 'bias' somehow
Frankly sometimes we're victims of 'mainstream' media or education. How about u?

- we regard Pakistan as a good friend. However we don't understand everything happening there.
We seldom bother to poke our nose into a neighbor's 'house affairs'

- we regard Tibet as part of China, and Tibetans as one of 56 'flowers' despite historical wrinkles
I personally have travelled to Tibetan and Muslim areas. That's why I sneer at allegations of 'oppressons'
Look at Russia, or the US - how have they grown into an 'empire' or a 'melting pot' through ages?

- we think the 1962 war was for self defence
how could India then take it for granted the demarcation made by British Raj on the map was justified?

It's an exaggeration when it comes to 'hate' ...

Vinod2070

मध्यस्थ
Ambassador
^^ Good points. We have our differences but they are nowhere near so serious as to cause "hate". Of course among the strategic community there are suspicions about the intentions of the other country.

About the boundary issue, it is unfortunately a very difficult problem to solve. If you don't agree to McMahon line, what is the reference that you want to take? We may all have our maximalist positions but one has to take a point in time as a reference and the freedom of both our countries around the same time provides one such reference point.

China has agreed to the same McMahon line with Myanmar as well.

Anyway, we don't want to make this a boundary issue thread. Its just that India has no designs on any "Chinese territory". We need to work with what we have now. The days of forceful alteration of borders are gone now.

sob

Mod
Country flag
Mods correct me if I am wrong this gentleman starts a thread with outrageous assumptions and with no credible link to back his claims.I have rarely seen him respond to the replies from the other members. This is just degrading the quality of the posts.

If Mr.Riaz is ready to have a healthy debate then he is more than welcome to such posts, but this should not be encouraged.

A.V.

True Sob the gentlemann doesnt reply to the posts maybe he does not have the fire to debate he accuses indians of certain misdoing if we close the thread he complains we do not have the guts to answer so we have given him a fair say let him come out and prove his thoughts the members here have proved how wrong he is by the posts and most of the posts have brought out good points let the thread starter be we can discuss sanely without him the topic was raised and we brought out the points thats it anyway the said person will be kept in watch if he violates any forum rules

Armand2REP

CHINI EXPERT
Country flag
The question to why do we hate it is answered by China's own people rioting over the poor quality of their junk. How many tens of thousands of Chinese have died from poisoned food, spoiled vaccinations, bad drugs, disease from poor building materials, lead paint. Greed is the only motivating factor in that country and when it goes unchecked it only leads to evil. How many millions have died from the pollution of that greed? The day CCP starts to crack down hard on regulation for quality products made with less pollution is the day people will start respecting it, that day is a long way off.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
My 2 paisa.

A section of Indian intelligentsia, security establishment has its reservations about China (albeit at a level lesser than USA). We have sinophiles and sinophobics in the society and it is both necessary and essential to understand their views. It helps us to formulate a well rounded approach towards China.

However this being a Defence Forum, we have to view China through a different prism and to a lot of us China appears to be a threat and a rival. This doesn't mean we hate China but we don't view China as our friend either.

amoy

sinophiles and sinophobics in the society and it is both necessary and essential to understand their views. It helps us to formulate a well rounded approach towards China.
Frankly many Chinese (including myself) perceive India deliberately over-hypes China's 'rise' or 'threat' in order to increase its own weight or value in eyes of the US (or the West bloc as a whole) as a 'counter-balance' in the region. Similarly Pakistan needs Taliban in Afg. to keep the US injecting aids into Pak. Isn't it logical?

to a lot of us China appears to be a threat and a rival.
Competitor is a more proper word than 'rival'.

Competition and partnership characterize most relationships in this area, Sino-Japan, Sino-S Korea, and even Sino-Russia

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles