Which country has the superior military - Pakistan or Iran?

Sylex21

1. Conventional War: Pakistan

2. Nuclear War: Pakistan obviously as Iran doesn't have nukes

Pakistan holds pretty much every advantage. More than double the population, vastly superior air force, much better tanks, artillery and Pakistan could expect support from the USA, China, Saudi Arabia and pretty much every other nation in the world but India, Syria and possibly Russia who would stay out of it.

Iran has a better navy possibly, but I don't think they'd be much use in the conflict and Saudi Arabia would make sure Pakistan got all the oil it needed. Hell even Israel would probably aid Pakistan.

Pakistan actually has a pretty powerful military by global standards, it just psychologically appears weaker to us because it is always compared to its titanic neighbor next door.

salute

1. Conventional War: Pakistan

2. Nuclear War: Pakistan obviously as Iran doesn't have nukes

Pakistan holds pretty much every advantage. More than double the population, vastly superior air force, much better tanks, artillery and Pakistan could expect support from the USA, China, Saudi Arabia and pretty much every other nation in the world but India, Syria and possibly Russia who would stay out of it.

Iran has a better navy possibly, but I don't think they'd be much use in the conflict and Saudi Arabia would make sure Pakistan got all the oil it needed. Hell even Israel would probably aid Pakistan.

Pakistan actually has a pretty powerful military by global standards, it just psychologically appears weaker to us because it is always compared to its titanic neighbor next door.
paki got weapons because usa and china kept them arming against india,
china and usa kept paki military well armed,

otherwise paki are begger nation and they got all the weapons either by begging or by exploiting americans needs or by extorting them.

jackprince

Turning into a frog
Country flag

otherwise paki are begger nation and they got all the weapons either by begging or by exploiting americans needs or by extorting them.
Does not matter as long as they so have those weapons and possibility of getting more during a conflict.

However, @Sylex21 has not considered
Iranian people and Pakistani people, and their commitment to the nation, which is vastly different evidenced by the history. Iran has already fought and own victory in a life and death war with Iraq despite having a vast technological set back, and they internally have more unity than Pakistan. The whole of FATA is only nominally under Pakistan and Baloch people, who are culturally more closure to Iranians hates the Pakistan.

Also, any war between Iran and Pakistan when will be supported by the Sunni world, they acrually are too much fragmented ro add some significant value to it. The Arabs are hardly like to dirty their own hands for the sake of Pakis.

Further, Russia most likely would pitch in ar least with tech and weapons support, and if there is a pragmatic PM in India, Oakis will be at least having a partial blockade by IN too.
Also, when Pakis have superior military at least by numbers, they hardly have any experience but of defeat in their whole history. Even the terrorists have been kicking their asses for most of the last decade and even after bombing out whole villages they have not managed to achieve any success. So would not call the Oaki army to be superior. Where as the Iranians have been kicking ass of ISIS successfully more or less in the last last year.

IMHO in any war human factor is more important that how much ir how fantastic the weapons you have. Just see, how even after a decade and trillions of dollars wasted, USA still lost the war in Afghanistan and Iraq, and in verge of losing the whole ME in coming decade, if ISIS menace is not curved.

Sylex21

We can debate how Pakistan got their weaponry but that is a different topic. My comments were only related to the fact that the Pakistani military is quite powerful when compared to Iran.

Compersion

Country flag
Iran had war with Iraq (experience) ...

Iran population mix is not wild fire like Pakistan ...

Pakistan has military for East not West ...

but

In all it might be a stalemate ... but still worth a fight would think since there is vacuum for authority in the areas between Iran and Pakistan and Baluchistan

aliyah

sanctions are lifting , iran will be ready with big shopping list n they will be having lots of $ too so within 5yrs they will be military technologically much superior then pak.
Saudis r hopeless they cant prevent their own country for which they depend on US n paki n other. so dont think they will be much help militarily.china n Russia will make deal,u supply pak we supply iran both do business. Israel can help but taking help from Israel will be insult to Islamic pak nation. india will start firing on both loc n border to keep paki in pressure n R&AW will covertly take over Baluchistan n fata.

jouni

I think Pakistan has better trained troops, better tactics and armament. India is six times bigger than Pakistan, yet you have quite even record in the battlefield. Ok, I understand that Muslim religion gives some advantage against non muslims psychologically.

Iran also was not superior against Iraq, tough call....

The enlightened

I think Pakistan has better trained troops, better tactics and armament. India is six times bigger than Pakistan, yet you have quite even record in the battlefield. Ok, I understand that Muslim religion gives some advantage against non muslims psychologically.

Even record in battlefield? Is there any single battle where India produced a numerical advantage of 6:1? Muslim religion? Are you joking?

thethinker

Country flag
Even record in battlefield? Is there any single battle where India produced a numerical advantage of 6:1? Muslim religion? Are you joking?
That obnoxious troll from Finland has nothing better to do rather than post about :

1.Finland in every discussion whether related or not
2. Make trollish comments just as some sort of satisfaction.

Must be the deep seated issues caused due to child abuse or something.

Anyway, I would suggest you to utilize your online bandwidth on something constructive here rather than getting involved with this clown who deliberately derails discussion at every chance.

aliyah

even record oh yeah.....Finland in russia right

jouni

Americans are out of Iraq and Afganistan, ISIS is winning ground everywhere: muslims are gaining clearly moral boost from that.

Last edited:

Blackwater

IRAN off course are better . pakis are like a bander who has been given loaded ak-47

. Iran during shah time was much better military power than pakis.

due to sanction they suffered if given all hardware iranis are anytime better than pakis.

more over iran is better quality people, much educated ,broad minded and the got oil and gas.

guess what iran has lesser polio cases than pakis.

not to forgot these coward pakis hide their fighters in iran bases during 1965,1971 wars:rofl::rofl:

Blackwater

Americans are out of Iraq and Afganistan, ISIS is winning ground everywhere: muslims are gaining clearly moral boost from that.

amerika might be out of iraq and Afghanistan but not out of Muslim world

hope u got the massage( bang bang):):):)

jouni

They still use these old F-14s....they are as creative as cubans to keep them running...remember Cuba with old 50s cars....

Sakal Gharelu Ustad

Detests Jholawalas
Ambassador

Yes, capturing 100,000 POW is a pretty even record!

You might be educated but actually no better than Pakis. They too thought they can use religion instead of their brains to win a war but reality soon hit them!! Dumb people like you need a jolt to come out of slumber!

Global Defence

New threads

Articles