Which aircraft do you think is the best aircraft ever?

Pintu

Folland Gnat also , simply love this flying machine , the unforgettable and tremendous service it provided us in 1971 war.

Image courtesy Wikipedia:

Regards

Yusuf

GUARDIAN
Super Mod
Country flag
First jet powered fighter. Came in too late for the Germans to make any impact. But it sure did help the Americans develop their own fighter jets by reverse engineering the Me 262.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
Mig-25 Foxbat for me. Fast and Furious !

bengalraider

DFI Technocrat
Ambassador
Country flag
My top three

1)The Albatross D.III from WW1, The red baron got most of his kills flying this beauty

2) The B-24 Liberator, the plane that broke the back of Nazi germany's war machine.This was also the most produced allied aircraft during the Second world war.

3)I am introducing a helicopter to this list for the sheer amount of work this chooper has done in vietnam and every conflict since, yes you guessed it it's the Huey, still in use by around 44 countries .The Bell UH-1N Huey is an icon of the vietnam conflict and a major part of every conflict since.

sandeepdg

My top 3 favorites are :

1) Supermarine Spitfire - The fastest aircraft in WW2 and the first high speed photo reconnaissance aircraft .

2) Folland Gnat - It played a sterling role in the 1965 &1972 wars with Pakistan taking on the superior Sabre jets of PAF. Also nicknamed 'Sabre Slayer'.

3) Mig-25 Foxbat- One of the fastest jets ever built clocking a max speed of Mach 3.2. During the first Gulf war, 2 Mig-25s outrun 4 F-15s and 10 AAMs !! Also, my favorite because one IAF Mig 25RB flew at 74000 ft over Pakistan carrying out a recon. mission over Islamabad and adjoining areas, PAF F-16As scrambled but could not keep up with its height and speed, and gave up :india:

tarunraju

Sanathan Pepe
Mod
Country flag
F/A 18 "SuperHornet", Tu-160 "Blackjack", Su-27, and MiG 25 "Foxbat".

p2prada

For me every plane is a living being. There is nothing that can be called as "my favorite." Every time I look at a plane, big or small, I fall in love with it. Some have their own merits and flaws, but that's the beauty of it. Every plane has its own heart beat.

However, IF some one is able to build a plane that has a part of every plane built till date, that would be my favorite plane.

Soham

DFI TEAM
Country flag
The second plane in the picture is a Tu-160. That picture has a Tu-95, Tu-160, and Tu-204C.
I'm only able to see a little top of the pic. It stops there.

Bengalraider,
Your second pic is not visible.

Zero

I'm only able to see a little top of the pic. It stops there.

Bengalraider,
Your second pic is not visible.
Its is only one pic. In the Pic there is 3 planes. 2nd plane after T-95 is the T-160.:scared_sofa:

blade

There is no absolute best in aerodynamic frames. Its all about specialities. All the front line jets have unique niche of application. We can only mark a few jets which showcases the revolutionary technologies needed for generational transitions. In 4th gen domain Its one & only f 16s when considered on over all performance basis. Even then we should not forget that there are 4rth gen birds which have very special slot of application . such as mig 25 / mig 31 . They demonstrate the ultimate 4rth gen speed. Again mig 29 stands for the best air menuaver ect etc. My personal choise will be both f 16 & mig 29 for 4th gen. Now about 4 -- 5 gen transitional jets its very hard too comment. As the general mass come to know about the true strenth and weaknesses only after the generation of that jet comes to the end of its effective life and used only by second grade powers.About true 5th gen jets i am still doubtful wheather the true 5th gen avition technology has been defined strictly as of now. Perhaps it will take another 15 years minimum before we could get a true 5th gen jet rolling out which is as matured as f 16/f15/mig 29 within the realm of the generation of its origin.

Latest Replies

Global Defence

New threads

Articles