Who plays Battlefield 2?

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
I think BF2 is one of the most photo-realistic mechanized-combat games out there. Players get to play as infantry (FPS), or drive vehicles, tanks, AAA, APC/BMTs, fighters, bombers, attack helis, and transport helis. You get to play as USMC, PLA, and a fictional "Middle East Coalition", which really is the closest it gets to playing as Indian Army, since you have the same equipment (same infantry gear, T-90s, Tunguskas, BTR-90s, Su 30s, etc..)

Who here plays it? If there's a sizable group, can we build a clan?

A.V.

i have seen it a couple of times havent played yet looking for an aircraft simulation game i have one in russian version but looking for improved graphics and real life simulation i have the joystick for thats as well

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
i have seen it a couple of times havent played yet looking for an aircraft simulation game i have one in russian version but looking for improved graphics and real life simulation i have the joystick for thats as well
You can play Tom Clancy's HAWX. It pretty much resurrected the flight sim genre.

Here are the aircraft you can fly in HAWX:

Tom Clancy's HAWX Aircraft

* A-6A Intruder
* A-7B Corsair II
* A-10A Thunderbolt II
* A-12 Avenger_II (GAME pre-order bonus)
* AV-8B Harrier II
* EA-6B Prowler
* EF-111A RAVEN
* Eurofighter Typhoon
* F-2
* F-4G AdvancedWildWeasel
* F-5A Freedom Fighter
* F-5E Tiger II
* F-14A Tomcat
* F-14D SuperTomcat
* F-15 Active
* F-15C Eagle
* F-15E StrikeEagle
* F-16 FIGHTING FALCON
* F-18 HARV (Gamestation pre-order bonus)
* F-20 Tigershark
* F-22 RAPTOR
* F-35 LIGHTNING II
* F-117 NIGHTHAWK
* FA-18 RC
* FA-18C Hornet
* FA-18E SuperHornet
* F-14B Bombcat
* FB-22 STRIKE RAPTOR (HMV pre-order bonus)
* Mig-21 Fishbed
* Mig-25 Foxbat
* Mig-29 Fulcrum
* Mig-33 SuperFulcrum
* MIRAGE III
* MIRAGE IV P
* MIRAGE 5
* MIRAGE 2000-5
* MIRAGE 2000 C
* MIRAGE F1
* RAFALE C
* Saab-35 Draken (Ubisoft VIP bonus)
* Saab-39 Gripen
* Su-25 Frogfoot
* Su-27 Flanker
* Su-32 FN
* Su-34 Fullback
* Su-35 SuperFlanker
* Su-37 Terminator
* Su-47 Berkut
* X-29
* XA-20 Razorback (Ubisoft VIP bonus)
* YF-12A JAGUAR
* YF-17 Cobra
* YF-23 Black Widow II
BF2 has real-world aircraft too you get to fly USAF's and PLAAF's newly introduced fighters and bombers. Not only does BF2 support analog joysticks, but also the new NOVINT Falcon controller.

prahladh

Respected Member
Tarun, where is air-combat in BF2. I played two maps in BF2. Couldn't find anymore time for it.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Tarun, where is air-combat in BF2. I played two maps in BF2. Couldn't find anymore time for it.
In most 64 player maps, the opposing teams have air bases. Each base typically has combat aircraft, a bomber, an attack helicopter, and a transport helicopter. Out of the up to 31 players in his team, each commander has at least six people in air at any point in time.

You also have computer-controlled Predator drones that provide surveillance of a selected part of the battlefield.

StealthSniper

Hey Tarun have you tried Battlefield Bad company. It's just like Battlefield 2 but it's just more updated. Plus you can damage pretty much anything in the game.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Hey Tarun have you tried Battlefield Bad company. It's just like Battlefield 2 but it's just more updated. Plus you can damage pretty much anything in the game.
Yes, I've played it at a friend's place. He's a PS3 gamer. If there was a PC version, I'd have bought it.

panzer1988

Hello, my name is Anshul and I have played Battlefield 2.
First I want to say that it is one hell of a game.
It is available on PC.
Recomended requirements:
1.5GB RAM
256 MB video card (minimum)(nvedia/Ati)
P4 3.06 GHz atleast
and yes it is a decent and fun to play game. It is very authentic. But before any of you rush and buy it, I would like to inform you that there are no single player missions. So unless you can find a group with such a high system configuration, DO NOT GO AFTER IT.

S.A.T.A

I never quite managed to get the hang of the air combat,helos esp gave me tough time.Is there a India based game servers,the pings on some of closest severs are really atrocious.One reason i gave up on the BF2 MP.

If u liked BF2 you'll probably want to play COD4 modern warfare.great game play.

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
SATA, surprisingly there's no India based server, not even a clan from here. The game however has takers in the Middle East. Saudi Arabia based servers offer pings under 150 ms which is pretty comfortable. COD4:MW doesn't compare to this, as it is not a mechanized-combat simulator. It's more of an infantry combat sim.

IBRIS

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
I'v been playing battlefield 2 on PC since it was released about 4 years ago.

IBRIS

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
Good, that's one BF2 player from here. :)
yeah! it's of the best PC online game in the world still now it's on sale and almost everyone still has it!. YOU CAN OPERATE JUST ABOUT ANYTHING!!! u need good graphic card.

I think its 20 dollars for complete edition and 10 dollars for battlefield 2

Online ID: Baj123

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
Raping a M1A2 Abrams tank with an Su-34. Which other game gives you that :)

Koovie

ohhhh I have spent hours playing BF 2 :)
Anyway I hardly have enough timne to get a look on BF 3, but lets see... its just too awesome !

Global Defence

New threads

Articles