Which Laptop to Buy?

nrj

Ambassador
Country flag
What's wring with hardware made in china but designed in silicon valley?

Get over the stereotype.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
Because of sad experience with Chinese products except the Wing Sung pen, which was real good.

When I was Singapore, the first thing on my shopping list was a Wing Sung pen.

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
The laptops with the least Chinese components come from Samsung. It makes its own memory, SSD, display, body, etc., in Korea, while its system board is sourced from Taiwan. The CPU and SI are sourced from Malaysia/Costa Rica. The notebook itself is assembled in Taiwan. Sadly, it's assembled by Hon Hai Precision (Foxconn), which is a Chinese ODM. The one component that's completely made in China is its battery. It's made by LG Chemical.
Thanks for the Info.

Batteries are one of the most dangerous components of any electronic equipment.

henny

Country flag
I am in a quandary. I need to buy a new laptop, and don't know which one to buy ?

I currently use my Dell laptop for internet, movies, music, reading, media server and office suite.

I already have a gaming console so does it make sense for me to go in for a gaming console ?

I prefer big screen, should I opt in for a smaller screen size laptop and buy a bigger standalone monitor ?:laugh:

I don't need much battery backup, nor care about the size but it should be durable and tough.

And windows 8 is coming soon. A dos laptop is atleast 5000rs cheaper than a windows 7pc, windows 8 upgrade from windows 7 costs 800rs. Should I wait for windows 8 launch and then decide ?
Well, I guess you prefer a windows PC, actually, it depends on you - if you are a heavy user or a gamer. In my case, I am an avid gamer, and most of my work requires a lot of video calls and typing. I bought a Gaming laptop which they said to be heavy duty because of the high specs GPUs that can boost up your productivity. But the downside of this is the battery life. i bought the Lenovo L340 one. It is powerful, but the battery life is a bit average. I suggest you get a gaming laptop (which can cause you a bit more money). Or MAC is a good choice, since you have gaming consoles.

Haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है
Country flag
Well, I guess you prefer a windows PC, actually, it depends on you - if you are a heavy user or a gamer. In my case, I am an avid gamer, and most of my work requires a lot of video calls and typing. I bought a Gaming laptop which they said to be heavy duty because of the high specs GPUs that can boost up your productivity. But the downside of this is the battery life. i bought the Lenovo L340 one. It is powerful, but the battery life is a bit average. I suggest you get a gaming laptop (which can cause you a bit more money). Or MAC is a good choice, since you have gaming consoles.
Ya'll Nibbiars you are answering a 8 years old question. Congrat's.

mark91

Country flag
You should buy HP Omen latest generation. Its best for everything specially for gaming. I have this and I always love to play call of duty with my gaming gadgets.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles