Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
No No No.
one side often titles others to "50 cents"
and the other side often titles them to "5 Americal cents" or "HanJian"
You are entitled to coin your own phrase.

However, the difference is, that while the Chinese including the 50 Cent chaps only showcase how great China is, no other community/ peoples elsewhere have qualms, unlike the Chinese, in seeing the faults in their system!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
:D:D:D: :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
I am not able to type, my stomach hurts!

No, honest.

It is so nice a way to say it.

I use it since I think that it is a very wonderful phrase. I honestly use it and many get confused. However, when I explain they see the beauty in that phrase.

They don't say 'jail' or 'forced labour camps'. They say that the man has been sent for 're- education' in a farm!

Very cute!

RedDragon

Chinese posters do it subtly.

Chinese are past masters at this art.

They never say anything upfront.

For instance, in China (if Pearl S Buck is right) they never say 'Pregnant'. It sounds crude. They say, "She is filled with Happiness inside'!!!!
I don't like to compare. I in interest in India because I have worked with indians. I'm a IT guy and american's big companies are filled with India IT guys.

SHASH2K2

Ok, let me put it this way. Perhaps we do not want to threaten them per se, but they (PRC) feel threatened by whatever we are doing. From our perspective, we are doing what we are doing for our own safety and there is nothing wrong with that.

when we are acting just to ensure our national security and our military is purely defensive then we shouldn't even bother to discuss it here . China and its hegemonic intentions are known to whole world and we need not explain it to them. we should ask them to go to hell . they are the one who are aggressive and they are the one who are making the noise as well.

niharjhatn

Have I ever compare China with India?
Lol look @ post #155... Where you basically said China can handle whatever India can throw at it - I interpreted it as justifying China's stance on AP, Kashmir, Sikkim, Aksai-Chin (sound like half the damn country!) as India can do nothing to make China change its mind.

I think that is somewhat of a supremacist stance and not very respectful to Indians!

RedDragon

Chinese posters do it subtly.

Chinese are past masters at this art.

They never say anything upfront.

For instance, in China (if Pearl S Buck is right) they never say 'Pregnant'. It sounds crude. They say, "She is filled with Happiness inside'!!!!
About the 'Pregnant'. perhaps "She is filled with Happiness inside'! still used in rural place. But in city it is just 'Pregnant'

RedDragon

Lol look @ post #155... Where you basically said China can handle whatever India can throw at it - I interpreted it as justifying China's stance on AP, Kashmir, Sikkim, Aksai-Chin (sound like half the damn country!) as India can do nothing to make China change its mind.

I think that is somewhat of a supremacist stance and not very respectful to Indians!
Perhaps you confuse me with someone else. It is my first day in this forum. It seems there are already an "redragon" but it is not me

tgrhfei

:D:D:D: :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
I am not able to type, my stomach hurts!
seriously discussion,great seriously discussion!
seriously discussion by saying someone is 50 cent,is that all ?
I do not think this is the attitude we should have!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
no,it it not that right,china has opened to the world for 30 years,chinese people are everywhere around the world,we just want find our own to develop our country,we have a long way to go and we need more time,but US always want to change us in their way,that why we do not trust them。but indian is different,china and indian are both developing countries,you know most of chinese want what?they want money。we wil be glad if our two countries can work together to make more money。china is so poor that she value peace so important,we want to improve our people's live,indian has a lot of poor people too,they want money too!
BTW,you think you know a lot about LiuXiaobo?sorry my English is so poor and I can not translate what he has done and what he has said,but I believe if liuxiaobo lives in indian,he will be punishment too!
Look, the world is not concerned when China was closed or when they opened up. It is your life and you lead it the way you want. No problems there.

However, when you impinge on others, that is when it matters.

US may want to change all to their ways, so what?

The US wants to change India too. But we must have confidence in ourselves.

Now, you all are obsessed with money.

Our psyche does not make it paramount to life.

In our philosophy, money is not the avenue for total happiness.

Making a meaning of life and helping the underprivileged is.

Of course, today with all this globalisation and all that a materialistic streak is encroaching. But when too much of materialism overtakes, people will like the western people move away and seek solace and peace in spiritualism.

The poor in India do not want money. They want the dignity in living - Roti, Kapda and Makan (Food, basic clothes and a roof over their head).

As far as Liu Xiaobo, he did not say Tibet should be free or Xinjiang should be free. In India, Arundhuti Roy feels that even the Maoists have a right to break up India! And even then she is not punished! Lots of difference.

In India, Liu would be a hero!

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
About the 'Pregnant'. perhaps "She is filled with Happiness inside'! still used in rural place. But in city it is just 'Pregnant'
Then the city chaps, in my opinion, are fools.

They are then very crude and silly to ruin such a beautiful way of saying things - Happiness is filled inside!

I think that means more and is very pleasing to the lady who is carrying than such a crude word (in comparison) as 'pregnant'.

I live in a city. My own daughter is filled with happiness and I told her so only a few minutes ago when she went to the see the doctor.

Let me tell you, we appreciate your wording of things. Today, even thought there is no word in English called 'splittist', one of our TV anchors uses it regularly.

Arundhuti Roy is a splittist.

Don't change just to be 'modern'.

In our country, young people have to touch the feet of their elders as per the custom. It is not so in the western world. We still do it, even when we are abroad. We will not change to please anyone or change to their customs to please them.

Preserve the beauty of China, be it in language, culture, building, heritage etc.

China is more appreciated for its old civilisation and its artefacts and style than the concrete wonders that you showcase as if being with the Joneses is the last word in life!

Last edited:

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
seriously discussion,great seriously discussion!
seriously discussion by saying someone is 50 cent,is that all ?
I do not think this is the attitude we should have!
if you are not a 50 cent why bother?

If you call me anti Chinese as most of you do very subtly, do I care?

I know I am not anti Chinese. All I want to know is more about the real China and not the propaganda or what the 50 Cent- ers have to say!

tgrhfei

when we are acting just to ensure our national security and our military is purely defensive then we shouldn't even bother to discuss it here . China and its hegemonic intentions are known to whole world and we need not explain it to them. we should ask them to go to hell . they are the one who are aggressive and they are the one who are making the noise as well.
another china threat the world。
how could you know what we think about ourselves? have you ever been to china?I think most of your words is come from your TV and your newspapers,I can read most of them say china is a threat,this is unacceptable!
you can not read chinese but we can read english,you know why I was confused?maybe our government think indian is a
threat ,but they never said that,our people are so busy in making money that they even do not have time to think about what indian threat china,threat what ?
I don't think it is right for you guys are so sure to know what we think about ourselves!

tgrhfei

Look, the world is not concerned when China was closed or when they opened up. It is your life and you lead it the way you want. No problems there.

Of course, today with all this globalisation and all that a materialistic streak is encroaching. But when too much of materialism overtakes, people will like the western people move away and seek solace and peace in spiritualism.

The poor in India do not want money. They want the dignity in living - Roti, Kapda and Makan (Food, basic clothes and a roof over their head).

As far as Liu Xiaobo, he did not say Tibet should be free or Xinjiang should be free. In India, Arundhuti Roy feels that even the Maoists have a right to break up India! And even then she is not punished! Lots of difference.

wow,I get it !
great hero,wonderful hero!

tgrhfei

if you are not a 50 cent why bother?

If you call me anti Chinese as most of you do very subtly, do I care?

I know I am not anti Chinese. All I want to know is more about the real China and not the propaganda or what the 50 Cent- ers have to say!
bother what?
you think kickok2000 konws the truth?
it is not that sample!

RedDragon

Then the city chaps, in my opinion, are fools.

They are then very crude and silly to ruin such a beautiful way of saying things - Happiness is filled inside!
I think that means more and is very pleasing to the lady who is carrying than such a crude word (in comparison) as 'pregnant'.

I live in a city. My own daughter is filled with happiness and I told her so only a few minutes ago when she went to the see the doctor.

Let me tell you, we appreciate your wording of things. Today, even thought there is no word in English called 'splittist', one of our TV anchors uses it regularly.

Arundhuti Roy is a splittist.

Don't change just to be 'modern'.

Preserve the beauty of China, be it in language, culture, building, heritage etc.

China is more appreciated for its old civilisation and its artefacts and style than the concrete wonders that you showcase as if being with the Joneses is the last word in life!
I would like to discuss part of the city life of China here.

With decades of fast development, the Chinese's life are dramatically changed.

The competation in the big cities of China is very drastic. The step of the city is very fast. In fact the outlooking of big city is changed every DAY. You must work very hard, study very hard to follow the step of the city.

When you stand in the street of a big city like Beijing and ShangHai you can feel the optunity and challenge. You want to grasp you chance, to earn millions of money. You can also feel the challenge, afraid to be left behind by others.

Especially for man. If you are not work hard, it is not only not responsiblity for youself, but also not responsiblity for you family.

I must say the life of BeiJing/ShangHai is quite like the life of NY. And perhaps there even more pressure.

SHASH2K2

another china threat the world。
how could you know what we think about ourselves? have you ever been to china?I think most of your words is come from your TV and your newspapers,I can read most of them say china is a threat,this is unacceptable!
you can not read chinese but we can read english,you know why I was confused?maybe our government think indian is a
threat ,but they never said that,our people are so busy in making money that they even do not have time to think about what indian threat china,threat what ?
I don't think it is right for you guys are so sure to know what we think about ourselves!
Why should I know about what a Chinese think of himself and why should I go to china to know about it . you may think of yourself as mother Teresa and welfare of whole world is in your mind . What matters to me is attitude of china as a country to us and its not friendly by standards. you supply arms ane missiles to our neighbor to keep us in check and expect us to say nice thing about almighty china .

Last edited by a moderator:

tgrhfei

sorry,we may think things in different ways,I respect your way of life。
wish your country have a better future!

RedDragon

I would like to discuss part of the city life of China here.

With decades of fast development, the Chinese's life are dramatically changed.

The competation in the big cities of China is very drastic. The step of the city is very fast. In fact the outlooking of big city is changed every DAY. You must work very hard, study very hard to follow the step of the city.

When you stand in the street of a big city like Beijing and ShangHai you can feel the optunity and challenge. You want to grasp you chance, to earn millions of money. You can also feel the challenge, afraid to be left behind by others.

Especially for man. If you are not work hard, it is not only not responsiblity for youself, but also not responsiblity for you family.

I must say the life of BeiJing/ShangHai is quite like the life of NY. And perhaps there even more pressure.
I don't think this change and the pressure is bad. Before Deng's Reform, not matter how much he has worked, every earn the same money. There are no pressure at all. So everybody is poor.
Now China developed so fast is because everyone has their intention and perssure to work hard.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
wow,I get it !
great hero,wonderful hero!
Good that you think Liu Xiaobo is a great hero!

I hope the Chinese cyber police are monitoring this thread.

You will also become a great hero too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles