Which state are you from?

Which state are you from?

• Total voters

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
I don't think it was Chennai city which was offered. TN opted for Thiruthani(originally with Chittor district , AP) in return for Tirupati district as part of the re-organization of States on linguistic lines. Nevertheless, Tirupathi is better with AP than with TN which is governed by an Atheist.
So true. Besides, you don't need a visa to travel to....your own country. Not even a stapled one. :thank_you2:

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
Well well, there are less Kannadigas in Karnataka. so if a plebisite is held in Karnataka, God knows who will take the state!!!

RPK

Indyakudimahan
Country flag
I always wondered how that is possible, considering that most tamilians are quite religious. How can they tolerate that ***** when he is spewing venom against hindus and hinduism even to the extent of insulting Lord Rama?

PS: the word I used for him is idi@t. why is even this word also banned? Our forum is getting influenced a lot by PRC.
******* ******* ******* ****** ** ***** ****** *** ******* ****** **** *** ** -- This is PRC

How can they tolerate that ***** when -- This India

enlightened1

Member of The Month JANUARY 2010
I feel a bit like an outcast now...ah f... it anyway! I'm from Mauritius :) It's much much smaller than the average district you got there :lol: but if you happen to visit it someday, you will feel like it's a smaller India..well that's what most of the Indians I know who have visited M'tius say..
Presenting the Paradise Island!

Tallest Shiva Statue in the world standing at 108ft high

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
[mod] Guys if you want to link a map, make sure its as per Official Indian maps. No dotted lines in any regions claimed by our neighbors. It should be bold and colored like the rest of the regions. Thanks [/mod]

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
lol so much plebicite joke talk. I guess we should leave it at that. If I have to become a hero for the sake of someone from TN, I won't think twice. Likewise, with anyone from the rest of the country. A state doesn't divide the people, it only makes administration easier.

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
my state is?​
1)family tree originally comes from odisha,
[ in early 1700's the daughter of the king of cuttack got married to the prince of bishnupur in bengal, among the dowry arrangemets was the provision for the resettelment of many utkal brahmins in bengal(bankura district), apparently the prince was having trouble finding brahmins for his temples.]
2)was born in bankura in west bengal
3)grew up in tatanagar in erstwhile bihar , now my home lies in jharkhand
4)stayed for 5 years in maharastra
5)currently in the NCR.

johnee

lol so much plebicite joke talk. I guess we should leave it at that. If I have to become a hero for the sake of someone from TN, I won't think twice. Likewise, with anyone from the rest of the country. A state doesn't divide the people, it only makes administration easier.
ah, its understood that its all for fun. There is always a friendly banter in any good family. India is one big family, where all members are comfortable with their identities, so banter is fine unlike some really insecure nations that we sorrounded by.

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
close fight for the top spot between TN and AP !!

ShyAngel

Founding Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-No4sL_CbSs

View of Nanda Devi massif and Nanda Devi:

Much of India's religious beliefs originate in Himalayas. Each mountain, lake and river is steeped in mythology. This "abode of Gods" includes many shrines and places of pilgrimage. Welcome to Uttrakhand/Uttranchal<3

Kedarnath temple in Mussoorie:
Sakya Stupa in Dehradun:

Rishikesh in Dehradun:

Lakshman Jhula in Dehradun:

I took this pix from Gun Hill. This is the view of kedranath; According to legend, the Pandavas after having won over the Kauravas in the Kurukshetra war, felt guilty of having killed their own brothers and sought the blessings of Lord Shiva for redemption. He eluded them repeatedly and while fleeing took refuge at Kedarnath in the form of a bull. On being followed he dived into the ground, leaving his hump on the surface. The remaining portions of Lord Shiva appeared at four other places and are worshipped there as his manifestations. The arms appeared at Tungnath, the face at Rudranath, the belly at Madhmaheshwar and his locks (hair) with head at Kalpeshwar. Kedarnath and the four above mentioned shrines are treated as Panch Kedar/ 5 kedar.
To be continue..............................

Quickgun Murugan

my state is?​
1)family tree originally comes from odisha,
[ in early 1700's the daughter of the king of cuttack got married to the prince of bishnupur in bengal, among the dowry arrangemets was the provision for the resettelment of many utkal brahmins in bengal(bankura district), apparently the prince was having trouble finding brahmins for his temples.]
2)was born in bankura in west bengal
3)grew up in tatanagar in erstwhile bihar , now my home lies in jharkhand
4)stayed for 5 years in maharastra
5)currently in the NCR.
We share a lot in common atleast in places. Spent my childhood migrating places every year due to nature of my dad's work. Lived for an year each in WB, Jharsaguda(Orissa), Bokaro(curent jharkand) before settling in Chennai.

ShyAngel

Founding Member
Kamptyfall Mussoorie:

Valley of Flowers in Uttranchal:

Woodstock school mussoorie:

St.George Boys College Mussoorie:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gpLvmEG-J0

Soccer match between my school "TIBETAN HOMES" and St.George!

Typical traditional houses in happyvalley Mussoorie:

Last but not least......INDIAN MILITARY ACADEMY DEHRADUN!

This is suppose to be pride of (Mahabharat the great war) taking place in Risikash Dehradun.

(Now that explains why my state is the best from the country!)

enlightened1

Member of The Month JANUARY 2010
@Murugan
Sure but this may not be the right thread, i'll open a new one:)

@Tarun
cookies yay!! i'm already writing to our president :lol:

F-14

Global Defence Moderator
God's Own Country: Kerala

kerala's and fomerly the capital of the state of travancore

Thiruvananthapuram

Headquarters of the Nair Brigade of Travancore. The building is now the Legislative Museum

Sri Padmanabhaswamy temple

The royal insignia of the Lord, The Valampiri Shankhu or dextral conch-shell, served as the State emblem of Travancore and even continued so for some time after the re-organization of the States. Sri Padmanabha is still regarded as regional deity of Travancore
my city kochin :the queen of the arabian sea

A part of the Marine Drive, Kochi, as seen from the Vembanad Lake

viwes of the Paradesi Synagogue the oldest Synagogue in India and the commonwealth nations

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles