Why Does India (Always ?) Give Advance Notice of Action to Pak ?

roma

NRI in Europe
Country flag
Reason is simple ......
simple or naive ?
simple reasons not always the best, especially in military-matters

we gave advance warning to the whole world

now they have beaten us in acting and we are still ...."mulling" ??

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...n-Tibet-to-build-dam/articleshow/54622469.cms
As India mulls scrapping of Indus Water Treaty with Pakistan, China blocks tributary of Brahmaputra in Tibet to build dam

the impact may not be great, ......... ( at this stage )

nevertheless could we please be more shrewd in future ?

@Ghanteshwar
@Akshay_Fenix
@Ramdasrathsuryavanshi

@Ankit Purohit @raja696 @aditya10r
@Akask kumar @airtel @angeldude13 @aditya10r @Abhijat @ @Ancient Indian @ @anupamsurey @ @aliyah @ @Alien @ @Alien @Aravind Sanjeev @A chauhan @asingh10 @aditya g @asianobserve @Bahamut @BATTLE FIELD @bose @Bornubus @brational @blueblood @Blackwater @Blood+ @bhai-117 @Bangalorean @bengalraider @Bengal_Tiger @biswas_k11 @Bharat Ek Khoj @Brood Father @cobra commando @Chirag @Chris Jude @Chinmoy @Cadian @DingDong @dhananjay1 @ersakthivel @FRYCRY @G10 @Gessler @garg_bharat @guru-dutt @Hari Sud @hit&run @hardip @HeinzGud @indiandefencefan @I_PLAY_BAD @Indian Devil @Indibomber @Jangaruda @Jay Patel @jackprince @Kshatriya87 @kstriya @LETHALFORCE @laughingbuddha @mhk99 @Mikesingh @mayfair
@MetsaMan @Mark Antony @manutdfan @maomao @Navneet Kundu @Neil @Nicky G @OneGrimPilgrim @pmaitra @parijataka @PaliwalWarrior @Pulkit @PrashantAzazel @Rahul Singh @Rowdy @Razor @Rashna @rock127 @R.parida @shade @sasum @smestarz @Sakal Gharelu Ustad @Srinivas_K @sunnyv @sgarg @sabari @Sameet2 @saik @sorcerer @Superdefender @sydsnyper @Sridevi @SREEKAR @Screambowl @Sylex21 @Tactical Frog @TejasMK3 @The enlightened @tejas warrior @tharun @thethinker @tsunami @TODELU @VIP @VaghaDeva @Vishwarupa @Vishal Guts @Yusuf @Yumdoot @Zebra

sorcerer

Country flag
simple or naive ?
simple reasons not always the best, especially in military-matters

we gave advance warning to the whole world

now they have beaten us in acting and we are still ...."mulling" ??

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...n-Tibet-to-build-dam/articleshow/54622469.cms
As India mulls scrapping of Indus Water Treaty with Pakistan, China blocks tributary of Brahmaputra in Tibet to build dam

the impact may not be great, ......... ( at this stage )

nevertheless could we please be more shrewd in future ?
We should double up on our efforts to build dam on Indus.

Even if we dont give advance warnings.. pakis will be crying it out loud in the media..
India made use of the public sentiments against pakistan to silence the paki apologists in the Indian soil to get on with whats rightfully Indian priority on Indus water treaty.

If India was silent on implementing this..the paki apologists and the Aam Admi of Pakistan will make the MOST noise over this with paki sponsored media and thwart any attempts to review Indus treaty.

Now the other question to ask is..
Even if India didn't review the Indus Treaty..WONT the chinese block the Brahmaputra..!!!??!!!

Ofcourse chinese would..irrespective of the courtesy India shows to pakistan with regards to treaties...chinese would indeed do their part in building dams and redirecting.They are chinese and they have their motives and ways.
They would have done it any other day..and India should always have a plan B.

Now that chinese have made the intentions clear India should work to counter it in Real world.

ezsasa

Designated Cynic
Mod
Country flag
Its done to keep the status quo going. To sustain an illusion that India is stronger.
I dont see US or Israel giving advance warnings or empty threats to their adversaries. They issue a non-negotiable deadline to comply and then ..BOOM...hell gets unleashed.

Unfortunately, we cant do the same. We neither have the military might nor the economic wherewithal to sustain such dominant actions. Remember this govt has just started undoing the damages of past many decades. Modi ji is in no position of strength today, despite the bluster. He is trying hard to rebuild India from the ashes left over by the prev governments. It will take a long time. Till then we need to learn to live with empty threats and words of "outrage".
Bhai, which porkiland are you from!!!!!
What empty threats!!!
Stop reading dawn news and start reading some real news.

Everything done so far in modi tenure has been systematic and with clear intent. And the results are stating to show.

And what do you mean bluster!!! Just today govt announced they recovered almost 5 billion USD in unpaid taxes i a span of 4 months. That is equal to half paki military budget.

hit&run

United States of Hindu Empire
Mod
Thanks for Tagging me, but in all honesty I am not able to understand the gist of this thread.

@roma It is a know fact that China is investing great amount of money and other resources to build dams in Tibet. Their target of producing electricity is mammoth.

This has nothing to do with Indo-Pak confrontations as these projects are old and manipulation of river tributaries are happening for many years; as any typical construction of dams or other infrastructure do the same anywhere.

There is no formal treaty they have with neighboring nations on water. India has tried to reach out to them during UPA regime who then went quite after following it up with them. The news articles that came out were heavily emphasizing that they are run of the river projects. Watchers implied that India is not going escalate it further.

In a nut shell India under present dispensation is as benign if not helpless as previous government was.

If one can dig it further then tributaries /feeders originating in India are good enough to sustain this river for our necessities.

From any alarmist's POV China controlling Brahmputra will have military implications but the counter one can present that they may have advantage during certain period of the time in a year, even if they may have the advantage through out the year; using these assets as tools of war will make them obvious target. Chinese will never gamble those investment for winning battles of limited strategic value.

In my understanding these dams will help control floods which our government is not able to offer credible solution during monsoon; given we can negotiate some mechanism of cooperation with Chinese.

It is advantage China as they are spending money. I don't see any escalation India can do in terms of raising this issue using spectrum of options against China in any typical dispute a nation can use including militarily; if bilateral talks fail.

Last edited:

Mikesingh

Professional
Country flag
Do we need to have a clause in the constitutive that states that every senior politician starting with the PM and going downwards for a few levels must have at least one family member serving at the front line ? - otherwise they are disqualified fro office because they do not really feel the pulse and feelings of the aam aadmi ?
Politicians' sons in the Army? :doh: Pllleeeease! No way. The buggers would fuk it up!

Just telling Truth

Guys, what you contemplate, does congress have some young cohort support is there? I know after a lot of research, but trying to find out ground realism from you guys?

hit&run

Mod
Guys, what you contemplate, does congress have some young cohort support is there? I know after a lot of research, but trying to find out ground realism from you guys?
If I have understood your question,

There are many young people who follow Congress-I. And there are many who sit on the fence and fell in swing vote category; could vote for Congress-I.

Please share your research and understanding of your query.

Just telling Truth

If I have understood your question,

There are many young people who follow Congress-I. And there are many who sit on the fence and fell in swing vote category; could vote for Congress-I.

Please share your research and understanding of your query.
So, your answer prompts me of my research, that congress is still living in the emotions and concentrations of youth.

hit&run

Mod
So, your answer prompts me of my research, that congress is still living in the emotions and concentrations of youth.
Please share your research. I be happy to read initial draft of your research and comment on it further.

You can check your draft for plagiarism on plagscan dot com before posting here.

Thanks

Just telling Truth

Please share your research. I be happy to read initial draft of your research and comment on it further.

You can check your draft for plagiarism on plagscan dot com before posting here.

Thanks
I was speaking about Self-regulating researches, which are mostly in news and internet in the silhouette of articles and videos.

hit&run

Mod
I was speaking about Self-regulating researches, which are mostly in news and internet in the silhouette of articles and videos.
All researches are Self-regulating (Done in personal capacity).

Understanding of a subject or an Issue watching/reading some thing on internet in form of articles and videos can still be drafted in words. This is what many of us do here at DFI.

rida500

shame for India. apne mary huwy fojiyon ki laashen border se uthaany ki himat nhy hai to baaten karty hain.

vayuu1

Country flag
shame for India. apne mary huwy fojiyon ki laashen border se uthaany ki himat nhy hai to baaten karty hain.
Shame on Pakistan, bhagte to hue fidayeeno aur pak faujiyon ki salware yaha padi hai, bol dete to bhej dete, as they say for pak g@nd main dum nhi,hum kissi se kum nhi.

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk

rida500

Shame on Pakistan, bhagte to hue fidayeeno aur pak faujiyon ki salware yaha padi hai, bol dete to bhej dete, as they say for pak g@nd main dum nhi,hum kissi se kum nhi.

sirf baaton se kam nhy chalta. practical karna parta hai. qom ko jhoot bol kar bewkoof bnana theak nhy. samajh a jaani chaiye apko

vayuu1

Country flag
sirf baaton se kam nhy chalta. practical karna parta hai. qom ko jhoot bol kar bewkoof bnana theak nhy. samajh a jaani chaiye apko
Whi to main keh rha hua, hua na practical 28 raat ko , aur practical bhi hotay rahenge, Inshashiva .

Kazah

Apne dawn akhbar ki 1971 ki headlines dekhni thi surrender ceremony hony se pehle, dawn claim kar raha tha pakistan ne 71 war jeet li and indian brigade ko destroy kar diya but in reality indian army ne aapki fauj ko bhaga bhaga kar maara same cheez apki media dubara kar rahi hai, by saying ki surgical strikes hoye hi nahi

rida500

Apne dawn akhbar ki 1971 ki headlines dekhni thi surrender ceremony hony se pehle, dawn claim kar raha tha pakistan ne 71 war jeet li and indian brigade ko destroy kar diya but in reality indian army ne aapki fauj ko bhaga bhaga kar maara same cheez apki media dubara kar rahi hai, by saying ki surgical strikes hoye hi nahi
dawn news pe kon aitbar karta hai. usy jahan se paisy milen un k haq mein khabren likh deta hai

rida500

Whi to main keh rha hua, hua na practical 28 raat ko , aur practical bhi hotay rahenge, Inshashiva .

hehehe aisy practical hum roz dekhtay hain.

vayuu1

Country flag
tumhari video ko India tv Pehle hi expose kr chuka hai, air Acha matlab itne beshram ho ki maar kha ke dil nhi bharta.

rida500

tumhari video ko India tv Pehle hi expose kr chuka hai, air Acha matlab itne beshram ho ki maar kha ke dil nhi bharta.

kitnay maary hain ap ne ye to btaaen zara aur ap k jo maary gay hain wo to utha len border k pas se

Global Defence

New threads

Articles