Which is the worst Metro-politan city in India?

Which is the worst Metro-politan city in India?

• New Delhi

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Mumbai

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • Kolkata

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • Chennai

Votes: 5 8.8%
  • Hyderabad

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Bangalore

Votes: 3 5.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pintu

Pintuda, Kolkata is crap. Sorry.
It will feature at the bottom , I agree , but I personally love hospitality of the common men.

kemon ache Dada !
saaday naal rahoge ta aish karoge :pound:
I think loving Kolkata does not matter here with comparison, just matter of likings. If I say I like Hitler , who cares at least I love his mustache :p.

Regards

Pintu

Kolkata is sufferring from unplanned urbanisation, though am attempt is being made to de congest it by locating the offices from BBD Bag area to Salt Lake , Sector-V, process started from erstwhile govt. I think it will take more time to have it a descent look.

Regards

Oracle

Who voted for Chennai?

Delhi is still understandable with all the hairy guys, but Chennai?

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Kolkata is sufferring from unplanned urbanisation, though am attempt is being made to de congest it by locating the offices from BBD Bag area to Salt Lake , Sector-V, process started from erstwhile govt. I think it will take more time to have it a descent look.

Regards
All cities suffer from that but Kolkata is a dump compared to others.

Last 10 years delhi has improved...before that it was also a massive dump.

Pintu

^^^ This is going from the even era of Raj.

Regards

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
For me, even though my name suggests that I would put Bangalore at top spot, to be honest I think Mumbai takes top spot IMHO. IMHO, nothing beats Mumbai, though I have a soft corner for Bangalore. Bangalore comes second for me. Third would be Delhi, fourth Hyderabad, fifth Chennai and sixth Kolkata. Sorry Kolkattans, the poll results seem to bear out my assessment.

Oracle

Lol, Kolkata got the highest number of votes so far, 20. Someone is rigging the polls.

Mods, please correct the typo of NewDelli in the poll.

Last edited:

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
For me, even though my name suggests that I would put Bangalore at top spot, to be honest I think Mumbai takes top spot IMHO. IMHO, nothing beats Mumbai, though I have a soft corner for Bangalore. Bangalore comes second for me. Third would be Delhi, fourth Hyderabad, fifth Chennai and sixth Kolkata. Sorry Kolkattans, the poll results seem to bear out my assessment.
mumbai only seems good when you go for a vacation.

i dont know about others but i cant stand the small living space and congested areas...maybe im used to delhi too much.

Oracle

i dont know about others but i cant stand the small living space and congested areas...maybe im used to delhi too much.
So you really were there for a vacation? I have lived there for some years, and I assure you - Mumbai rocks!

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

Mumbai has the anonymity and feel of a real city - people don't bother or care much about you, they let you lead your life. More liberal than most other cities. Lots of opportunities, lot of jobs. Good work ethic among people, generally improving infrastructure. Better cabbies and autowallahs than most other places. Excellent public transport, safer than most other cities. Comparatively better lane discipline and driving ethic among drivers when compared to other cities... some of the reasons why I like Mumbai in spite of being a hardcore Bangalorean.

Oracle

Oh! Those days and the dance bars of Mumbai. Bijili Dance Bar. Shama Dance Bar. Etc etc.

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag

And I like Delhi's infrastructure - the roads etc. Undoubtedly the best in the nation. Not to mention the proximity to LOTS of vacation spots. Good job opportunities, and lots of good shopping and food. That is the reason I have placed it ahead of Hyderabad. Delhi scores low on crime, eve teasing, less liberal than Mumbai, lot of "Tashan" show off culture, too much brashness and rudeness, and more racist than most other cities. And the cabbies and autowallahs compete with the ones in Chennai in terms of ripping one off.

Hell, all cities have their pros and cons :)

Bangalorean

Ambassador
Country flag
Oh! Those days and the dance bars of Mumbai. Bijili Dance Bar. Shama Dance Bar. Etc etc.
Lots of them have closed down. Deepa bar was the most famous, which has been closed now. A Yoga center by Baba Ramdev runs in that complex now. :D

Oracle

Lots of them have closed down. Deepa bar was the most famous, which has been closed now. A Yoga center by Baba Ramdev runs in that complex now. :D
Service bars are still running in some places. Deep inside Turbhe, Chembur etc. :D

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
Never! A true dilliwala will never prefer mumbai :D

You can blame the show off culture on punjabis! But im not complaining since punjabi girls are quite good atleast in looks.

Adux

Country flag
Where the fuck is Cochin? It has the most important ingredient of any metro city..............Malayalee's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles