Which Country Does India Love the Most?

ejazr

Ambassador
Which Country Does India Love the Most?

After the heads of all five permanent members of the United Nations Security Council visited India in the past year, which does India feel closest to?

After listening to Minister of External Affairs S.M. Krishna's media briefing Friday, we would have to conclude that the answer—as it probably would have been at any point in the past five decades—is Russia.

Mr. Krishna said relations with Russia remain a top foreign policy priority. He described Russia as a "time-tested partner"—perhaps a subtle dig at those, such as the U.S. and the U.K., which have only recently put India at the top of their priority lists. And he described the India-Russia relationship as a "special and privileged strategic partnership."

Take that, David Cameron's "new special relationship!" It was Mr. Cameron who was the first of the Big Five to visit in 2010 but Britain didn't warrant a mention from Mr. Krishna.

Nor did France, despite President Nicolas Sarkozy's autumn visit though we should note that Mr. Krishna did mention the promise of the European Union-India free trade agreement which is expected to be finalized in the first few months of this year.

U.S. President Barack Obama arrived here to great fanfare in early November. The U.S. didn't quite get the super special friend status accorded to Russia but Mr. Krishna did note that the U.S. and India have recently forged a "very strong strategic global partnership." He also said their relationship had moved to a "qualitatively new level" and that India attaches a "very high importance to our relationship."

He was decidedly less effusive about China, not surprisingly given the various areas of tension between them.

"India will continue to actively engage China across a spectrum of issues," Mr. Krishna said, adding that exchanges between the two countries last year—including the visit to New Delhi last month of Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao—had added "stability" to the relationship.

The two countries, he said, have agreed that, "as strategic partners," they will enhance trade and commerce, science and technology, and people-to-people ties.

In short: Beijing, you are not Moscow.

amoy

Russia with love
Everyone loves Russia (-_-)

China plays the same tune "special and privileged strategic partnership" with Russia

anoop_mig25

Country flag
yes but i thinks its G2G best between among india -russia. if u involve common people or students then i am sure most would prefer america (sad but true). russian needs to relly open up to indians as a amrica is b2b between common indian and russians has to grow

Ray

The Chairman
Professional
China.

Old civilisations!

A.V.

the country thats india loves most in its neighbourhood :- maldives and bhutan
in asia its vietnam or malaysia
in europe its france and russia
middleeast :- israel
in africa its SA
latin america its Brazil
N america :- the US

even if india dosent love them they should start loving these countries in the future for its own good and advancement

DeletedUser

Leaving aside political ties, defence deals etc. I would say that the common Indian loves America the most. I personally prefer the UK. Given the choice of where to live, I would pick the UK over the US.

brain_dead

tie between Bhutan n Nepal.
Russia..? No.
Relationship between India and Russia is not as transparent as it seems.

arya

Country flag
india first we have to learn how to love our country and do the things so that ou country can stand with proud

that duty for every indian

Singh

Phat Cat
Super Mod
Country flag
Anglo Saxons are our natural allies.
Russian and India are drifting apart no clear sense of direction.
SE Asia and S Asia countries are our cultural allies.
India and China are civilizational allies.
India and ME are historical allies.
India and Africa are sisters.

We need to cultivate greater friendships worldwide. We need to re-establish our position as guiding light of the world.

ganesh177

Country flag
Mango man of india loves US more than russia. Atmosphere in media and everywhere is different whenever US president is on visit of india, same cannot be said for russian president visit.

civfanatic

Retired
Ambassador
Anglo Saxons are our natural allies.
Russian and India are drifting apart no clear sense of direction.
SE Asia and S Asia countries are our cultural allies.
India and China are civilizational allies.
India and ME are historical allies.
India and Africa are sisters.

We need to cultivate greater friendships worldwide. We need to re-establish our position as guiding light of the world.
What makes Anglo-Saxons our "natural allies"?

Anyway, on topic I would say the average India loves the US the most, but only because of false media portrayals and the excessive import of American/Western culture. If the average Indian was more intelligent in geopolitical and defense issues, they would definitely favor Russia a lot more.

Last edited:

Shaitan

Zandu Balm all day
Mod
Country flag
Im going to guess America, because a lot of urban Indians are being westernized, Americanized..

And America is the big boss, CEO of the planet!! Its amiable..

India should be cool with future rising African nations like Nigeria, S. Africa.

Nigeria has many similarities with India. Large nation, many ethnic groups and religions, problems between Christians and Muslims there are similar to Hindu and Muslim in India a while back. Im sure it will be one of the dominate powers of Africa like India to be in Asia, etc.

Last edited:

lurker

This is an easy one, the country India loves the most is India!:cool:

neo29

Most Indians love US. No wonder Indians love to go there. Israel is also respected by most Indians.

The Messiah

Bow Before Me!
What makes Anglo-Saxons our "natural allies"?

Anyway, on topic I would say the average India loves the US the most, but only because of false media portrayals and the excessive import of American/Western culture. If the average Indian was more intelligent in geopolitical and defense issues, they would definitely favor Russia a lot more.
a lot of people are deluded and dont know anything except what is shown on mtv :sing:

it is and always will be yanks interest to keep us tied down and below them...the only allies we have is another fellow Indian.

Blackwater

Russia- Always with love

UK- Old love

Isreal- New love

USA- Never loved and love, only give and take.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles