Who is the most Evil individual from the 20th century ?

Most evil of the 20th Century

• Mao Zedong

Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Joseph Stalin

Votes: 12 9.3%
  • Adolf Hitler

Votes: 26 20.2%
  • Winston Churchill

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • Henry Kissinger

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Hirohito

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Jinnah

Votes: 11 8.5%
  • Pol Pot

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Idi Amin

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Yahya Khan

Votes: 2 1.6%

• Total voters

arnabmit

Homo Communis Indus
Country flag
If we consider the last quarter of the millennium, Muhammad ibn Abd al-Wahhab could be a very strong contender.

Phantom

With people like Adolf Hitler, Joseph Stalin, Hirohito and Pol Pot to choose from, Winston Churchill is winning this poll?? Damn! Some people definitely need to brush up on history before taking a call on this poll.

Winston Churchill, the unabashed racist that he was, never rounded up people in concentration camps and gulags. He never allowed the Brits to have a free run against the Indians like in Nanking. For all his opposition to the Indian independence movement, his regime will look saintly in front of the Khmer Rouge.

If the famine in Bengal is entirely framed upon him, what about countless similar deaths during WW2? What about the countless deaths due to Mao's policies like the Great Leap Forward?

Disappointed seeing the results here. I expected better sense and impartiality from my countrymen on this issue.

The Last Stand

Country flag
Who is "evil" depends on what you define "evil" to be. Does "paranoid" count as evil? How about "brainwashed" or "vengeance-seeking" or "seeking to right historical wrongs"?

"Evil" is one of those words without any inherent, objective meaning. It can be twisted to describe any individual and any event.
Your words remind me of an anime character's most famous quote

Itachi Uchiha said:
People live their lives bound by what they accept as correct and true. That's how they define "reality". But what does it mean to be "correct" or "true"? Merely vague concepts"¦ their "reality" may all be a mirage. Can we consider them to simply be living in their own world, shaped by their beliefs?
Do you, by any chance, read/watch Naruto?

Razor

STABLE GENIUS
Country flag
Your words remind me of an anime character's most famous quote

Do you, by any chance, read/watch Naruto?
Actually it reminded me more of the verse: Veritas? Quid est veritas? (Truth? What is truth?)

37 "You are a king, then!" said Pilate. Jesus answered, "You say that I am a king. In fact, the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me." 38 "What is truth?" retorted Pilate. With this he went out again to the Jews gathered there and said, "I find no basis for a charge against him."
The exact intention of Pilate has been subject to debate among scholars, with no firm conclusion.[1] His statement may have been made in jest that the trial was a mockery, or he may have actually intended to reflect on the philosophical position that truth is hard to ascertain.[1] The Greek word rendered as "truth" in English translations is "alatheia", which literally means "unconcealed" and connotes sincerity in addition to factuality and reality.
John 18:38 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

shuvo@y2k10

Country flag
mao,stalin,hitler,churchill,rooservelt,truman,hirohito(of japan),mussolini,kim jong(of north korea).

Phantom

In the indian context, Churchill is the only correct response.
If it was meant to be answered in the Indian context, why are the others even in the poll to begin with? One can't expect to compare Joseph Stalin and Pol Pot 'in the Indian context' anyway.

Country flag
Interesting fact that separates the most evil communist candidates from the other evil ones.
The communists killed their own people in masses while the others were known for killing other people.

LalTopi

Interesting fact that separates the most evil communist candidates from the other evil ones.
The communists killed their own people in masses while the others were known for killing other people.
And for killing them whilst thinking it was for their own better development.

Tactical Frog

Country flag
101 of how to destroy local culture population traditions ethnicity. It's kinda impose foreign based ideology and ideology gain influence by bringing them under there religious Bias.
They didn't cared to respect local beliefs.
Even ISIS is fighting a Holy war by this logic they are asking people in middle east in bokom haram to convert or die is it justified.

Arabs and mughal sultanat never harmed those who accepted the islam. ruler Timur's attack on India was marked by systematic slaughter and other atrocities on a massive scale which were inflicted mainly on the subcontinent's Hindu population.[42] His army looted Delhi, sparing only the Muslim neighbourhoods of the city. The Hindu population was massacred or enslaved.[43] One hundred thousand Hindu prisoners were killed by his army before he attacked Delhi for fear of rebellion and many more were killed afterwards.
But they never succeeded because of rebellion.
Even arungzeb many times ordered to kill all Hindus in north india. But was Countered by different people everytime.

If Hindus would have had simply accepted the Islam and destroyed its older culture then today i wouldn't be having a debate with you. I would have been calling arab rule as a religious war and a justified one.

Depends on the way you see things. Everyone have their fair share of human right abuse and racism in history. Hitler can be only called as worst killing machine if you think that European life is more expensive than Asian African life 🤔.
I agree with you except one point : Hitler’s killing machine was something worse and different than anything in history, in regard of what they did not to Poles, or Russians, or Greeks or Serbians, but to Jews. There was a method in their madness against Jews, they really reached an absolute low. Because there was no way for a Jew to escape death, even conversion to Christianism, even raising a baby as a German.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
I agree with you except one point : Hitler’s killing machine was something worse and different than anything in history, in regard of what they did not to Poles, or Russians, or Greeks or Serbians, but to Jews. There was a method in their madness against Jews, they really reached an absolute low. Because there was no way for a Jew to escape death, even conversion to Christianism, even raising a baby as a German.
Screenshot_20200508-133629~2.jpg
I myself like Israeli people a lot no disrespect to those who died in the genocide. Yes Hitler was mad idiot who killed people in gas chamber but i humbly believe that in Africa people for centuries suffered under slavery leave Africa even in india under mughal rule millions of people died genocide was targeted towards Hindus those rejected the Islam women were snatched kids were killed not even in war they were killed because they feared a rebellion it was just a targeted religion based assault just like what Hitler did with jews. Number of dead in india is in millions
Hitler style genocide under ottoman empire also happened Armenian genocide in which 1.5-2 million civilians were killed because ottoman ruler thought that they will rebel against their rule. But did the turkey ever apologized for that no.

History of injustice mass Killing genocide + human made famine which caused deaths is very old with very mad people some are documented well some are not.

Last edited:

Knowitall

The Bengal famine deaths was different. These deaths while tragic and horrendous were not premidetated murders. It was the result of confluence of environmental, economic, political and social factors that at most can be attributed to lack of foresight, planning, organization, and maybe due to priority needs and natursl difficulties in times of war.
Oh because it's the british and allies it is attributed to political social factors.

Churchill was and remains one of the biggest mass murderer whose place only belongs beside hitler and stalin himself.

The british empire was the empire which was build upon the dead bodies of the land that they occupied and the wealth of those dead people.

The british empire was no different than nazi germany only their methods of killing were different.

Assassin 2.0

Country flag
Oh because it's the british and allies it is attributed to political social factors.

Churchill was and remains one of the biggest mass murderer whose place only belongs beside hitler and stalin himself.

The british empire was the empire which was build upon the dead bodies of the land the they occupied and the wealth of those dead people.

The british empire was no different than nazi germany only their methods of killing were different.
Everyone have their own mass murderers.

What you are saying is true if it was wrong why india is giving respects to subhash chandra bose who's azad hind fauj tried to invade india with the help of Japanese or a person whose alliance was with Germany which caused death of millions of indian soldiers.
World War 2 is dilemma for india after all of this it looks like countries like india were tired from all of the imperial power's.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag
It still killing people.

asianobserve

Tihar Jail
Banned
Country flag

The british empire was the empire which was build upon the dead bodies of the land that they occupied and the wealth of those dead people.

There was no official British policy to intentionally starve Indian people for purpises of exterminating them. In fact, if there was a policy to kill Indians then why do it only in Bengal region after all the whole of the Indian subcontinent was under British rule?

There were either no order or list of Bengalis to kill during that time. No Bengalis were intentionally and in masse removed from their homes and deprived of possessions by the British like what the NAZIs did to the Jews in Europe. Go dig in the archives.

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles